Kochang Banana Point

eggomaniac

In 2004, we were staying at mayalean? 2 resorts north of the Banana Point, the one up on the cliffs. Some Europeans staying there had just bought Banana Point. I saw the plans for big resort with a swimming pool.

Did that ever get built?

Oh, does Une still manage Mayalean?

post-63625-1215238943_thumb.jpg

Maylamean Bungalows are still there, just south of White Sand Beach Resort. No idea about Banana Point though. Looks like the name has changed. Star Beach? Rock Sand ?, they are on the cliffs. These were rented by farangs before - but not owned. Or was it near Independent Bungalows:

WhiteSands-26Oct05.jpg

The only large resort with a pool is KC Grande, to the south, where they are building a huge new resort on the site of old huts.

Changian,

Thanks, you may have answered my question. ***

(As far as I was told, the geographic prominence that juts into the water between Maylamean and Independent is called Banana Point.)

The resort on the point is where travellers walk right through their beach side cafe at high tide. From viewing Google Earth, it looks like it called Rock Sand now, and looks much newer. The small 'funky' resort just south of Banana point looks all modern also, or an annex of Rock sand?

Anyway the owner of Maylamean's and her sister owned the resort on Banana Point and some Dutch, were buying it in 2004. I told my Thai wife, who was befriended by the family's of both resorts, to warn the sister. A German expat, who was staying there, told me not to worry about any Thai in a business deal, and that it was the Dutch who needed warning. lol

He said they will pump their money into modernising it, then things like the water getting cut off will occur, and the Thais will take it back all nice and new.

It was about then I began to learn about sayings like, 'if you want make a million in Thailand, bring 10 million.'

At any rate, this is the transaction I am wondering how it turned out. In 2004, I know for a fact the Dutch guys had deposited 100's of thousand Bhat as a down payment.

It sounds like the pool never materialised, though the new buildings look pretty good.

Are these the Europeans who had 'rented for awhile'?

-----------------------

PIcture of Banana Point - low tide - Sohngran day 2004 - running for my lifepost-63625-1215755747_thumb.jpg