Confused by multiple entry vs. reentry

I've got a bit of confusion still regarding multiple entry vs. reentry permit for my situation.

I am planning on travelling in S.E. Asia in 4 months time. My plan was to arrive BKK, get visas for Laos and Vietnam in BKK (budget 1 week for this process) then head north to Chaing Mai, do trek (10 days), go to Taicheck (sp?) in Mynamar for day, over to Laos for 2 weeks (Huay Xai (sp?)), Vietnam 3 weeks, Cambodia 3 weeks (get visa in HCMC), and then return to Thailand (Poipet) for 3 weeks, exiting in Malaysia (Hat Yai).

So I am confused whether for said trip I would require a multiple entry visa OR would I really require a 30 day visa upon arrival (I'm UK citizen) with reentry permit and THEN when I return to Thailand (my original 30 day visa would have expired whilst in Laos, which would be 7 weeks before my return to Thailand at Poipet) get a NEW tourist visa (if such thing is possible)

So could anyone clear this up for me, cause it's doing my head in! :o

Cheers!

John

If you gonna enter Thailand two times: A double entry tourist visa are valid for 60 days each entry.

Or a triple entry visa would do the trick, if you plan to enter 3 times. No re-entry permit is necessary.

You could also skip the whole visa issue, and save the fees, and obtain 30 days on arrival at every entry. No problems!

John..phut cha cha..when you leave Thailand your 30 day visa is Kaput.When you return from wherever you are u get a new 30 day on arrival...thats it..again and again and it free -no dosh.Cambodia on entry (airport PP)will cost you $20 plus $2 for a photo and same to leave.(but no$2)Last time i worked in Vietnam the company got my Visas so ??? Laos /Burma mai coe jai cos I didnt have a visa (UN)..enjoy