Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

depends where you mean when you say 'on payoon'

but try this....

get yorself to the bottom of payoon road ( where the 4 way junction is with many signs and the little petrol shop next to the police box

from this junction head towards phala- go past milford, phala cliff, until you arrive at the mini roundabout by the 'log cabin' in phala village

take the left option into the heart of the village parallel with the sea ( it takes you through to the temple)

if you end up at the temple you've gone too far

instead it's simply on the left after about 300 metres

little old wooden house with lots of rustic charm

To answer the poster who asked about noodle stalls, my favourite is just off the sukhumvit next to the main intersection in Ban Chang. Take the Sukhumvit towards Rayong, then take a left at the traffic lights before the 7-Eleven at the main intersection.

The noodle stall is a little truck (lot krapong/tuk tuk). They do fantastic pork noodles.

Check it out.

but try this....

get yorself to the bottom of payoon road ( where the 4 way junction is with many signs and the little petrol shop next to the police box

from this junction head towards phala- go past milford, phala cliff, until you arrive at the mini roundabout by the 'log cabin' in phala village

take the left option into the heart of the village parallel with the sea ( it takes you through to the temple)

Many thank tv will try it out next week

but try this....

Many thank tv will try it out next week

I would say it's only about 100 m past the roundabout (or less).

It is lit up at night but hard to find in the daytime. There is a car park on an empty lot opposite.

See you there :)

• 1 month later...

I'm going to revive this old thread by saying there are two new restaurant/pizza places now open in BC. AT least they're new to me. I am always on the lookout for a decent pizza.

The first is on the bar strip just opposite the Offshore. Nice looking place with an open air feeling and decor. I only went in there as I was looking for a pizza that night and was headed to get an Offshore pizza and spotted the sign. All I can say for the pizza I ate was I will not be back for the pizza. No taste for me at all. And the only small beer they had was a Tiger Light. Yuk!

The second place is a new small spot on the soi behind the Offshore. I believe the name was Lasse's Pizza.

I ordered a Tiger and a small Primavera pizza. I would say it was a nice taste and good thinner crust. Owner said next time try the most popular one with blue cheese on it plus other goodies. This one I will be back for.

Check them out and see what you think

• 5 weeks later...
I'm going to revive this old thread by saying there are two new restaurant/pizza places now open in BC. AT least they're new to me. I am always on the lookout for a decent pizza.

The first is on the bar strip just opposite the Offshore. Nice looking place with an open air feeling and decor. I only went in there as I was looking for a pizza that night and was headed to get an Offshore pizza and spotted the sign. All I can say for the pizza I ate was I will not be back for the pizza. No taste for me at all. And the only small beer they had was a Tiger Light. Yuk!

The second place is a new small spot on the soi behind the Offshore. I believe the name was Lasse's Pizza.

I ordered a Tiger and a small Primavera pizza. I would say it was a nice taste and good thinner crust. Owner said next time try the most popular one with blue cheese on it plus other goodies. This one I will be back for.

Check them out and see what you think

Tried Lasse's food was good , good price. as for the other place didnt like the pizzas at all, no tomato on the base, just not nice.

I've been to Lasse's Pizza place several times now and have 3 friends that go there also. We all say the same thing. He has a good thing in his pizza and we will continue to come back. For me he has the best pizza in the area at a reasonable price.

The other place on the strip is forgettable.

I will mention one of the bars on the strip called the Beaver Bar as having very decent American style foods. Big servings good tasting.

• 6 months later...
For large portions of inexpensive good quality thai food check out the place directly opposite "de best", excellent food and value IMO.

those of us in town call that the Rahn Ahahn Pom Yao, because the cook has long hair

they are open very late

Lasse has the best pizza in town no doubt. I had few drinks with him on his birthday yesterday

Offshore pizza stinks, B&Y across the street from Offshore is dreadful

Camel's only good pizza is the Mexican which over time has become less & less appealing

first they took away the jalapenos, now they are using corn & ground beef.

Whats the name of that Thai resturant in Ban Chang on the corner of sukvit road and the strip street, the one where they do all the cooking on the street, you know the one.

it's called Matoorot

people park like idiots around there to let their wives go buy food & there are constantly motorbikes exiting from there

a real nightmare if you're trying drive thru there, but the only way if you are going to Lotus from that street

I guess you could go West one street & then go all the way to the 4-way intersection make a U-ey & come back.

For western food in Rayong, there is Odille's which has fantastic imported steaks at reasonable prices. Odille's is probably the best western restaurant in Rayong.

could you explain where that's at please ?, I'd love to go check it out next weekend

I love relaxing in Rayong on the weekend & work in Banchang during the weedays

nevermind, DOH !

It is north of Sukhumvit, just east of Thaksin Road. Heading east on Sukhumvit, make a left turn at Soi 59. You will see a Susco filling station on your right, and a traffic circle to the north. Enter the traffic circle and take the north road (that's going the same direction from which you entered the traffic circle. Odille's is on your right, just as you exit the traffic circle. The traffic circle is at the intersection of Ratuhit and Choeng Nuen.

