Accommodation In Udon Thani

tcris52

I am going to be spending a couple of weeks in Udon Thani. I am going to be using it as a base and doing some day and overnight trips to other cities in Isaan. I have friends in Chiang Phin and I'd like to be in that general direction, if possible. Any recommendations regarding reasonably priced accommodations in the general direction of Chiang Phin would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony

Hi Tony,

If you wish to stay in the west of the city which is nearer Chiang Phin then these places very close but are a bit out of the city centre and you will need rental bike or car , both places do.

http://www.bbresortudon.com/

http://www.englishmansretreat.com/

You will get full Info if you look up udonmap.

Have fun

Thanks Jibber. They look good, especially the Englishman's Retreat. I'll contact them.

Wow! Learn something new everyday. I live about 7kms. west of Udon. Actually I'm about a km. from Englishman's Retreat. Never stayed there, however I know people that have and recommend the place, I also know Glyn and his wife, the owners. Very nice, affable hosts.

Well, not quite sure why you would stay at bb resort or Englishman’s resort, since chiang phin is actually further from both of them than downtown, where you would have many more options for activities and food. Center of town is about 2 kms closer than both resorts 13/15 give or take.

Well, not quite sure why you would stay at bb resort or Englishman’s resort, since chiang phin is actually further from both of them than downtown, where you would have many more options for activities and food. Center of town is about 2 kms closer than both resorts 13/15 give or take.

Laphanphon,

Thanks for the info. I'm really just looking for a place to use as a base for staying while visiting friends in Chiang Phin. Being close to town and its activities is not a requirement but easy access from Chiang Phin and a reasonably nice place to stay is.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tony

you may want to consider the airport hotel, on the ring road, and would probably be easiest and fastest way to chiang pai, or napalai hotel, bit more expensive. no need to drive thru traffic to get to ring road. if spending half your time in udon, consider downtown, which really isn't far. less 30 minutes to chiang phim and very convenient, as can walk to anywhere, parking is a problem in town. you will have to eat. many options.

stay one or two, then look around a bit. don't pay too far in advance, as refunds if you change your mind, just don't work.