Thailand Post's "track And Trace"

expat123

I sent 2 international packages using Track and Trace which allows senders to view the progress of their package online. This was 2 days ago and whenever I enter my shipping #, I get item not found for both packages. Anyone with any good or bad luck?

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinter...lt.aspx?lang=en

With regards to outgoing mail from thai post,i have found it to be excellent,& you usually dont get hit with over the top duty like you do with the couriers.If you are definitely entering the right tracking number in their website then i recommend e-mailing them as they should reply by the next day.

Ive found most of the problems with my post has been with the Royal Mail end (which you can also track).

Guest Reimar

Normally that works very well. I was get only one time problem with tracing as a sender was using an 3. party service which than was using the Thai Post but was giveing the wrong tracing number.

Cheers

I believe that the tracking number is only good whilst the package is inside Thailand, once it leaves the country it is no longer traceable.... I was told this buy a post office clerk.

This despite the fact that the service is apparently worldwide.

• Thanks 1

I use Thailand's EMS to send items regularly between Thailand and New Zealand and have found the service to be flawless, both in terms of delivery speed (3-4 days), and online tracking to the final destination. I can't speak for sending to other countries though.

I use Thailand's EMS to send items regularly between Thailand and New Zealand and have found the service to be flawless, both in terms of delivery speed (3-4 days), and online tracking to the final destination. I can't speak for sending to other countries though.

excellent service to the UK you can track door to door

Well, so far I have sent Thai registered mail about 5 times to the US and tried the tracking both on the Thai site and the US site. Pretty much every letter had a different story. Some tracked all the way, each step. Some tracked as never leaving Thailand, but then one of those tracked as being received by the recipient. They all got there (I had to contact the recipients to confirm). I am more or less satisfied with the reliability of the mail service, but don't trust the tracking.

These were all Thai registered mail letters, not EMS.

Edited by Jingthing

I believe that the tracking number is only good whilst the package is inside Thailand, once it leaves the country it is no longer traceable.... I was told this buy a post office clerk.

This has been my experience too. I have only used the Thai Post to send parcels to the US West Coast on two different occasions though. Both times the items were sent from the Central Post Office on Thanon Charoen Krung in Bangkok and both times the items were sent regular mail (not express or certified). Both times the tracking service worked only while in Thailand then stopped. The parcels did arrive on time however (about 2 weeks if I remember right).

Does anyone know if its possible to track packages sent to the UK via Thailand Registered mail?

I know packages to the US show on usps.com , Canada on canadapost, ect, but what about the UK?

Yes, you can track it inland UK on the Royal Mail website but on the Thailand Post it will only show when it's delivered.

Does anyone know if its possible to track packages sent to the UK via Thailand Registered mail?

I know packages to the US show on usps.com , Canada on canadapost, ect, but what about the UK?

Yes, you can track it inland UK on the Royal Mail website but on the Thailand Post it will only show when it's delivered.

Hi PattayaParent,

Ive just tried to track a package which I sent to the UK and I know it has definitely been received,

When I enter the tracking number on Royalmail.com , I get the following message:

"Sorry, there has been a problem with the reference number you've entered. Please try again. "

It was definitely delivered last week.. If you know of any way to see if packages have been received, Id really appreciate it! :o

Thank you for your help :D

Edited by Meg_ken2003

Avoid sending to the UK, we lost a lot to UK.....

Hi PattayaParent,

Ive just tried to track a package which I sent to the UK and I know it has definitely been received,

When I enter the tracking number on Royalmail.com , I get the following message:

"Sorry, there has been a problem with the reference number you've entered. Please try again. "

It was definitely delivered last week.. If you know of any way to see if packages have been received, Id really appreciate it! :o

Thank you for your help :D

I just enter the tracking number and click the box that says Incoming International Parcel, but it's on http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/track?catId=7500082 because the Royal Mail don't deliver mail anymore, they've outsourced it.

Doesn't it show on the ThailandPost website as delivered?

I just enter the tracking number and click the box that says Incoming International Parcel, but it's on http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/track?catId=7500082 because the Royal Mail don't deliver mail anymore, they've outsourced it.

Doesn't it show on the ThailandPost website as delivered?

Thank you so much for your help, but its not working for me, I just get the message:

We are currently unable to confirm that status of your parcel. Please check the number and try again. Please note that items sent over 4 months ago cannot be tracked online. If you are tracking a parcel sent from outside of the UK, we may not have received it yet. Please try again or use the help button below.

