Jump to content
BANGKOK 16 June 2019 03:41
PattayaParent

Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

Recommended Posts

If you fancy a craft beer or willing to try any other worldwide beer, you can try Chase's bar on the bypass road towards sukhumvit, a little bit after the BeeHive on the same side.

He must have at least 150 different beers, and you can also get snacks like a smoked duck breast of just french fries with it.

Everything is imported so prices are bit high, but really nice choice.

Nice place

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great new eatery next to Yurak just down from Hey Mom, called Long Time, the place with the converted containers, open from 10 am to 10 pm daily, really good food, although the menu is mostly in Thai the waitress's can help you - they speak great English, they have steaks, ribs, pasta dishes, salads etc. including Thai food.

Good food and great prices too, Buraphapaht road is the place to be these days for eating and entertainment, oh and coffee shops must be 8 coffee shops now between Payoon and Phala lights!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Guns said:

I will check out Long Time. I think the name is a bit unfortunate ?

Well, it is because they have been working on putting it together for about two years, not the reason you were thinking LOL!? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked out long time yesterday. Decor was nice, seats comfy & aircon cool. The ribs in Korean sauce were lovely & soft, tom yum kung nice & spicey as was my yam salmon.sun dried pork with nam jim jao was great. Only downsides were draft Heineken wan't working, no English menu & sign for gelati ice cream that was for decoration only. That was a pity as my mouth needed cooling ?. Overall I thought it was great & loved it Long Time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be the first to say sorry to see it but The Camel Bar and Restaurant will be shutting it's doors as of 9 July 2018. Word came down via the VFW Post that we need to find a new home. I guess the Camel could not deal with the lower business volumes recently. Anyone have some better info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

I will be the first to say sorry to see it but The Camel Bar and Restaurant will be shutting it's doors as of 9 July 2018. Word came down via the VFW Post that we need to find a new home. I guess the Camel could not deal with the lower business volumes recently. Anyone have some better info?

Possibly low turnover, but also Brian just had emergency heart surgery, couple of weeks ago, so that could also be a reason.

Not good to hear of the closing, been a cracking place a long time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's sad news about The Camel. I haven't heard anything. Its a Ban Chang institution. That will mean the only bar doing food on the strip will be Kitty's Beaver & they specialise in yank stuff not Brit pub grub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep,  sad to see the Camel closing it's doors after twenty-odd years. It was the first bar on the now (in)famous "Strip", that started the gold-rush at the time. Of course, the demographic of Banchang expat residents has changed a lot since then. The moneyed-up Oil & Gas / construction guys have been replaced by retirees, and people on local salaries.  Times do indeed move on.

The previous owner did well to sell it to the new guy Brian, but the place went rapidly downhill afterwards, it must be said. Brian's health might have been a factor, and I hope he is recovering well from recent surgery.

I can't see anyone taking on the Camel afterwards, tbh. I heard the Retox chain took a look, and gave it a swerve, basically because of the work requires doing, and the bizarre multi-unit-lease arrangements. Maybe it will end up derelict like the the other expensive 'folly'; "Rumours", a few doors up.?

Tbh, even as a long-term resident and sometime customer of those bars for most part, it wouldn't bother me to see most of those shabby generic beer-bars renovated into something else, or moved elsewhere.

 

Edited by huangnon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, huangnon said:

Yep,  sad to see the Camel closing it's doors after twenty-odd years. It was the first bar on the now (in)famous "Strip", that started the gold-rush at the time. Of course, the demographic of Banchang expat residents has changed a lot since then. The moneyed-up Oil & Gas / construction guys have been replaced by retirees, and people on local salaries.  Times do indeed move on.

The previous owner did well to sell it to the new guy Brian, but the place went rapidly downhill afterwards, it must be said. Brian's health might have been a factor, and I hope he is recovering well from recent surgery.

I can't see anyone taking on the Camel afterwards, tbh. I heard the Retox chain took a look, and gave it a swerve, basically because of the work requires doing, and the bizarre multi-unit-lease arrangements. Maybe it will end up derelict like the the other expensive 'folly'; "Rumours", a few doors up.?

Tbh, even as a long-term resident and sometime customer of those bars for most part, it wouldn't bother me to see most of those shabby generic beer-bars renovated into something else, or moved elsewhere.

 

Fings aint wot they yoosta bee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Fings aint wot they yoosta bee.

Hopefully it does not become  boring liberal hell hole !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, huangnon said:

Yep,  sad to see the Camel closing it's doors after twenty-odd years. It was the first bar on the now (in)famous "Strip", that started the gold-rush at the time. Of course, the demographic of Banchang expat residents has changed a lot since then. The moneyed-up Oil & Gas / construction guys have been replaced by retirees, and people on local salaries.  Times do indeed move on.

The previous owner did well to sell it to the new guy Brian, but the place went rapidly downhill afterwards, it must be said. Brian's health might have been a factor, and I hope he is recovering well from recent surgery.

I can't see anyone taking on the Camel afterwards, tbh. I heard the Retox chain took a look, and gave it a swerve, basically because of the work requires doing, and the bizarre multi-unit-lease arrangements. Maybe it will end up derelict like the the other expensive 'folly'; "Rumours", a few doors up.?

Tbh, even as a long-term resident and sometime customer of those bars for most part, it wouldn't bother me to see most of those shabby generic beer-bars renovated into something else, or moved elsewhere.

 

Can remember when it was opened first.

Think Don's ( MacAllister ) was the second ( now rumours )

I heard the name rumours came from one certain married lady who loved to start making stories up to cause problems between expats and their wifes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 12:22 PM, chrisandsu said:

Hopefully it does not become  boring liberal hell hole !

Not much chance of that, tbh.?

 

However, as the Camel was the only non-girlie attendant pub / bar on the Strip, you now have no excuses (to the missus) for being up there anymore..?

 

"I'm just in the Camel, dear" now not applicable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Not much chance of that, tbh.?

 

However, as the Camel was the only non-girlie attendant pub / bar on the Strip, you now have no excuses (to the missus) for being up there anymore..?

 

"I'm just in the Camel, dear" now not applicable.

Ah.  The Camel with no hump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, huangnon said:

Not much chance of that, tbh.?

 

However, as the Camel was the only non-girlie attendant pub / bar on the Strip, you now have no excuses (to the missus) for being up there anymore..?

 

"I'm just in the Camel, dear" now not applicable.

Sent you a PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...