WikiMapia

Odille's serves imported beef from Australia and New Zealand, and sells the beef for retail as well. It is the most expensive restaurant in Rayong, so you might pay up to 500 baht for dinner. Inexpensive by Pattaya or Bangkok standards, but well beyond other Rayong restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to think the Camel's Mexican pizza was the best in town

Offshore has a pizza that is quite filling, but not that tasty

B & Y, across from Offshore, has a beef pizza that is pretty tasty, don't get the Kebab pizza, almost NO toppings

Lasse probably has the best in town with his Lasse special that has Bleu Cheese on it

Lasse had no one around to delivery (Songkran) so I called Camel, they are always telling me they don't have any vehicle to deliver late, so I called them early, 20:15

low & behold they don't have a vehicle even this early

this time they want to charge me 70b for delivering

I told them to forget it

but they still delivered right as I was about to order from B & Y

I told them on the phone that I had 500b notes, but did they pay attention ?, NO, so they've got NO change on them

I gathered some loosed notes & came up with 260, which is a 30b tip, or delivery charge

it sucked though

their Mexican pizza used to have Jalapeno chillies on it, now it has CORN of all things, Yuck !

it's ground beef, sort of like meat for a taco

that's the last time for me, it's steadily gotten worse over time, it's Lasse or B & Y from now on for me

I tried it a couple of weeks ago. Name is Tae Ichi if i recall correctly.

The menu had several Korean sets and dishes and also several pages of Japanese items.

As I recall the sets are the basic kimchi, rice and meat and soup . Choices of beef, pork, shrimp or chic.

Wife and i both said it was good. One large beer and our food together was less than 500 baht.

I like kimchi and I thought the stuff this place had was not to my taste. I like the Fuji restaurant kimchi flavor

I would go back

As for Lasse and the pizza place? I have been there twice recently and both times he is not there and the place looks like a dump and the aircon was not running and very hot. Pizza to me is the best we can get here in Banchang but not great by any stretch.

Best pizza in BC area is at Silverlake (buddha mountain), but its a 20 minute drive and relatively expensive (300+)

Lasses pizzas are barely passable, I think they use frozen bases like most of the other places around. Probably OK if you're eating it at a bar after half a dozen beers.

The first person to open a good authentic italian pizza place. (fresh bases, wood fired oven) will do well.

Cheers

Edited by INTJ

Actually I think Lasse's wife makes the dough for the base herself. But like you said it is not too good. And the electric pizza oven does not do the pizza any justice either. I have been told by a friend that goes there and gets a take away that Lasse now has outside employment and he is not there nearly as often as in the start. Maybe this has some impact on the end results from day to day

Silverlake pizza is a way to go and yes a bit spendy but they are playing to the tourist crowd there.

I had a positive experience at the new korean/japenese place, they had a deal on with Asashi beer buy 3 get one free:) maybe that has influenced my dining experience.

I'm not an expert of korean cusine, but I could'nt find any fault with the food. I think i perfer thier style of kimshi(bit more robust) and the miso soup was also an improvement from what you get at the franchise restaruants. Definitlety the staff and atmosphere were more friendly and less clinical.

We were the only customers, hopefully thier buisness picks up as i would like to go back. I get nervous if i'm in a restaraunt by myself and the menu has alot of fresh seafood.

Edited by podgey

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone, know of any new restaraunts lately in bang chang. I feel as though i'm ready for a fresh taste, can anyone recommened a good korean bbq joint? My fav for the best sauce is the one on the bangchang - payoon rd just before the kindergarden.

Also can we talk about what foods to order at thai restaruants, because i need some new ideas. Every time i sit down, i become overwhelmed at the 400+ item menu and just end up ordering the same stuff. eg. fried sea bass / tom yum / gangkiel wan / tom kha gai / panang / hoi tot / puk puk ruam / yum

If you have any fresh ideas please post them.

Went to a new restaruant in Pala beach last night, ran by a local teacher and his family. They have had the very popular thai restaraunt on the beach up from the school for many years('Daan ku', the one at the T-juction), they have opened this new one in connection to thier guesthouse('ku chang resort") which has been open since last week.

It is located in between the pier and the temple and is a little inaccessable by road, especially if you dont know where you are going. I recommend travelling by motorbike or parking at the pier and walking either along the beachtowards the temple or there is a little side soi there. I would say it's inaccesablity adds to it's charm.

The feel of the place was very nice, little timber decking on the beach (they actually are cleaning the beach, or at least pushing the rubbish further along). Lots of fresh blue and white paint.

the food i could'nt fault, very nice, fast service. enjoy

• 1 month later...

Had lunch at Terracotta Coffee House yesterday and would have to agree with big guns that everything is nicely done, It does feel exclusive. The menu was good and the some items were suprisingly low enough to compare with your roadside vendors. Meals well presented and prompt, lots of parking.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the Bologneese Pizza at Buono Notte last night and didn't like it.

It was way too sweet, probably the tomato paste they used on it.

There was plenty of meat but the ingredients included tomato, which I assumed to be slices of tomato as all pizza has tomato sauce/paste as the base, but was probably the extra sweet paste that they put on it.

Next time I'll try one without tomato listed as an ingredient to compare, unless anyone has had bad experience with the others already?