BANGKOK 23 March 2019 08:04
Sign in to follow this  
Amsterdam

Gun

My gf's father carries a gun with him all the time, an old habit from when he was in business he says. He showed it to me the other day, it's a real antique !

By his own admission, it hasn't been fired for more 10 years. Is there any risk to to shoot with a gun that hasn't been used for so long ?

Edited by JurgenG

How can you own a gun in your wifes name??????

If the documents are done with the wifes name on surely its her gun and you cannot touch it as you havent got a license.Also i thought that farangs cannot legaly own a gun???

That's why it's put in the wifes name.............................. :o

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

The OP is requesting how he can illegally acquire a gun and people here are trying to help him.

I always thought that acquiring firearms illegally was a pretty serious criminal offence.

Will you be telling him how to make home-made explosives later?

Yes you just need Weedkiller and White sugar.

My gf's father carries a gun with him all the time, an old habit from when he was in business he says. He showed it to me the other day, it's a real antique !

By his own admission, it hasn't been fired for more 10 years. Is there any risk to to shoot with a gun that hasn't been used for so long ?

Yes, but only to himself.

What other mechanical device would work effectively after being idle,unmaintained(thats a guess BTW) for 10 years???

I know of a guy in an affordable part of Cambodia, who is into guns in a big way.

His forum name is Weekend Warrior and the mods may help you get in touch with him

:lol:

A farang can get a gun permit and legally own a gun in Thailand but it isn't easy. For the people that keep trying to say no farang can get a gun permit please read the following.

As far as I know it is not easy for Us Farang to do legally, however I have been offered Guns on a number of occasions through various people that I know. Last week I was offered a 9mm , please don't ask me what type, as I am not into guns and I was more interested in drinking a cold beer - but the price was pretty good.

Edited by Tywais
Link to BP deleted

Links to and quotes of the Bangkok Post removed as per forum rules.

I want a gun for home protection. A copal of rounds in the air will scare off an intruder. Shooting an intruder would be of last resort.

This one statement alone tells me that you have NO experience and or training in the proper use of a firearm.

My friend...

Go buy it...if you must.

A wheel gun, not a semi automatic.

But please seek out professional training prior to using it.

a foreigner can own a gun in your wifes name. though it is like most thing in thailand. it is no problem unless the police want to make a problem and beleive me from my experience they can.

u can get 9 month just for possession of your wifes gun. if u are carrying her gun and if u admit and sign that it is yr gun in her name then u r in real problems.

if u do get a pull and your wife is not with you. then do not sign anything with out a lawyer. u will be taken to the police station and u will have to pay bail. then your lawyer will advise you from there. beleive me it will be a hell of a few months.

u can use it on yourtr land. make sure your misses is with u and fire into the ground. do not fire into the air as the bullets come back down.

if u see an intruder then only fire a warning shots. it is bettere for paper work if u do not shot and kill or even hit with the gun becuase u will have to go to the police station and u will have to make a statement and sign it in thai. i recomend that the first person u call if u shoot an intruder would be a lawyer and go down the police station with u and your wife and the lawyer.

rememeber u r a forang and the police will want to bleed this case dry. so u will need very good honest people on your side or your case might never go away and u could be liturally paying for the rest of your life.

if i was you i would fire a few shots into the ground every now and then. just to let the locals that u r no mug and what ever u do. do not show it off. do not bost to toerh thais that u have a gun or u will have trouble.

u have to understand that many thai apply for gun liscence and they get denied so if a forgener goes round showing off that they have a legal gun then the thais will get jelous. 1 because they want what u have. 2 because u r a forgner showing off your power.

in this case u will not have power for very long.

the reason why forgieners cannot have gun liscences is because we can shoot people then go home and not come back.

i agree it is a stupid law but that is the law. not my law. personally i think if someone wants a gun and registers it to the owner. thai or forang then the fire arms will less likely be miss used because it can be traced back. where is if a foranger wants and illegal firearm then he can just shoot and through it away then it is easier to do the same crime and get away with it bu that is how it is.

A thai person told me that thai stick to 3 main rules.

if u have a gun u tell noone that u have 1 or if u do tell someone then u never show it.

u never pick up strangers in your car

and u never get involved or invite people to your crowd that are involved in drugs.

happy trigger happy :jap:

A farang can get a gun permit and legally own a gun in Thailand but it isn't easy. For the people that keep trying to say no farang can get a gun permit please read the following.

As far as I know it is not easy for Us Farang to do legally, however I have been offered Guns on a number of occasions through various people that I know. Last week I was offered a 9mm , please don't ask me what type, as I am not into guns and I was more interested in drinking a cold beer - but the price was pretty good.

i think that the laws very from provence to provence. thai such as lawyers can have multy provence liscences and the laws change in the troubles southern provences such as yala and pattani.

though a lawayer told me that if u have a liscence in your own country then in some cases it is possible to use that liscence to make a permit for a gun over here but being british the bloody govement took away our right to own fire arms so for me it is pointless.

though i would never purchase a legal firearm with the intension of shooting someone. i would rarther live my days outside prison than inside.

anyway cars kill more people out here than guns and anyone can own a car legally lol

If you get permanent residency you are allowed to own a gun as a farang. Full stop.

so is this gun being purchased from your father-in-law by you for your wife or your wife purchasing it for her in your name to shoot your father-in-law

or is the father-in-law putting up the money for you to buy the gun for your wife to use at your father-in-laws gun club?

where does the mother-in-law come into this? blink.gif