Suan Sawarn

enfield951

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still on track for end of this year/beginning of next.

you are joking right???? i visited aprox 3 months ago and they told me it would be a yr and a half and not a lot was done at that point so i would be surprised if complete in 6 months and u got rainy season upon us......sorry if i sound pessimistic but they never finish ahead of shedule and never tell the real schedule anyway or we wouldnt buy :o

He has to be joking. I think it is a problem to buy these type of low cost condo because building material is increase so much all over the world. Metal and concrete prices have gone crazy. How can they make this low cost condo and say it will ready late this year or early next. you should buy something already built to guarantee it is complet. It is not just low cost condo can you think how much increase it is to build ocean 1? I don't think it will happen.

He has to be joking. I think it is a problem to buy these type of low cost condo because building material is increase so much all over the world. Metal and concrete prices have gone crazy. How can they make this low cost condo and say it will ready late this year or early next. you should buy something already built to guarantee it is complet. It is not just low cost condo can you think how much increase it is to build ocean 1? I don't think it will happen.

The incentive has got to be that we paid only 50% up front and the other 50% is payable only on completion ?

whadda you think ?

Anyone bought in Suan Sawarn ? If so what is the latest projected completion date?

It was originally November/December 2008,but things change !

Happy Holidays

I bought a couple there. Think they are good value and an unusual design which makes them interesting. I feel they will offer good rental returns. For sure they will be late in completion but then I've never seen anything complete on time down here. If it is completed with 6 months delays that would be normal. I think over the next few years these low budget, entry level buildings are the best buys and will offer re-sale potential as well. Not everyone can afford 100,000 baht per sq.m++++

What holidays??

The incentive has got to be that we paid only 50% up front and the other 50% is payable only on completion ?

whadda you think ?

If you think risking 50% is good? would you buy a house like that in your own country or put money in escrow account?

whadda you think ?

If you think risking 50% is good? would you buy a house like that in your own country or put money in escrow account?

Personally I don't think it is a big risk.

1)This is a tried and tested Company (the Park,Jomtien Park Villas etc,)

2) Work is already in progress

3)All major projects in Thailand ,and many in the rest of the world , including the UK are sold off plan.

In my case I am only talking Bht. 500,000 so it is not really a big deal,especially as what I will eventually pay Bht. 900,000 for is already being advertised at up to Bht. 1.5 m.

Hopefully fortune favours the brave. !

The Park is well behind schedule, which should act as a barometre to you.

Work is in progress at Suan Sawan, but painfully slow and far from being on target. Half a million baht may not be much money to you, after all it's only 8,000 pounds, but that would be a lot of money to some people who dream of owning their own place in the sun. 'If' it is finished, well done you deserve to make half a million baht, which isn't a "really a big deal" is it?

Yes people do buy property 'off plan' everywhere around the world, my point is that off plan property in the UK and many other countries is regulated and your funds would be held in an escrow account, that the developer cannot access until work is completed satisfactorily.

I myself have bought several properties off plan and fortune does favour the brave, however you have to choose wisely as a fool and his money can soon be parted.

"Likely" - very encouraging after you initially said end of this year/early next. May I ask where you received your initial imformation from?

If they tell u may 09 then add at least 6 months,i looked at them and not a bad buy but i didnt like to put half up front then wait how long till they finish and the cheap price they advertise is buying in a thai name ,farangs had about 200000 baht up extra to pay on a small unit.they do look nice and should rent ok,as to now up for sale for 1.5 mill then that real estate company is putting there unbelievable high commision on so buy at an agent that sellin still at normal price!!!

as to metal/conncrete gone up then your money that they took upfront will be in the bank for a yr and they will have earned interest on that so hopefully that covers materials increase. :o

What bank gives 18% interest? That is what construction materials have risen from April 07 - April 08. If the builder is tied in at the original construction quote from last year, what incentive does he have to do the work if the prices have risen that much. No builder will get out of bed in the morning if he's losing money.

