How To Start Conversation With A Stranger !(girl)

sas_cars

I was just longing to know how to start conversation with someone(girl) who we just saw in a market or shopping centre or walking in the street bla bla bla.What's the best way to start having a conversation with her? :D and how to continue it until we get her contact number?j :D - and she doesn't refuse :o

I wanna know what will be the ideal sentences by sequence which can start a friendly conversation with a stranger we just saw and she doesn't feel strange either ! I mean universally,not just thailand

In my case,I m a very shy guy,sometimes i see very nice girls which i really wanna come to know and wanna talk or possibly being in a relationship,but i just dont know how to start.And she just passes away :D How to do so that she doesn't mind and we can start talking.One more thing,I am really afraid of losing face too.I just don't wanna start talking to someone and being ignored,I think if it's not,you won't either. :D

Are you actually in Thailand? I think you will find there's much more opportunity for striking up conversations in Thailand compared to when you are back home and already know and experienced everything.

Just ask something or comment on something. It's not rocket science. And it would be terribly rude to ignore you, that just doesn't happen. To make sure she'd comfortable about the whole thing too, pick especially girls who are with another girl or who are in a small group. Less pressure for all, which makes small talk easier. Also if you don't speak Thai then you will have to start learning the signs of girls who are more likely than others to be speaking a fair bit of English. There are signs. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

Confidence is the key... not too much though...

Be confident in your manner and speech and you will manage to attract her attention.

Losing face...are you Thai...? If not forget about it, just try your luck, that's the game my friend :o

Chok Dee

Totster :D

I was just longing to know how to start conversation with someone(girl) who we just saw in a market or shopping centre or walking in the street bla bla bla.What's the best way to start having a conversation with her? :wub: and how to continue it until we get her contact number?j :D - and she doesn't refuse  :o

I wanna know what will be the ideal sentences by sequence which can start a friendly conversation with a stranger we just saw and she doesn't feel strange either ! I mean universally,not just thailand

In my case,I m a very shy guy,sometimes i see very nice girls which i really wanna come to know and wanna talk or possibly being in a relationship,but i just dont know how to start.And she just passes away  :D How to do so that she doesn't mind and we can start talking.One more thing,I am really afraid of losing face too.I just don't wanna start talking to someone and being ignored,I think if it's not,you won't either. :D

You gotta start slowly and let the women do the talking. May I suggest you take stroll through soi4 or cowboy :D

I was just longing to know how to start conversation with someone(girl)  ...

I just don't wanna start talking to someone and being ignored,

If you are the shy typr, you may want to attract her attention without adressing her directly to start with. Create situations which will give the opportunity to exchange a smile and some niceties without embarrassment or obligation.

1. Follow her around at a 3ft distance, examine her features and pretend to look at the ceiling when she notices. Repat 3-5x, and you will realise from her reaction if she is ready to make contact.

2. Create a little 'accident' for her to notice you. Pretend to trip and sprawl out on the floor in front of her, or drop a tetrapack of milk or juice next to her, and procede to wipe the spilled fluid off her shoes. This should open a wide choice of responses.

3. Pretend you need help to make the right choice for your purchases. Learn some Thai phrases first. when she shows interest in an item to shop, pick it up first, this will insure eyecontact, then proceed to ask for advice from her: 'Is this orange ripe, or should I buy a different one?' 'I am not sure this dress is the right size for my mom, what do you think?' Possibilities are almost endless, and this tactic may need to be repeated before the ice melts, so to say. It also works the other way around, whenever she picks something up, suggest a better alternative for her.

4. If the above approaches, individually or in combination, won't produce the desired result, it is time to gather all your courage for a more direct approach. After all, you will have developed some basic familiaity with each other by now, so discreetly join her in the queue to the cashier and make polite smalltalk. Use any of the examples from your basic-Thai phrasebook: Hello, how are you? What is your name? Is there a bank or postoffice nearby? Can you eat spicy food?

Should you still not have obtained her tel. by then, show her what a gentleman you are, insist to carry her shopping for her, offer to buy her lunch or a coffee, since she will be stressed and restless from the shopping, and offer to drive her home safely to spare her the trouble and expense of a taxi. Should all fail, a sneaky way to obtain her tel. would be to insist she will call you handy to handy right there and then (her number will be stored in your handy), a small favour she could hardly refuse after all you have done for her by then.

I was just longing to know how to start conversation with someone(girl)  ...

I just don't wanna start talking to someone and being ignored,

If you are the shy typr, you may want to attract her attention without adressing her directly to start with. Create situations which will give the opportunity to exchange a smile and some niceties without embarrassment or obligation.

1. Follow her around at a 3ft distance, examine her features and pretend to look at the ceiling when she notices. Repat 3-5x, and you will realise from her reaction if she is ready to make contact.

2. Create a little 'accident' for her to notice you. Pretend to trip and sprawl out on the floor in front of her, or drop a tetrapack of milk or juice next to her, and procede to wipe the spilled fluid off her shoes. This should open a wide choice of responses.

3. Pretend you need help to make the right choice for your purchases. Learn some Thai phrases first. when she shows interest in an item to shop, pick it up first, this will insure eyecontact, then proceed to ask for advice from her: 'Is this orange ripe, or should I buy a different one?' 'I am not sure this dress is the right size for my mom, what do you think?' Possibilities are almost endless, and this tactic may need to be repeated before the ice melts, so to say. It also works the other way around, whenever she picks something up, suggest a better alternative for her.

4. If the above approaches, individually or in combination, won't produce the desired result, it is time to gather all your courage for a more direct approach. After all, you will have developed some basic familiaity with each other by now, so discreetly join her in the queue to the cashier and make polite smalltalk. Use any of the examples from your basic-Thai phrasebook: Hello, how are you? What is your name? Is there a bank or postoffice nearby? Can you eat spicy food?

Should you still not have obtained her tel. by then, show her what a gentleman you are, insist to carry her shopping for her, offer to buy her lunch or a coffee, since she will be stressed and restless from the shopping, and offer to drive her home safely to spare her the trouble and expense of a taxi. Should all fail, a sneaky way to obtain her tel. would be to insist she will call you handy to handy right there and then (her number will be stored in your handy), a small favour she could hardly refuse after all you have done for her by then.

A wealth of information it is.I m sure u must be a great approacher :o

It also works the other way around, whenever she picks something up, suggest a better alternative for her.

Specially in the grocery section when she picks up bananas :o

Usually a nice one will have a fat/ugly mate. So if you're in the club, go up to the fat/ugly one and say "Would you like to dance?"

When she says "yes", you say "Well <deleted> off and dance then will ya, while I talk to your mate"

Works in Blighty.....

Usually a nice one will have a fat/ugly mate. So if you're in the club, go up to the fat/ugly one and say "Would you like to dance?"

When she says "yes", you say "Well <deleted> off and dance then will ya, while I talk to your mate"

Works in Blighty.....

seems u r good at breaking hearts of fat/ugly fellas lol :o

about banana thing,what should i suggest to which is a good alternative