Looking For House To Rent

rholofcener

We are moving to Chiang Mai in July '05 and we are looking for a furnished house to rent. Our two kids will be going to school at Prem.

My wife and I will be in Chiang Mai Nov 8-15 to check thinks out. We are not that familiar with the area and would appreciate any recommendations on a place to live and a reliable rental agent.

1) 3-4 bedroom furnished single family home

2) Mixed area with families with children

3) High speed Internet availability

4) Not sure of location. We know that Prem is located outside of town. We are not sure if we want to live close to Prem, Chiang Mai or inbetween.

Also, any recommendation on a decent guest house to stay near Prem during our Novemeber visit would be also appreciated.

Thanks!

You would be far better looking to find a place in, or near Chiang Mai and renting a car for your stay. Prem is a good half hour drive out, a day's trip out should suffice to see the school. You will need much more than that to explore possibilities nearer town.

For car rent, www.northwheels.com are always good and hotel accomodation is easily available at this time of the year.

I also am looking to rent in CM also near PREM but so far my attempts to find a decent agent have proved fruitless, most of them dont answer their phone and if they do say they will send details and dont. Customer service really is the pits. I tried Linda as suggested in an other thread and both her phones went unanswered. Another agent answered in thai only and then it transpired the agent has gone on two month holiday and the store is unattended, makes you wonder how people actually rent their properties effectively up in CM. I now have a long list of agents to contact Monday. Anyone who has their property with Unique Property pls contact PM me if yr rental is near PREM, thanks.

Please let me know if you come across a decent rental agency. I am headed to Chiang Mai tomorrow morning from the US arriving there on Monday. Finding a place to live is a top priority. Do you have children that are attending Prem now? If so, I would like to touch base with you to find out more about the school and Chiang Mai from others that are currently living in Chiang Mai. Our two daughters ages 5 & 8 will be enrolling at Prem. We are newbies arriving in town.

I also am looking to rent in CM also near PREM but so far my attempts to find a decent agent have proved fruitless, most of them dont answer their phone and if they do say they will send details and dont.  Customer service really is the pits.  I tried Linda as suggested in an other thread and both her phones went unanswered.  Another agent answered in thai only and then it transpired the agent has gone on two month holiday and the store is unattended, makes you wonder how people actually rent their properties effectively up in CM.  I now have a long list of agents to contact Monday.  Anyone who has their property with Unique Property pls contact PM me if yr rental is near PREM, thanks.

Please let me know if you come across a decent rental agency. I am headed to Chiang Mai tomorrow morning from the US arriving there on Monday. Finding a place to live is a top priority. Do you have children that are attending Prem now? If so, I would like to touch base with you to find out more about the school and Chiang Mai from others that are currently living in Chiang Mai. Our two daughters ages 5 & 8 will be enrolling at Prem. We are newbies arriving in town.
I also am looking to rent in CM also near PREM but so far my attempts to find a decent agent have proved fruitless, most of them dont answer their phone and if they do say they will send details and dont.   Customer service really is the pits.  I tried Linda as suggested in an other thread and both her phones went unanswered.  Another agent answered in thai only and then it transpired the agent has gone on two month holiday and the store is unattended, makes you wonder how people actually rent their properties effectively up in CM.   I now have a long list of agents to contact Monday.  Anyone who has their property with Unique Property pls contact PM me if yr rental is near PREM, thanks.

yes we will be enrolling our two aged 3 and 10 at Prem as soon as i can find a rental company that is half way effective - i am basing my views of PREm on this website as being by far best for my kids and cheaper than what i pay now in Bangkok. Happy to touch base and exchange details pls PM me i hope to be in CM next week assuming property is available for view.