"Likely" - very encouraging after you initially said end of this year/early next. May I ask where you received your initial imformation from?

When i sold a unit there, the initial timescale was quoted by the sales office - last week.

After seeing the comments posted here, I decided to double check as I don't like to give incorrect info.

The boss of the project confirmed the new timescales to me.

As with most things, you can only go by the info you recieve and - to the best of my knowledge - this is it.

is that the new Condos being built in the middle of Jomtien Park villas ?Had a look about two weeks ago and the cheapest one left for foreign ownership was 1.3 m.( only one left at that price )They said their completion date is next may . They look very nice ( a duplex design ,with bedroom over head the sitting room ) and as it is a very sound company i am sure it will be completed .Only thing i did not like is no balcony and the cheap one left is facing another block .

Construction costs have risen sharply again in the month of May. Take a look at this link and you'll see materials have risen 8.5% in one month, 26.5% from May 07-May08. I think there will be many unfinished projects dotted around Pattaya soon.

To quote Clayton Wade in June's Homes & Condos magazine "...things are NOT getting better and if something doesn't happen real soon, we are going to find ourselves with a skyline of half built condo towers" I actually agree with him, for once.

How on earth can building be completed, on time and at last years construction costs? What builder will even bother going to work if materials are rising 8.5% in a month?!

Don't believe me? take a look http://www.indexpr.moc.go.th/price_present...;list_year=2551

• 1 month later...

at suan sawarn swimming pool looks ridiculous...(not built yet just computer model)

swimmingpoollq4.jpg

50%is not really true...reservation is 500000 and you have to pay NOW start construction again 500 000about.end at the end 400000or 500000.depends sell or resell

maybe i make a mistake but i will not buy there.double unit is really charming.

Edited by cybertigrou

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stayed at Jomtien for 3 weeks earlier this month and I didn't see any work at that time. Asked the ladies what's going on and they said that every worker was now working at The Park. I shouldn't worry, it would finish in time. Dec 2009.

Stayed at Jomtien for 3 weeks earlier this month and I didn't see any work at that time. Asked the ladies what's going on and they said that every worker was now working at The Park. I shouldn't worry, it would finish in time. Dec 2009.

isnt that a year late!!!!

when is phase 2 projected to be finished as i have seen ads saying phase 1 sold,now booking for phase 2..........anyone interested????

To all...FYI:

I purchased a single unit at SS in May ('08) for 1.3M. So far I've paid 950,000, with the balance due upon completion. When I purchased there was little more than a hole in the ground and was told that the completion date was May '09 (penalties on the part of the seller only kick in six months after proposed completion date).

Since SS does not have a (active) website, last week I emailed Pik for a status update. She replied on Friday (12 Dec) as follows:

I would like to inform about progress of work in Suan Sawarn Project now late than our plan because during crisis of economy we decide to stop for work around 5 weeks but now we already started to work again. For the completion date I think I can confirm close to that time again around March or April of next year. About the update progress of work please see the picture at the site in the attached file which is taked photo on 18/11/08. Thank you

I then requested her to carify her statement regarding the time and she replied back on Monday:

I will tell you on March that we will finish the building on May or not. Thank you

It does appear as though the project will not be ready by May, but it will be completed! As I mentioned earlier, the seller has effectively a six month grace period. Although not ideal, I am happy that the project is where it is considering six months ago there was only a hole in the ground.

I had no worries until I happened upon this forum two days ago. While I don't adhere to a policy of "ignorance is bliss", fear mongering (rumors) is not exactly what I'm after. I can't help but wonder if some on this forum are purposefully trying to cause problems/market upset.

"I had no worries until I happened upon this forum two days ago. While I don't adhere to a policy of "ignorance is bliss", fear mongering (rumors) is not exactly what I'm after. I can't help but wonder if some on this forum are purposefully trying to cause problems/market upset."

