Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

Any parking along there? looks worth a visit.

Drove in there on the moto just an hour ago. I live in the area so easy for me. Parking is very, very limited as soi only parking in the general vicinity of the pier entry.

I Google'd the place on Street view maps and the street view is old before the place was built but gives a good look to the street and how to get in there. Here are the GPS numbers: 12.665746, 101.044797

I took a couple of photos too. The entry of the place and the turn in to the soi to get there. You can see a sign hung on a wall to show an arrow pointing to the left.

attachicon.gif2014-10-16 13.14.38.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-10-16 13.13.03.jpg

Thanks for that, i know the area, was just wondering about parking the truck, might have a lookie tonight.

Any parking along there? looks worth a visit.

Drove in there on the moto just an hour ago. I live in the area so easy for me. Parking is very, very limited as soi only parking in the general vicinity of the pier entry.

I Google'd the place on Street view maps and the street view is old before the place was built but gives a good look to the street and how to get in there. Here are the GPS numbers: 12.665746, 101.044797

I took a couple of photos too. The entry of the place and the turn in to the soi to get there. You can see a sign hung on a wall to show an arrow pointing to the left.

attachicon.gif2014-10-16 13.14.38.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-10-16 13.13.03.jpg

Thanks for that, i know the area, was just wondering about parking the truck, might have a lookie tonight.

I visited there last night, room to park and turn the pick up truck out front.

The place was spectacularly clean and tidy, really nice, great at sunset. The lady that runs it speaks excellent English and a very nice polite lady.

Food was good and the beer was cold neither of which were expensive.

I will be going back.

• 3 weeks later...

Ruan Chomchan is a fantastic Thai seafood restaurant. The quality seems better than Romson and slightly more pricey.Its probably about 1kilometre from the Pala roundabout heading towards Garden School. Fantastic food and a nicely decorated place.

• 4 weeks later...

Ruan Chomchan is a fantastic Thai seafood restaurant. The quality seems better than Romson and slightly more pricey.Its probably about 1kilometre from the Pala roundabout heading towards Garden School. Fantastic food and a nicely decorated place.

This is by far the best seafood restaurant in all of Ban Chang area, and i would say by quite a margin.

I found the prices, particularly of the big fish dishes, to be considerably less than any of the others, beer is on a par with the rest, but the quality of the food is really good, you ought to see the size of prawns they use in their dishes, even the prawn fried rice - they are huge.

Very impressed with this place, so much so that this is now our restaurant of choice for dining with our clients at lunchtimes.

Long may it stay as perfect as it is!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have you been in The Camel bar lately? I had breakfast there and watched one of the sour faced bitches who were serving picking skin off the bottom of her feet at the bar for a few minutes. Some food cam and She took it outside to some poor customer who had no idea - filthy bitch.

• Like 1

Have you been in The Camel bar lately? I had breakfast there and watched one of the sour faced bitches who were serving picking skin off the bottom of her feet at the bar for a few minutes. Some food cam and She took it outside to some poor customer who had no idea - filthy bitch.

I much prefer the Papa Sings breakfasts these days.

Couple of places that I've tried recently that have been good; "Nina's Kitchen" on the new bypass road (coming up Phala rd with Eastern Star on your left, turn left at the lights and 100 meters on the right). Good pasta, burgers, and Thai food. Affordable, tasty, and good service.

Directly opposite the Eastern Star, is the "Zum Adler" German restaurant (formerly Wendy's, until the proprietor unfortunately passed away), now with a re-jigged menu, German beers (obviously), and some great imported steaks. Both recommended. thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like The Pizza Company chain will be opening a new take-away/delivery store in Ban Chang soon. On Sukumvit just past what is the Eastern Star Square. A new set of shop houses were built and the pizza store will be in there. I saw the work being done today to ready the site for operation

Heres the Google street view info

12°43'23.2"N 101°03'05.7"E 12.723126, 101.051593

• 4 weeks later...

This is by far the best seafood restaurant in all of Ban Chang area, and i would say by quite a margin.

I found the prices, particularly of the big fish dishes, to be considerably less than any of the others, beer is on a par with the rest, but the quality of the food is really good, you ought to see the size of prawns they use in their dishes, even the prawn fried rice - they are huge.

Very impressed with this place, so much so that this is now our restaurant of choice for dining with our clients at lunchtimes.

Long may it stay as perfect as it is!!

