BANGKOK
PattayaParent

Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

On 10/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, Big Guns said:

I had luch at the Vietnamese place today. It was superb & very affordable. We had 8 dishes I had 2 big beers & it was 850 Baht. If you go at the weekend from 1-2.45 it's quite busy but service is still good.

Thank you for the report.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, Big Guns said:

I had luch at the Vietnamese place today. It was superb & very affordable. We had 8 dishes I had 2 big beers & it was 850 Baht. If you go at the weekend from 1-2.45 it's quite busy but service is still good.

Do they do that dish that has the thin pasta sheets or greens that you fill will a bit of sliced sausage, green chopped banana, chopped garlic and a spicy sweet sauce?

19 hours ago, overherebc said:

Do they do that dish that has the thin pasta sheets or greens that you fill will a bit of sliced sausage, green chopped banana, chopped garlic and a spicy sweet sauce?

Yes they've got that.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

Yes they've got that.

In Thai I think they call it something like Nam Nung but I can never get sound or tone right 😆

On 11/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, overherebc said:

In Thai I think they call it something like Nam Nung but I can never get sound or tone right 😆

I think its called Vietnamese pan cakes.😋

1 minute ago, Jessi said:

I think its called Vietnamese pan cakes.😋

I prefer the pasta/noodle sheets to the greens when eating it. Heading to Vietnam soon and I'm going to try and find it there to find out if it's any different.

13 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I prefer the pasta/noodle sheets to the greens when eating it. Heading to Vietnam soon and I'm going to try and find it there to find out if it's any different.

Just ask for .....

Bánh xèo [ɓǎjŋ̟ sɛ̂w], literally "sizzling pancake", named for the loud sizzling sound it makes when the rice batter is poured into the hot skillet; it is a Vietnamese savory fried pancake made of rice flour, water, and turmeric powder. It is stuffed with individual preferences, and served vegetarian or with meat.

• Thanks 1

I'll be living in the area in the next year. Read this thread from page 1. Doesn't seem likely to find any good American food. Not at least consistently. Open for a bit and closed. Seems common place, what's the common denominator here? 🤔

Edited by Roadkillaf

1 hour ago, Roadkillaf said:

I'll be living in the area in the next year. Read this thread from page 1. Doesn't seem likely to find any good American food. Not at least consistently. Open for a bit and closed. Seems common place, what's the common denominator here? 🤔

Not enough western customers on a regular basis?

I have been 2\3 times in Bang Chang and i found the place

small and depressive, imo Pattaya and Rayong are much better options

But I have heard there is some nice golf courses in the area.

Good luck

Ban Chang to me is one of the best places to live in the area . Plenty of food options . Pattaya in close enough and far enough away . The local Thais for the most part have decent paying jobs so are not over reliant on any type of tourism , plus a lot of the foreign guys that used to work in the oil and gas industry have been replaced by locals .In Thailand nothing is a permanent fixture , businesses come and go and that’s just the nature of the beast . Hows the strip looking these days ? 

Edited by chrisandsu
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Not enough western customers on a regular basis?

I have been 2\3 times in Bang Chang and i found the place

small and depressive, imo Pattaya and Rayong are much better options

But I have heard there is some nice golf courses in the area.

Good luck

I apologize for the confusion, I'll actually be in Rayong. I thought this post was covering all the areas, my mistake lol.

• Haha 1

Good steak, beef, burgers, sausages, bacon etc. at the Ban Chang Expat Mart  if you want to DIY!

8 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Hows the strip looking these days ? 

At my last visit 2 months ago it was pretty dead

at 9 pm around 10 customers in total in the 15 bars

the prices for the girls seems to have rocketed also

(I have been asked 1500 for a ST from a young random girl

plus the barfine and the room, in 2 differents bars, of course it was a no go)

i was happy to be back in Pattaya