Petchabun

macb

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes, you are correct, its southwest of course. Kaosai is 15 min drive from us, they have some nice restaurants there, have u checked them out?

We do a lot of shoppping at the big street market at Khao Sai (intersection of Rt11 and Rt113 ?). Always a good inexpensive selection of produce, meat and fish.

We do a lot of shoppping at the big street market at Khao Sai (intersection of Rt11 and Rt113 ?). Always a good inexpensive selection of produce, meat and fish.

Spee, after living in Petchabuhn for 3 weeks I may have to follow suit and top up in Khao Sai next time down as I find the fresh produce in the covered market and T/Lotus bloody average and have yet to find a decent mango but I guess seasons are different here to Chiang Mai which was full of mangoes when we left. Same can be said for papaya, selection here in Petchabuhn is appallling and I always presumed this one to be available year round.

Cheers

maybe u have hit the wrong markets. in my wifes family, there are farmers making mango, about 45min drive from us. it tastes awesome. i know they export a lot to japan, but i am sure some get sold locally too. let me check it out.

y, my wife enjoys the kaosai market also. maybe we can all get together for a beer sometime this week or next. there is a great restaurant just to the left (if you come from chondaen), about 200 meters. when my wife is around, i will ask her about the name of the place.

Edited by chrgrims

chrgrims, every chance I will eventually find some decent fruit as I am new here but I have been to what I thought was the main fresh market in town several times and the really not impressed. Also have hit the open air Sunday market 2 weeks running and no luck there either so maybe I just need to look further. I'm all for a couple of beers and a feed in Khao Sai but prefer next week to this as I have a visa run scheduled. Pick a day mate.

Spee, after living in Petchabuhn for 3 weeks I may have to follow suit and top up in Khao Sai next time down as I find the fresh produce in the covered market and T/Lotus bloody average and have yet to find a decent mango but I guess seasons are different here to Chiang Mai which was full of mangoes when we left. Same can be said for papaya, selection here in Petchabuhn is appallling and I always presumed this one to be available year round.

Cheers

We send my partner's daughter to school on the east side of Chon Daen, the one with the dinosaurs out front.

As far as the mangoes go, my girl says hers won't be ready locally for a bit. She has about 20 rai of mango trees on her family farm along with about 80 rai of rice. Send me a PM if you or some others are interested in buying bulk quantities, and we can put the females together to sort it out.

I'm not in country, but will be sure to give you gents a heads-up when I am.

Cheers

The name of the restaurant is Tete. It is about 500meters before Steak Hut Kao Sai, on the same side of the road. Its not a posh place, but the food is excellent, and they have nice AC and comfy couches.

How about wedensday 29th of july, we can make it around 5-6PM? I have a farang friend here from holland, i will ask if he wants to come too.

Edited by chrgrims

The name of the restaurant is Tete. It is about 500meters before Steak Hut Kao Sai, on the same side of the road. Its not a posh place, but the food is excellent, and they have nice AC and comfy couches.

How about wedensday 29th of july, we can make it around 5-6PM? I have a farang friend here from holland, i will ask if he wants to come too.

This is on hwy 11 yes? I don't know the steak hut so need another reference. Coming into Khao Sai from Chon Daen / Petchabuhn the market is at the junction with hwy 11 on the right hand side. Where is the restaurant? Before you hit hwy 11? Date is OK as is time but no later please.

Cheers

yes, its on 11. when u come from 113 from chondaen, make a left onto 11. The steak hut is a big place with a restaurant and many huts for rent. this place is about 700-1000 m from the intersection. tete is on the same side of the road, but closer to the intersection, maybe 500 meters. so, the market is on the opposite side of the intersection. hope this helps.

if u want we can drive after one another from chondaen, we can meet at 7/11 or something. the earliest i can leave is 430, so let me know. :).

• 3 weeks later...