Agreed. Been a few times now, and the food and service is spot-on every time. Very rare to find a new restaurant that has everything down pat right from starting up. They listen to their customers also and have added German beers and imported spirits onto the drinks menu too. Has now become our first choice for Thai / seafood, and would recommend the place to anyone.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Really Enjoyed Terracotta...

So sorry but I missed where is this Terracota? I do not see a reference to this place. Maybe not enough coffee in me yet
its on the North end of town Rayong, High Quality Food, Google it Rayong a Restaurant or go on TA

Ok for those that wanted to know where this place is located. Here is a link to their map location.

I have seen this place numerous times when going to/from Bangkok Hospital Rayong. Looks like a nice place nestled among the big trees .

http://terracotta-rayong.com/en/map.html

. Thanks , Longball, Definitely Shady from the Trees, Food Great.a lil pricy but the Quality is there...

• 2 weeks later...

I'll give the kebab place a whirl. Best name I've heard for a kekbab place is Abra Kebabrabiggrin.png

where did u see that name its a Chain of Kebab shops in Ireland, Used to leave Rumours NiteClub at The Gresham in Dublin, I worked their as a kid and at 3:00 in the morning and all the mates would all eat, I remember The Garlic on your breath in the morning... Edited by Dannyboy666

From time to time I come on this forum just to read the updates on ban chang ..... Couldn't come this year but really missed the place , it's not the most perfect place but has one of the best vibes in thailand for me ! Keep the updates coming guys

A new place serving kebabs opened up at the weekend in Banchang.

"Kebab City" on the new bypass road just up from Eastern Star and turn left. Place on your right hand side.

Not tried one yet, but will give it a go asap.

Great directions!......if you are going to Nina's Kitchen.clap2.gif

If you want Kebab City however, you should turn right onto the new road (if coming from Eastern Star) and it is on your left hand side, (next to the CYCle shop)wai2.gif

^Don't get a strop on lad..Your directions were crap and not helpful at all! If you turn left at the new road, you'd end up on Sukhumvit without even seeing the place. as you'd be travelling in the wrong direction!.....And I can't remember you mentioning it being on the same side as Nina's either coffee1.gif

Edited by wilai

Anyway, as it happens, we went there tonight for the first time.

Chicken kebab platter with an extra bread....Pork burger with French fries....and a Pork Roll (wrap). Beer and 2 soft drinks. Just over 500 baht for the lot. Great valuethumbsup.gif

Kebab was great and the little fella confirmed that his burger and fries was Aroy maak! Mrs didn't eat all her wrap but that was to be expected as it didn't contain sticky rice or a million chilli seeds!

Jost? and partner very nice friendly hosts. All in all, lovely food at a very reasonable price. Can recommendclap2.gif

• Like 1

^Don't get a strop on lad..Your directions were crap and not helpful at all! If you turn left at the new road, you'd end up on Sukhumvit without even seeing the place. as you'd be travelling in the wrong direction!.....And I can't remember you mentioning it being on the same side as Nina's either coffee1.gif

sorry but is

quote ''If you want Kebab City however, you should turn right onto the new road (if coming from Eastern Star) and it is on your left hand side, (next to the CYCle shop)wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XDSXeTygv''

not on the same side as Nina's

Went to the seafood restaurant on the 'army' camp opposite the airfield, heading towards pattaya on the Sukhumvit road, just after the 332 road traffic lights, do a u turn at the next turn, ( if you come to the traffic lights where the old aircraft is parked then you have gone too far, so do a u turn there and head back to Ban Chang) then the first entrance to the 'army' camp is the car wash 100baht sign, and the next entrance is the restaurant slightly to your left, set on the side of a lake, directly under the flight path of the airfield.

good food, good price, good service, nice breeze from the lake, it must be the 'army' rowing club practise place as well, some nice photo opportunity of the planes landing, Eaten there twice in the last couple of weeks, and was really busy the first Sunday we went, but today at 4.30 nice and quiet. as i said good food both times.

I think the seafood on the beach at Phala has slipped a bit over the last short while.

sorry but is

quote ''If you want Kebab City however, you should turn right onto the new road (if coming from Eastern Star) and it is on your left hand side, (next to the CYCle shop)wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XDSXeTygv''

not on the same side as Nina's

Read the posts mate.....the original advised to turn left and Kebab City is on the right. Whereas, in the real world, you turn right at the lights and the restaurant is on the left. Yeah, on the same side of the road as Nina's, but a couple of kms nearer to Maptaphut and you won't find it if you turn left at the new road! Will end up nearer to your army place on Suk thoughbiggrin.png Have been there a few times myself and agree, it is good

Edited by wilai