Unfortunately, Thailandpost.com only shows when its delivered for EMS packages only.. Registered "RD" mail seems hopeless to the UK :o

Slightly off topic but perhaps worthy to note that the EMS service is not available to any of the Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey etc.) or the Isle of Man. In fact when the post office clerk at my local Post Office here in Thailand showed me the list of destinations that weren't covered by the EMS service, it appeared to include most, if not all, the 'tax haven' destinations around the world. I ended up sending some important documents to the I.O.M via standard air mail (with my fingers crossed!). Could have used FedEX I suppose.

I sent 2 international packages using Track and Trace which allows senders to view the progress of their package online. This was 2 days ago and whenever I enter my shipping #, I get item not found for both packages. Anyone with any good or bad luck?

Unusual. However distant memory tells me there is something about how you enter the number...if there is an alphabetical letter invovled then try leaving it off....

This has been my experience too. I have only used the Thai Post to send parcels to the US West Coast on two different occasions though. Both times the items were sent from the Central Post Office on Thanon Charoen Krung in Bangkok and both times the items were sent regular mail (not express or certified). Both times the tracking service worked only while in Thailand then stopped. The parcels did arrive on time however (about 2 weeks if I remember right).

Nope. For Thailand registered tracked mail going to the US, it tracks in Thailand on the Thailand Post site, and then tracks in the US on the usps.com site. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but when it works, it tracks on both sites.

Meg_Ken, I've tracked registered mail in UK using Thailand Post BUT you must have the computer generated receipt and tracking number, not one manually filled in becasuse these do not get entered into the system.

Prodriver, you can send by EMS to Channel Islands, ThailandPost will get it to London within 3 days but once there it gets held up.

Meg_Ken, I've tracked registered mail in UK using Thailand Post BUT you must have the computer generated receipt and tracking number, not one manually filled in becasuse these do not get entered into the system.

Yes, I have the reciept which is printed there with the tracking numbers as I am mailing them, not the fill in forms.. I guess Im just unlucky.. Its never worked for me in 7 years and I mail things to family in the UK quite often :o

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Im expecting an ebay item (from thailand to belgium) i bought from ebay. I got a tracking code from the seller and I used thailand postal tracking. The question is: is it normal for the tracker to state "delivery succesful" already on the first day of shipping? :o

thats true, however if you go into the recieving countries system you should find it there, for the uk its parcelforce ./for the us usps,.

• 10 months later...

When the package arrives in the UK, for instance, you can still track it. But the tracking number changes to a Royal Mail number, which you can get online, if you know how to find it. I got the kind lady at my local post office to get it for me.

My wife did send some parcel to me when I was still in Belgium, the tracking system was perfect, I could follow every step, but the envelope was hold up 2 weeks at the Belgium customs; also so this was notified the Thai EMS tracking system, BUT NOT IN THE BELGIUM EMS TRACKING SYSTEM,

So I must conclude that the Thai post is much better than the Belgium post service;

I also get all my letters even when they have to most strange and incorrect address on the envelop; again head off for the Thai Post service;

PS I live in Pakkret(Nonthaburi)

Unusual. However distant memory tells me there is something about how you enter the number...if there is an alphabetical letter invovled then try leaving it off....

Tried that today roamer, it asks for a thirteen digit number

eg initials times 2, numerical number times 9, and initials times 2 = 13 digits.

Thanks for the suggestion all the same.

marshbags :)

P.S.

Could there be a specific ( standard ) time delay involved before it is actually posted on the system ?

I have just confirmed that a registered international letter has arrived safely in the U.K.

I sent it via airmail / registered as I usually do. ( all mail sent via this way needs a signature at the other end )

It took approx. eight days to get there from Udonthani.

Cost was 115 baht - airmail. and 55 baht for a large A5 letter weighing 0.15Kg,s total 170 baht

Very good and not expensive by any means.

Well done Thai Post for providing this facility.

Perhaps I,m lucky but all such letters sent via this method, have always arrived safely.

Out of curiousity I tried to locate it via the above mentioned Thai and Uk locators but it doesn,t register on either.

marshbags :)

• 3 months later...

Avoid sending to the UK, we lost a lot to UK.....

Sorry disagree. I have sent loads of stuff to the UK and no problem.