BANGKOK 25 March 2019 02:51
Sign in to follow this  
Amsterdam

Gun

Purchasing a gun

I should have all the legal documents done by the end of this week to own a gun in my wife name.

• Dos anyone know of a gun shop in Buriram/Korat/Surin? Address or phone number would be great.
  • Is it better to travel to Bangkok to purchase a gun there?
  • Any idea what new run of the mill 9mm would cost?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited by Amsterdam

I know of a guy in an affordable part of Cambodia, who is into guns in a big way.

His forum name is Weekend Warrior and the mods may help you get in touch with him

Purchasing a gun

I should have all the legal documents done by the end of this week to own a gun in my wife name.

• Dos anyone know of a gun shop in Buriram/Korat/Surin? Address or phone number would be great.

When I spent a ;lot of time in Buri Ram I seen a gun Shop in the city.When you come around the traffic circle take the turn that is going toward the market by the lake. Keep going straight. It is on the left along some shops there . There is a popular noodle stand on the corner near there. Sorry couldn't be more specific but it was a long time ago. Saw some shotguns that why I remember. Sure the police working on the paperwork could help you out too.

LL

Any idea what new run of the mill 9mm would cost?

Eventually, an arm and a leg.

Why do you want one in the first place?

[*]Any idea what new run of the mill 9mm would cost?

What is the mill 9mm :o

What is the mill 9mm :o

...at a guess, a new, ordinary, common or garden no frills semi auto 9mm. Perhaps, a Beretta M9, Browning HP etc.

What is the mill 9mm :D

...at a guess, a new, ordinary, common or garden no frills semi auto 9mm. Perhaps, a Beretta M9, Browning HP etc.

Guessing I did also...........but it did'nt make me wiser! :o

Purchasing a gun

If your paperwork is all good you may be able to get a secondhand or less popular 9mm for 40,000 but if you want a Sig or something nice you're looking at 80,000 plus baht. Thailand is not a good place to buy cheep leagal firearms, its 50% plus more expensive than America.

Your best bet is a Remington 870 Shotgun for around 30,000 new, if you get a chance to buy any descent shotgun ammo you should stock up as its hard to come by.

If you're shopping local go over to the local police range and let them know you have your paperwork and your shopping, they will be happy to let you know who has legitimate firearms for sale. You can also buy Thai gun magazines and people list second hand guns and companies sell new firearms through the magazines, of course you will have to buy in person in Bangkok down on Gun Row as I call it, the street with all the gun shops.

We will be having some pistol and shotgun events coming up in Khon Kaen in August if your interested, we also have some people to help those getting started who ask. Don't pay any attention to the anti gun trolls, about everytime anyone asks a gun question they get their panties in a wad and type up a storm.

Assuming that Bergen really hasn't come across this colloquial English phrase before, 'run of the mill' means ordinary or unexceptional. It is quite a useful phrase that has nothing to do with guns. In this context you don't have to guess too much, the writer is asking about an ordinary 9mm (pistol).

Assuming that Bergen really hasn't come across this colloquial English phrase before, 'run of the mill' means ordinary or unexceptional. It is quite a useful phrase that has nothing to do with guns. In this context you don't have to guess too much, the writer is asking about an ordinary 9mm (pistol).

Thank you very big - that clarifies my Q :D

I just did'nt understand the mill (millimeter :D ) before 9, and mm after :o

How can you own a gun in your wifes name??????

If the documents are done with the wifes name on surely its her gun and you cannot touch it as you havent got a license.Also i thought that farangs cannot legaly own a gun???

If the documents are done with the wifes name on surely its her gun and you cannot touch it as you havent got a license.Also i thought that farangs cannot legaly own a gun???

That's why it's put in the wifes name.............................. :o

Thank you all for the info. I think that on Friday I will check out gun row in Bangkok. As said I can not own a gun in Thailand but my wife can. I would never dear to shoot a gun :o . I like the shot gun for home protection but my preference this time is for a hand gun. I have checked on the internet what gun prices are in the US and done the conversion in THB. Here is my list of preferred guns.

Walther P99 THB 25.000

Colt 1911-A1 THB 25.000

Browning M1935 THB 20.000

Beretta 92FS THB 21.000

Taurus PT92 THB 17.000

I am curious to see if these guns are available on gun row. I am realistic that these prices are not the same in Thailand but maybe I should be able to pick one up for THB 50.000.

My preferred 9mm for maximum stopping power.

9mm luger Remington golden saber box 124grain HPJ(+p) 25 rds THB 831

Winchester ranger 147 grain SXT 50 rds THB 831

I don't know if I can find this kind of 9mm in Thailand but would be great to have. Once I have seen the shops in Bangkok I will let you all know what I find out there. I will also check out the gun shop mentioned in Buriram on Tuesday if I can find it.

Cheers

Amsterdam

PS: it is not my intention to start a debate about gun's. I only would like to find out and share information on where to purchase them.

That's why it's put in the wifes name.............................. :o

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

The OP is requesting how he can illegally acquire a gun and people here are trying to help him.

I always thought that acquiring firearms illegally was a pretty serious criminal offence.

Will you be telling him how to make home-made explosives later?