A Sign Of Isaan

farangconnection

One of our customers, who I have known for a couple of years( and he has given me permission to write this)recently boroke up with his long standing girl friend. OK......no problems there, if you are going to lose a girl, then Thailand is the place to do it. Recently he met up with another girl, from Surin, who worked in a well known massage parlour, that offered a lucrative side-trade. Now, one thing about this guy, he wasn't the proverbial walking walllet, that a great deal of Farangs are known to be, in fact he was quite carefull with what dough he had. Now, after striking a deal with the lovely, that gave her enough money, and a little bit of security, they moved in together. After a few weeks, where, she was,shall we say, losing a bit of money, she had a talk with her mother. The result of this family discussion, is that the girl dumped the security of a house with built in Farang, and returned to her former job, who accepted her back with open arms (or should we say legs)

Now, where else would you get a girl, to discuss her future with her family, and return to the Worlds oldest proffession, rather than settle down?

Funny old World isn't it?

I once heard a story, that goes something like this: An English fellow, actually a writer who I believe turned his experience into a novel, met a bar girl in Pattaya, or some such place. He fell in love with her and he took her away from Pattaya, back to Issan and put up some money for her to buy some land and start a lucrative famring business, or something like, but you get the picture. The guy actually went back to England to continue his normal life there, and in one of his return trips to Thailand later on to visit his love, he discovered that she had either let the farm go to ruin or sold it, and she had returned to her former job as a bar girl. When he asked her why she had turned her back on the opportunity to have a good life and instead to return to her former line of work, she replied "It's my fate."

Wierd world we live in here, but I hope he realises he is better off without her. Life is full of suprises and they dont stop as one ages. Thats what makes living here so interesting. :D

Move on, Learn and find better, Mate (or find better mate.) depending on what you want. Im sure BFG can point him in the right direction :o

Auntie Dave

What some people don't realize, especially the NGOs is that some girls like the life of prostitution, maybe the money is better, maybe they like sex with different partners, and in the case of bar girls maybe they like the party life every night, or maybe all of the above. Of course most girls would probably prefer to settle down with a good provider, but there are some that don't. Issangeorge

Many of the girls working the bars/massage parlours are supporting the family with regular payments. When they set up with the farang it seems a good idea because "all farangs are loaded". However, when it emerges that farang doesn't have the money or is unwilling to give the same support to her family, and life with him becomes boring, her previous life becomes more attractive.

One of our customers, who I have known for a couple of years( and he has given me permission to write this)recently boroke up with his long standing girl friend. OK......no problems there, if you are going to lose a girl, then Thailand is the place to do it. Recently he met up with another girl, from Surin, who worked in a well known massage parlour, that offered a lucrative side-trade. Now, one thing about this guy, he wasn't the proverbial walking walllet, that a great deal of Farangs are known to be, in fact he was quite carefull with what dough he had. Now, after striking a deal with the lovely, that gave her enough money, and a little bit of security, they moved in together. After a few weeks, where, she was,shall we say, losing a bit of money, she had a talk with her mother. The result of this family discussion, is that the girl dumped the security of a house with built in Farang, and returned to her former job, who accepted her back with open arms (or should we say legs)

Now, where else would you get a girl, to discuss her future with her family, and return to the Worlds oldest proffession, rather than settle down?

Funny old World isn't it?

The story took another twist yesterday,with a delicious taste of irony about it. This one I can relate to, as the same thing happened to me years ago in Patters. With my first real Thai G/F actually.

The guy in question just happened to talk to a couple of girls walking along the street, and one of them showed her immediate interest in him. Now, this guy is no oil painting,( sorry mate) but then again which of us is? However the girl was pretty enough to interest him. Well, things led to things,

obviously, because last night he came in with a grin like three preverbial Cheshire cats, with this story. Apparently his new girl worked away from home, collecting and making bead chains, some of the time, and, so he would be true to her, and not get another G/F, he offered him the use of her " Sister" ( meaning best friend) when she was away on trips. Now, as I said, this has happened to me in Pattaya about 13 years ago, but he was gob-smacked.

