Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

I've eaten take out food four times now from a little place about 1 or 2km outside Ban Chang heading to Kilo Sip, just opposite the Navy airport on the right. The peppered steak is probably the best I have had in Thailand, especially for the price of 190 baht. Bear in mind though that I never spend much more on steak. The steak is good quality and much better than normal for the price, and the sauce is excellent. I've had that twice. Today I had a salmon steak in a delicious sauce. The pilau/biriani style rice is also very good. The only drawback is that it's a muslim establishment, so you won't get any pork dishes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really a restaurant although they have food, nice breakfast buffet if your hungry, is the recently opened Danish Bakery in the Tesco-Lotus strip of shops just a few doors up from the now closed pizza shop.

I have tried his bread and rolls and a few pastries and I like them. I have longed for a decent loaf of bread here in Ban Chang.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The 'little deli' has opened opposite the garden inter. school, had a good brekkie there, but is open for dinner too. Good coffee and the bread is freshly baked. I usually have brekkie at the little thai restaruant next to the garden on the way into bang chang so it nice to have another convienient option.

I will say that it is a welcome change to have all this good bread around, i fckn hate that red packaged sliced bread from the 7/11.

• 1 month later...

Tried the Bologneese Pizza at Buono Notte last night and didn't like it.

It was way too sweet, probably the tomato paste they used on it.

There was plenty of meat but the ingredients included tomato, which I assumed to be slices of tomato as all pizza has tomato sauce/paste as the base, but was probably the extra sweet paste that they put on it.

Next time I'll try one without tomato listed as an ingredient to compare, unless anyone has had bad experience with the others already?

Tried the four staglioni pizza last week and that was sweet also, although not as sweet as I remember the bolognese pizza.

I think they make their own tomato paste for the base.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a bit of a rushed lunch in a place called Baan Bua, just next to East Water.

Variety of food seemed pretty good but as I wasn't ordering couldn't try out my favourites for comparison.

It was nicely decorated and airconditioned and had a fair number of customers both Thai and Farang so I assume they're doing something good?

Anyone else have any experience of this restaurant?

Had a bit of a rushed lunch in a place called Baan Bua, just next to East Water.

Variety of food seemed pretty good but as I wasn't ordering couldn't try out my favourites for comparison.

It was nicely decorated and airconditioned and had a fair number of customers both Thai and Farang so I assume they're doing something good?

Anyone else have any experience of this restaurant?

Extensive experience.:D My office is right next door, so if I don't fancy driving anywhere for lunch I eat here quite often. Food is delicious, very fresh and not too expensive. It gets a lot of people dining out from their companies in Maptaphut, arriving in buses, so its sometimes difficult to get a seat during working (Mon-Fri) lunchtimes. You might have to book in advance at this time.

Some of my staff order food from here and eat outside the restaurant (they have outside tables 'round back of the restaurant), because they get a big discount when ordering take away.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

^ Correct! A long time before I go to Old Germany however. Is it still there, I must look next time anyway.

There is still a place named Old Germany just past the flyover junction at Map Ta Phut Industrial Estate entrance.

Don't konw if that's the same location it was before though.

• 2 months later...

Recently tried Bella Vista in it's new location.

Food as usual was excellent although it is a little on the expensive side but they do serve large portions.

There is a more economical but still excellent tasting daily menu prior to 18:30 for 195 Baht and they do an assortment of pies with chips and veggies for 180 Baht.

It is no longer a beautiful view though as it is situated next to a creek which runs into the sea. While it appears to be clean and is not smelly there are a lot of insects in the area which are inevitably attracted to the bright lights of the restaurant.

So you might find some extra protein in each mouthful of food and resemble a windmil while waving your arms around to chase them away.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Old germany is still there i have used it a few times lately for the lunch time buffet, mondays is good, with roast and mashed potatoes, and different casseroles and steak, german tues, bbq wednesdays , international thurs, Spanish & Italian fri, i can not remember sat, open 11.30 to 2ish, gets busy with mataput workers after 12.30

• 1 month later...

Hi,

yesterday I visited Tommys Bistro in Ban Chang, they have German and international food, I ate pork tenderloin with handmade german noodles, sauce and salad, 220 Bt... Delicious, what you want more? Together with a Erdinger beer and after food some Jagermeisters, hehehe....

The service was very good and the location is nice, I will come back, for sure!

They also sell bread, Brezels and Brezelssticks and rolls.

