BANGKOK
PattayaParent

Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

Went to BuonaNotte the other night, it's down Thessabarn 56 (the road from the lights at Sukhumvit down to Nam Rin Beach).

Nice setting and good food at a good price with a mix of Thai and Farang foods and customers.

Portions are reasonable for a price of 150 Baht although maybe not large enough for a full Franag appetite (one Farang had ordered 3 items to himself!) but as I and the missus don't eat a lot in the evening it was just right.

How far to drive down 56? One click, two, more? All the way to Nam rin?

Should have clocked it shouldn't I!

If you come down from the lights it's the 3rd gap in the central reservation and make a u-turn and it's about 100m up on your left, just before the shop with the barbeque chicken machine outside.

It's before the new road intersection so if you get to there you've gone too far.

I tried Terracotta Coffee House on Saturday. It's just along from the Bangkok Rayong hospital towards Rayong. It's a nice setting and almost a Bangkok style restaurant. The Thai food and service was great and they have a good selection of cakes.

Saying that the cakes at Buonanotte are better. The chocolate cake, cheesecake and Oreo cheesecake are fantastic.

I tried Terracotta Coffee House on Saturday. It's just along from the Bangkok Rayong hospital towards Rayong. It's a nice setting and almost a Bangkok style restaurant. The Thai food and service was great and they have a good selection of cakes.

Saying that the cakes at Buonanotte are better. The chocolate cake, cheesecake and Oreo cheesecake are fantastic.

What the h*ll is a "bangkok style restaurant"..?? :)

OK, the road down from the lights at Sukhumvit to Nam Rin Beach is Thessabarn 58 not 56 as I wrote.

And Buonanotte is 800m down from Sukhumvit on the right hand side, you have to go down a bit farther and make a u-turn.

The cakes did look good but we didn't try them.

Soutpeel, Bangkok has some nice smaller quite upmarket restaurants. In the Ban Chang/Rayong area we have very few of this type of restaurant. If you try the Terracotta place I mentioned it has the feel/ambience of a small upmarket restaurant in Bangkok. The kind of place to take your wife for a nice meal.

Give it a try. Hope this clarifies things for you

Soutpeel, Bangkok has some nice smaller quite upmarket restaurants. In the Ban Chang/Rayong area we have very few of this type of restaurant. If you try the Terracotta place I mentioned it has the feel/ambience of a small upmarket restaurant in Bangkok. The kind of place to take your wife for a nice meal.

Give it a try. Hope this clarifies things for you

Never found an upmarket restaurant in Ban Chang or Rayong yet and been living there for 8 years...found a few ok restaurants thats all... :)

Just an update. I thought I would give the pizza joint in the soi down from Lotus another try tonight. It was a mistake.

I think the bad pizza there has gotten worse. Last time I go there. Enough said.

Back in town next week and simply can't wait to get to the Baan Bai Boon.

dam_n place worse than a drug, I even dream about it....................fantastic.

I tried the Blue Plate Special at the Beaver Bar today. The place cooks up a nice lunch plate. Today was a huge serving of meat loaf with a big scoop of potato salad and baked beans with some green veggies and rolls for 250. More than I could eat and taste was pretty good. The place has a nice looking dessert menu such as Blueberry Cheesecake and 4 different pies. No atmosphere as just a bar but the food looks good.

Whats the name of that Thai resturant in Ban Chang on the corner of sukvit road and the strip street, the one where they do all the cooking on the street, you know the one.

Well whatever its the best food I have had in Thailand, and soo cheap.

Went to the Food Garden on Sukhumvit for the first time last night. Good food and service.

What's the best noodle stall in Rayong? Prefer beef noodle, but will eat anything.

Another vote for The Old Beach House in Phala. Went last night and the (Thai) food was excellent, very cheap given the location, and a lovely ambiance. Service was great too.

Been to LorKor on Nam Rin a few times lately, as it is close to my house. Food is OK, but after discovering the superior food/ atmosphere/ service at The Old Beach House, at similar (or possibly lower) prices, I think we have a new 'regular'. It's only 5 minutes away so I reckon I can cope.

BTW has anyone tried the farang food at TOBH? It just doesn't strike me as the kind of place that could or should be doing western food.