Fancy Dress Hire/buy - Bangkok

m155g0ld

Anyone know where to hire/buy good fancy dress costumes in Bangkok? I'm not talking the coyote dancer / go-go type, just the normal type you'd get in the UK.

Any help much appreciated! :-)

Cheers xxx

Sorry if this is too late to help.

There's a costume hire place in Petchaburi Rd Soi 18, about 100-200m in on your left. Short walk from Phaya Thai BTS. If you're driving beware the soi is very small and its supposed to be 2-way. The place is on the bottom floor of a condo and looks like a laundry but you'll see the costumes hanging outside. Used them last year and was 500 baht per day with a 1,000 baht deposit per suit. Good luck!

post-63676-1214047456_thumb.jpg

anthonyu - thanks loads for the info! Only just saw it so yes, a little late as we needed them for Friday night, but I will know for next time so thanks anyway.

zaza - Ted Baker, Castro, Bebe - fancy dress?? ermmmm - no :o

L x

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread has gone completely off topic with people suggesting men's boutiques, underwear shops and designer sunglasses! The original post was asking where in Bangkok (if anywhere) I could buy or hire 'fancy dress' - meaning 'costumes' (i.e. halloween, pirates, nurses, fairies, etc).

Can I suggest, since apart from Frog25 and zaza we haven't had a single vaguely useful answer, that we close this post? It's become some kind of bizarre advertising thread for various unrelated clothes shops. :o

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone know of any stores or market stalls where you can buy themed costumes for parties which allow you to dress up as characters (pirates, vampires, soldiers, etc.)?

There's a Fancy dress shop in On Nut our school just rented Mr and Mrs Santa suits from. Its right next to the BTS On Nut. They have a website too I think its http://www.Thaicostumes.com

There is also a Thai website you can BUY really cheap outfits but you have to speak Thai: http://www.cupidday.com and not sure about the sizing.

• 11 months later...

Just want to add my own update to this. As of November 2011, the costume rental shop on Petchaburi Soi 18 is still going strong.

They have hundreds of costumes in all sizes, their big customers are clearly theatre shows. The famous character costumes they have (Star Wars characters, Spiderman, etc.) aren't very impressive, but they can also throw something together for you with the collection of supplies they have. The most extensive line they offer is the extravagant cabaret dancer, all types/colors full of glitz. Of course those are for women or the flamboyant crossdresser. They made me a Rama costume from the Ramayana/Ramakien with a fancy hat. I picked it cuz it didn't have sleeves, and a costumes with sleeves gets kinda hot in Thailand.

• Like 1

*The* best road in Bangkok for fancy dress is Soi Atsawa Mit, which is off Thanon Charan Sanitwong. It is the road to the North of Pata Department Store, in Pinklao, on the west side of the Chao Praya river.

Most of the shops on this road are fancy dress shops. And most will make a bespoke costume for you.

Wow, I hope they got their stock put somewhere up high to escape the nasty flood waters.

I'll take a look at what they've got next Halloween, after it's all dried out.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the rental cost 700 baht. They suggested a fancy hat that ran the rental cost up to 1800 baht, but when I told them that I didn't need such a fancy hat, they chose another and the price dropped to 700 baht. Here's a photo that I took in my apartment just before going to the party, though it doesn't show the curly shoes and ankle stuff that came with the outfit. I've never rented a costume before, and had fun doing it, especially for so cheap.

Wow, I hope they got their stock put somewhere up high to escape the nasty flood waters.

I'll take a look at what they've got next Halloween, after it's all dried out.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the rental cost 700 baht. They suggested a fancy hat that ran the rental cost up to 1800 baht, but when I told them that I didn't need such a fancy hat, they chose another and the price dropped to 700 baht. Here's a photo that I took in my apartment just before going to the party, though it doesn't show the curly shoes and ankle stuff that came with the outfit. I've never rented a costume before, and had fun doing it, especially for so cheap.

post-120899-0-11469500-1320684328_thumb.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

It looks like a quite a few of the shops mentioned at now closed.

Does anyone know of any places where I can get fancy dress stuff made in Bangkok, that are still open.

I'm struggling a little and could do with being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks.

Hi

It looks like a quite a few of the shops mentioned at now closed.

Does anyone know of any places where I can get fancy dress stuff made in Bangkok, that are still open.

I'm struggling a little and could do with being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks.

All the ones I mentioned are still open.

• 3 months later...

Hi, you could check out this dress shop in Bangkok. You can rent a dress here for 500 baht and they come with accessories free of charge. There are shoes and bags which you can also rent for 100 baht up. The shop is located in Jatujuk area, by Major cinema. Vibhavidi Rangsit 42.

The owner is called Apple, she speaks English and Thai.

You can contact her on : 0809038913

or call free on LINE APP. ID is :- savitriapple

The link below is for the shop, you can look at the dresses there and contact here also. The facebook page is applesbeautifuldress.

Hope this helped you. :-)

https://www.facebook.com/Applesbeautifuldress?hc_location=timeline

Hi. I found a really good dress shop in Bangkok where you can rent a dress for 500 baht, just 10 pounds! They have accessories also which you can rent with the dresses. click the link below and you can look at their shop. The owner speaks very good English. They have a map on their page also.

I hope this helps :-)

https://www.facebook.com/Applesbeautifuldress?hc_location=timeline

I have downloaded the map of the shop for you. see attachments.

post-186378-0-96038700-1377708148_thumb.

post-186378-0-00289400-1377708152_thumb.

post-186378-0-22374700-1377708156_thumb.

post-186378-0-14859100-1377708158_thumb.

• 4 months later...

Anyone know where to hire/buy good fancy dress costumes in Bangkok? I'm not talking the coyote dancer / go-go type, just the normal type you'd get in the UK.

Any help much appreciated! :-)

Cheers xxx

Sorry if this is too late to help.

There's a costume hire place in Petchaburi Rd Soi 18, about 100-200m in on your left. Short walk from Phaya Thai BTS. If you're driving beware the soi is very small and its supposed to be 2-way. The place is on the bottom floor of a condo and looks like a laundry but you'll see the costumes hanging outside. Used them last year and was 500 baht per day with a 1,000 baht deposit per suit. Good luck!

Followed your description, was easy to find this place.

The shop still exists and costumes can be hired, open from 10 am to 10 pm, also have Facebook ..../prfancy

Actually I paid 800 THB for the costume and 2000 THB deposit.

Recommend to ask staff for help since it's very difficult to get an overview off all the available garments and accessories.

• 9 months later...