American Flag At Half Mast

Sojourner

Ha Ha :o I love all this american bashing from people that don't live here also ex-pats that live in another country don't like their mother country anymore?? I was born in Thailand but live in the US grew up here

all you chicken littles can all hide while the american's do the fighting OK we'll let you know when it's OK to come out !!!

Ha Ha  :o  I love all this american bashing from people that don't live here  also ex-pats that live in another country  don't like their mother country anymore??    I was born in Thailand  but live in the US  grew up here

all you chicken littles  can all hide while the american's do the fighting OK  we'll let you know when it's OK to come out !!!

Oh well we found another brainwashed American....

Maybe the reason you get attacked a lot because it's so EASY to get you stirred :D

You're so blinded by your patriotic upbringing that's it's funny all over the rest of the world. (except in muslim countries maybe , you just make them angry)

I wouldn't care less about what you say about the country i was born into. I can have a perspective :D

it's not important the imaginary line between my country and the next, even the language borders are not important, i learned to speak the four languages around me.

I'm not this definition of a person defining me to be opposite then that...

Get a perspective, step out the stupid proud BS...

As a American /Thai you actually should realise that you are both or neither. If you can realise that you can also realise that other people are not different. They just have different conditioning.

Just Like you seem to exhibit a American patriotic Conditioning

Where were you born??  :o  So i'm brain washed because i love my country  don't you love yours??

Yes. Unreflected nationalism is brainwashing. Pure and simple.

I love some people I know in my country. I love some places in it, simply because they are beautiful or because they evoke memories inside of me. I do not love them a lot more because they happen to be situated within the fictitious borders of the Kingdom of Sweden. I love Thailand too.

Nationalism has an inherent element of exclusion in it, which is really ugly. It says that you and your mates are much better than everyone else just because some warlord in the past happened to draw some lines on a piece of paper.

If you cannot accept criticism of yourself or your country even when it is justified; where I come from, that is a sign of immaturity. You are not your country. Your parents are not you, and you have nothing at all to do with Abraham Lincoln and Benjamin Franklin. Just as little as you have to do with Mahatma Gandhi or U Thant.

My country and its representatives commit mistakes, as committing mistakes is human. When they do, I acknowledge it and do not think of it as a personal attack on my ego.

Right-On , Meadish ! You tell 'em.

All countries have their bad points , most also have something to teach the rest of us , and I'd be the first to say that 'Little Englanders' give my own country-of-birth a bad name.

But you've got to be open to criticism - in order to learn from it.

A sense of humour (however twisted) also helps, IMHO

all you chicken littles  can all hide while the american's do the fighting OK  we'll let you know when it's OK to come out !!!

Who is fighting on their own... I think you should take your head out of your ass and think about the other nations fighting the war on terror - supporting the USA.

Even yesterday the UK goverment announced it will probably be sending more troops to Iraq...

As usual the USA thinks it's doing everything itself, forgetting who helps

totster :o