Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

On 7/10/2020 at 11:41 PM, overherebc said:

The whole thing kicked off when Mr Coulson opened the first bar,  last building on the row at the Chang Hotel end. Next one was Don McAllister I think, where the new shop is. It just started expanding from there and at that time the majority of 'expat bars' were scattered around Ban Chang.

Prior to the strip the most popular bar was the Oasis on the road from Maptaphut, the road nearest the beach, and when things starting going down with fewer expats working in Maptaphut a lot of the staff from the Oasis moved to the Camel etc.

The strip did have one or two Thai only bars but they didn't last long..

Basically the strip started 97/99 slowly built up and for the past few years has been slowly dying, but who knows the future nowadays.

Early days a lot of guys worked in Maptaphut and they were the main customers. Then the golfers from Pattaya for a couple of years.

Sorry didn’t see this reply . Thanks for the explanation , first time I came down to bc was around 2004 and it was heaving . Does seem to be less and less expats every time I come back . 

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sparkey, I do not know about the previous post, however I read your post and am sorry that you got a pizza that was not up to standard, The recipe's have not changed nor have the bases, however I do n

I had luch at the Vietnamese place today. It was superb & very affordable. We had 8 dishes I had 2 big beers & it was 850 Baht. If you go at the weekend from 1-2.45 it's quite busy but service

What is the idea behind live music in a restaurant that is so loud no-one can have a conversation while enjoying a meal? Is it so that people can practice their lip-reading skills or what? D

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Sorry didn’t see this reply . Thanks for the explanation , first time I came down to bc was around 2004 and it was heaving . Does seem to be less and less expats every time I come back . 

Don't quote me on the actual years, I could be a bit out on some dates but the 'gist' is near enough I think.

😆😆