BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
soihok

A Murder

My wifes cousin was murdered on Thursday night, June 26, close to Kham Sakae Saeng, near Nong Thai , Korat.

He was 18 years old.

My wife tells me he was attacked ,along with three of his friends, by a group of about ten young (teenagers) boys.

Apparently there was and argument about motorbikes and the larger group of kids really set about the smaller group.

Three of the smaller group are in comas and the wifes cousin was chopped on the back of the neck and died.

Does anyone know of this event and are willing to give me any info?

With sad thanks.

Chris

The family are devastated

Edited by soihok

My wifes cousin was murdered on Thursday night, June 26, close to Kham Sakae Saeng, near Nong Thai , Korat.

He was 18 years old.

My wife tells me he was attacked ,along with three of his friends, by a group of about ten young (teenagers) boys.

Apparently there was and argument about motorbikes and the larger group of kids really set about the smaller group.

Three of the smaller group are in comas and the wifes cousin was chopped on the back of the neck and died.

Does anyone know of this event and are willing to give me any info?

With sad thanks.

Chris

The family are devastated

I have no info about this tragic event, but my condolences to you and your family! :o

He was an only son and great expectations were placed upon his shoulders.

I am not looking towards any kind of blame.

Only facts

This kind of act brings home the reality of how dangerous Thailand can be.

Saying that.........mass school shootings dont happen .....

Sign of the times

I'm sorry but this kind of thing is a regular happening in London now. There have been 15 teenagers murdered in London this year so far. And probably a lot more that we do not hear about. Anyway, condolences, to the families of all those concerned.

I'm sorry but this kind of thing is a regular happening in London now. There have been 15 teenagers murdered in London this year so far. And probably a lot more that we do not hear about. Anyway, condolences, to the families of all those concerned.

Yes you are quite right.

Soihok, I'm sorry for your families loss. It is unfortunate but I'm aware of many situations like this that have ended in the murder of young men and expats too. I have watched the level of violence increase every year since I have lived here. While that may be because I was not familiar with local culture and what was going on behind closed doors when I first arrived versus today when I have seen to much. There is no debate here or words that can help, sorry for your loss, thats about all I can say.

I've sent your message through friends living in this area. We live in Korat. Maybe, just MAYBE, they will reply and have more information.

Sorry about your lost and I offer my condoleances to you and your family. Sincerely.

Seb.

I've sent your message through friends living in this area. We live in Korat. Maybe, just MAYBE, they will reply and have more information.

Sorry about your lost and I offer my condoleances to you and your family. Sincerely.

Seb.

Sorry My last post was a mistake.

This is not a nice read A young Man in the prime of life

Please express condolances to all concerned From My Wife and Myself

I am sure if anyone on here can help thay will.

Very sad to read this.

Ken.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.It is a sad problem that we all face now throughout the world.Thailand is not the only country that is seeing an increase in crime.It is a sad state of reality.Why it is happening is anyones guess.All we can do is be as aware as possible of what is going on around us.And if you have the chance......KILL THE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you have the chance......KILL THE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon. You don't have all the facts. Yes, it's terrible and sad, but really, more killing is not the solution. Adolescent males do stupid things, particularly when they are hanging about in a pack. As the OP asks, it would be best to get the information first.

“I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is a sad problem that we all face now throughout the world. Thailand is not the only country that is seeing an increase in crime. It is a sad state of reality. Why it is happening is anyone’s guess.” Is it really happening? I don’t know about Thailand, but most western countries are seeing a decrease in crime, it is just that the perception is that crime is increasing. I think this is because of all the new media outlets that have evolved in the past twenty or so years, CNN, FOX News, BBC World, etc. They all have to have content to report on and crime makes great content. Many cities also have more newspapers today than before; we must not forget the internet, without the internet we would not know about this terrible murder, my condolences are with you. A few years ago my wife had a first cousin who was murdered in Bangkok. We were in Canada at the time and my wife read about it on the online version of Thai Rath. She phoned her aunt (his mother) to express our condolences and she hadn’t even heard about it. An example of how the internet spread the news of the murder all over the world even before the poor guy’s own mother knew about it. Perhaps there was a lot more crime twenty or thirty years ago (the western statistics suggest this) and we just didn’t hear about it. Issangeorge

I´m truly sorry for your loss. My condolences to your family. This sort of thing is getting more and more common everywhere. Sometimes it seems that we´re on the verge of a complete disintegration of the civilised society with the US and Europe as forerunners in this tragic development.

I´m truly sorry for your loss. My condolences to your family. This sort of thing is getting more and more common everywhere. Sometimes it seems that we´re on the verge of a complete disintegration of the civilised society with the US and Europe as forerunners in this tragic development.

A bit of an over-reaction don't you think ?