Korat Vfw

Rdrokit

The Korat Chapter of the United States of America Veterans of Foreign Wars(VFW) has reorganized and is holding meetings the 2nd Tuesday of every month, 10am at PB Restaurant on Soi 13 (also called Mookamontree street, spelling???). Please do not confuse us with a drinking club, we are a group which provides community service to veterans, wifes, widows and our neighboring communities. We just held a 4th of July picnic and invited 30 children and 4 teachers from a neighboring school to attend the event. There were games, prizes, food for the children and donations of athletic equipment made to the school.

If you are a US war veteran and want to help out those in need please attend our next meeting on July 8th to learn more about our Chapter.

Thank you,

Byron/Rdrokit

Byron why not post a link to the Korat VFW web Site? it could help.

Skip

Excellent idea Skip. Here it is http://vfwdeptpacific.org/10217 We are still in the process of building it so it is still a little on the rough side. Hope to see some of you at our meetings.

I've been trying to find the VFW for awhile now. I was going by the old info I had and went searching for the meeting place on Saturdays. I guessed I should have tried harder. I'm sorry I missed the 4th of July festivities with the children. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Now looks like I just missed the Tuesday meeting too. Maybe I should check the Isaan forum more often :o

Anyhow, I will definitely be there next month so save a seat for me ( the Thai guy with a Polish name).

Ski....

Byron why not post a link to the Korat VFW web Site? it could help.

Skip

Excellent idea Skip. Here it is http://vfwdeptpacific.org/10217 We are still in the process of building it so it is still a little on the rough side. Hope to see some of you at our meetings.

I've been trying to find the VFW for awhile now. I was going by the old info I had and went searching for the meeting place on Saturdays. I guessed I should have tried harder. I'm sorry I missed the 4th of July festivities with the children. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Now looks like I just missed the Tuesday meeting too. Maybe I should check the Isaan forum more often :o

Anyhow, I will definitely be there next month so save a seat for me ( the Thai guy with a Polish name).

Ski....

Yeah, I'd come too, if only for the Singha & eats, but I'm not eligible for membership.  Give "Harry B" a hello for me.

Mac

Camp Friendship, Feb '64-'Feb '65 (see, departed too early for VFW!)

AmLeg China Post 1, member since 1974!

Here is the located of PB Restaurant, 1759 Soi 13, Mookamontri Rd., Korat. Next meeting Tuesday Aug 12th, 10am. The restaurant opens at 9am so come early and have breakfast.

• 1 month later...

We had a great August meeting of the Korat VFW. We had 3 new members join our ranks. Welcome Ski (Ski_Goong), Barry (Barry of Thailand) and Jerry to Korat Post 10217. Our next meeting will be Tuesday September 9th, 10am at PB restaurant. Hope to see you there if you are a US veteran in the area. Here is an update website address.

http://www.freewebs.com/vfw10217/

• 11 years later...
1 hour ago, PaceArrow said:

Since last comments of 2008, this site in dire need of updating by the Administrator!!!

If no longer used or needed then recommend closing it off or promoting the site to current members to utilize!!!! Suggestions are welcomed!!!

This is their current website address. http://www.vfw10217.org/

Leaving this topic open in case somebody finds it again.