How come Thai soap operas are so bloody boring, when there is enough material floating around to make good re-runs of Dynasty, Dallas and Knots Landing. We could even spice up good old Coranation Street.

I hope your 'friend' has learnt from his experiences. Maybe, just maybe he is looking in the wrong locations assuming he is after a partner and not just another sh@g. :D

I recommend school teachers (preferably ones that teach Engrish). Although I am happily married & not on the prowl, I have met some loverly ladies when visiting schools locally on business. :o

Please mention it to your friend, Martin

:D

Auntie Dave

I hope your 'friend' has learnt from his experiences. Maybe, just maybe he is looking in the wrong locations assuming he is after a partner and not just another sh@g. :D

I recommend school teachers (preferably ones that teach Engrish). Although I am happily married & not on the prowl, I have met some loverly ladies when visiting schools locally on business. :o

Auntie Dave

From wot I 'eard school teachers are all skint :D

From wot I 'eard school teachers are all skint :o

Exactly, thats why they all want rich Hamsum Men like your friend!

Dear Deirdre(alias Dave)

Dear Deirdre

Hope you can help?

A female friend has confided to the boss lady that she has a dilemma, every time she kisses her farang boyfriend goodnight she says she feels something hard in his pocket, and wonders if he is a cosh boy?

Can you advise?

TBWG :D

Edited by TBWG

Auntie Dave

School teachers is good advice, however I would prefer one that teaches physical, but speaks english :D

BTW.......I know a guy in another Isaan city who's girlfriend moved to Bkk to study.

Though before she left, she introduced him to one of her friends, who is now his new gf :D

Apparently his new girl worked away from home, collecting and making bead chains, some of the time, and, so he would be true to her, and not get another G/F, he offered him the use of her " Sister" ( meaning best friend) when she was away on trips. Now, as I said, this has happened to me in Pattaya about 13 years ago, but he was gob-smacked.

Do these type of Thai girls actually exist? :o I thought they were some kind of urban legend. In all these years of coming & going to Thailand, never come across one. In fact all the girls I had were the jealous, monogamous types.

In regards of the BG he had before, there is an old saying: "you can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl". naff said

Apparently his new girl worked away from home, collecting and making bead chains, some of the time, and, so he would be true to her, and not get another G/F, he offered him the use of her " Sister" ( meaning best friend) when she was away on trips. Now, as I said, this has happened to me in Pattaya about 13 years ago, but he was gob-smacked.

Do these type of Thai girls actually exist? :o I thought they were some kind of urban legend. In all these years of coming & going to Thailand, never come across one. In fact all the girls I had were the jealous, monogamous types.

In regards of the BG he had before, there is an old saying: "you can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl". naff said

OH yes.....these things happen. And thinking back it has happened to me twice now, not just once. :D It would seem to point at the fact that these girls do not like to lend money to worse off friends, but if they lend them their boy/man friend, then they can earn the dough for themselves. Oh, don't get me wrong. The "friends" do not provide the service free of charge. I still think I'm the only one that gives things away free round here :D

From wot I 'eard school teachers are all skint :o

Exactly, thats why they all want rich Hamsum Men like your friend!

Dear Deirdre(alias Dave)

Dear Deirdre

Hope you can help?

A female friend has confided to the boss lady that she has a dilemma, every time she kisses her farang boyfriend goodnight she says she feels something hard in his pocket, and wonders if he is a cosh boy?

Can you advise?

TBWG :D

MOVED TO THE PRO-GUN FORUM :D

OH yes.....these things happen. And thinking back it has happened to me twice now, not just once. :D It would seem to point at the fact that these girls do not like to lend money to worse off friends, but if they lend them their boy/man friend, then they can earn the dough for themselves. Oh, don't get me wrong. The "friends" do not provide the service free of charge. I still think I'm the only one that gives things away free round here :D

fascinating! you then could envisage things further and see the teerak/gik/samee as a bargaining chip to be passed around by her to all her female friends & relatives in exchange of goods/services/favours/cash and so on. The mind boggles at the opportunities. No wonder why Thailand is such great place to live in. :D