Tommys Bistro is located when you drive in to Tesco Lotus, opposite of the parking block

• 4 weeks later...

Great, really great....

Yesterday I went to Tommys Bistro (near Tesco Lotus, Ban Chang) again and was very surprised: Now they sell Sauerkraut, Kassler, different ham and sausages, salami, hunting, liver and, and, and.... clap2.gif

Also they have Gouda and Emmentaler Cheese...licklips.gif

I am very glad, because before I always have to go to Pattaya for shopping, now I can go in the morning to Tommys, buy some rolls and brezels, some sausage and cheese and have a perfect breakfast, if I am to lazy I also can order my breakfast at Tommys, really great...violin.gif

• 2 months later...

Recently tried Bella Vista in it's new location.

Food as usual was excellent although it is a little on the expensive side but they do serve large portions.

There is a more economical but still excellent tasting daily menu prior to 18:30 for 195 Baht and they do an assortment of pies with chips and veggies for 180 Baht.

It is no longer a beautiful view though as it is situated next to a creek which runs into the sea. While it appears to be clean and is not smelly there are a lot of insects in the area which are inevitably attracted to the bright lights of the restaurant.

So you might find some extra protein in each mouthful of food and resemble a windmil while waving your arms around to chase them away.

Tried it the other week...it appears to be a Greek Restaurant now judging by the amount of plates being smashedbiggrin.png . When we walked around to the entrance the owner? said "sorry closed tonight...domestic problem!!!"

• 3 weeks later...

LOL....Sounds like my Thai wife of 15 years....mean as a cobra....we own a Thai restaurant in the USA....and I have never in my life seen such a narcissistic woman....its her restaurant...her money....her everything....and this is from a college educated Thai woman...she has broken more plates and wine bottles in fits of rage....I have run out of excuses for her bad behavior...and the same woman b@tches me out if I give a customer a little to much egg roll sauce...I knew I should have gone with a bargirl....but I went for the smart college educated Thai woman....As the famous line from the old movie Animal House goes....."face it flounder...you fked up" LOL.....and now I have a 12 million baht house by Payoon beach that we never go to...Its a tribute to "her success" to her family,,,btw her mother is meaner then a cobra also..no wonder her mother got dumped by 2 different Thai husband...LOL

• 1 month later...

Great Sunday Roast at "Bees Place" near Phala Beach. Head down towards the beach (Tesco Road) and turn left at the telephone box just before the roundabout at the end of the road. (If you miss it go around the r/bout and take 1st right. About 200 metres up the soi on left hand side (just past the large house). No big sign, look for the pale orange container with outside canopy. Today was roast beef/lamb, roast and mashed potatoes, yorkshire puds and 3 veg + gravy. Including 2 beers was 300 baht. Recommended.

Great Sunday Roast at "Bees Place" near Phala Beach. Head down towards the beach (Tesco Road) and turn left at the telephone box just before the roundabout at the end of the road. (If you miss it go around the r/bout and take 1st right. About 200 metres up the soi on left hand side (just past the large house). No big sign, look for the pale orange container with outside canopy. Today was roast beef/lamb, roast and mashed potatoes, yorkshire puds and 3 veg + gravy. Including 2 beers was 300 baht. Recommended.

I thought that was called 'Tony's Bar'??

Can someone please tell me of a good seafood restaurant in Bang Chang?

Many thanks.

Payoon Seafood next to Milford Hotel

Romson is good. For seafood, IMHO the best is on Phala Beach. If you go through Phala village, turn left towards the beach, just on the junction on the left is the kitchen and some tables under cover. Most of their tables are by the beach under the trees. It's always busy. Sorry I don't know the name.

Many thanks.

Romson is good. For seafood, IMHO the best is on Phala Beach. If you go through Phala village, turn left towards the beach, just on the junction on the left is the kitchen and some tables under cover. Most of their tables are by the beach under the trees. It's always busy. Sorry I don't know the name.

That's Jeb's place. It's a bit overpriced but has many Western dishes on the menu including Salmon, Pasta's, burgers etc and all of your imported spirits.

Many thanks.

That's Jeb's place. It's a bit overpriced but has many Western dishes on the menu including Salmon, Pasta's, burgers etc and all of your imported spirits.

No, not Jeb's, which is ok, but as you say a bit overpriced and nothing special, certainly in regard to seafood. To get to the place I mean, you wind your way through the village, past the temple until you come to a crossroads. Turn left there, and as you come to the beach the seafood place is beside you on your left.