Couldn't agree more. Think the worst offenders are the idiots who say don't buy more than you can afford to lose.... There are no rights for foreigners in Thailand..... Thais hate us..... Nobody ever made money investing in Thailand etc, etc, etc whilst they sit in a 3,000 Baht a month rental condo in Soi Khaotalow dreaming about getting enough money for their next hourly girlfriend....

I spoke a lot to the two ladies at the show rooms 2 weeks ago and I just want to hand over some info. There was no work while I stayed in Pattaya for 3 weeks and what I could see, there haven't been any work for some time at SS. I've been in contact with Tag Group and they confirm to me last week that it would be finished late next year. This is a fact, not a rumour. I'm ok with the answer they give me and can just trust the company about what they've been telling me. I've got some people living in Pattaya and they will check out the progress for me (us).

"I had no worries until I happened upon this forum two days ago. While I don't adhere to a policy of "ignorance is bliss", fear mongering (rumors) is not exactly what I'm after. I can't help but wonder if some on this forum are purposefully trying to cause problems/market upset."

Couldn't agree more. Think the worst offenders are the idiots who say don't buy more than you can afford to lose.... There are no rights for foreigners in Thailand..... Thais hate us..... Nobody ever made money investing in Thailand etc, etc, etc whilst they sit in a 3,000 Baht a month rental condo in Soi Khaotalow dreaming about getting enough money for their next hourly girlfriend....

whilst i dont think i have ever wrote any of the above statements ,i do think there is some truth in them and im not sitting in a 3000 bt rental condo in soi khao talo(not sure there are any condos in that road to be honest.....lots of villages and shop houses). i have condos and houses for rent here so i am an investor and get a small return.

when you buy a condo off plan then you have to be careful as you are putting a deposit on ..well nothing to be honest so if it dont happen you would lose it,and usually they say"don't buy more than you can afford to lose" more when it comes to buying a house in a thai ladies name or a bar which actually is good advice as many HAVE lost there house!!

there are less rights here for foreigners,yes we have rights but its very very difficult to do anything here with out the bribes etc to get someone in authority to uphold any of our rights and to be honest a thai gets a lot better response when shit hits the fan for them.

"thais hate us" is extreme for sure ,i just say they prefer our money to actually having us here with it as it takes a little effort to seperate us from it.

"Nobody ever made money investing in Thailand" of course again is untrue as there are many foreigners here who can make some money but its true its not easy to make money here as there are many difficulties to overcome....you can make a return on investment here but its only small..usually 5 to 10 percent and even then has risks due to thai laws for foreigners etc,a farang who makes very good money here is indeed lucky and usually has a lot of thai people connected to his business/investment. usually its those that plan to open a bar/shop/restaurant that this statement would ring true in 99.9 percent of cases.

so even though the idiots you talk about may be really negative its probably a lot better than saying everything is great and easy and thais love us etc as then new investors will be given a very false impression .....there are a lot of problems that can and do occur here regularly(especially pattaya) as it is a popular place for many scammers to do well.

as to the suan sawarn project and this thread then the problem is people being told different things by the office workers and therefore no one knows what to believe as if the story stayed the same each time then there would be no thread and we all know that if a project is in trouble then its vary rare to get the truth until too late. :o

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I had a look at the Suan Sawarn condos and they look really nice. How much return a month could you expect from the two floor one (2.8m) and how much for the single (1.4m)? I'm just asking for a rough estimate---a ball park figure. Also does the company find tenants for you or do they have to be found by the owner of the condo. Is it good location for an investment? Or could it be difficult to occupy? Just a bit of friendly feedback from anyone..

Cheers.

Hi everyone,

I had a look at the Suan Sawarn condos and they look really nice. How much return a month could you expect from the two floor one (2.8m) and how much for the single (1.4m)? I'm just asking for a rough estimate---a ball park figure. Also does the company find tenants for you or do they have to be found by the owner of the condo. Is it good location for an investment? Or could it be difficult to occupy? Just a bit of friendly feedback from anyone..

Cheers.

Are they not stalled ,and are now empty shells with no workers ?