Where's All The Gyms?

jackr

Moved up to Chiang Mai four months ago and haven't yet sourced a reasonable gym at a reasonable price; that is: (a) not full of posers, and (:o not full of katoeys. Most of the major hotels and apartment complexes have them, ie - Hillside and Rim Ping etc, but bleddy expensive (Thai terms). Shouldn't have to pay more than 20 baht to be honest. Where I was in Songkhla, the most I ever paid was 15 baht and that was for a quality air-conned gym with Technogym equipment and a decent range of free weights. I'm living near Mae Jo on the Phrao road (going north of town). Checked out the Agricultural University the other day and they had a fair to good one, but for students only.

The stadium in town is bearable until all the katoeys congregate there. The guy that runs the place, being a bit that way inclined himself, really doesn't help. Anyone know of any half decent ones around the northern edge of the city?

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Moved up to Chiang Mai four months ago and haven't yet sourced a reasonable gym at a reasonable price; that is: (a) not full of posers, and (:o not full of katoeys. Most of the major hotels and apartment complexes have them, ie - Hillside and Rim Ping etc, but bleddy expensive (Thai terms). Shouldn't have to pay more than 20 baht to be honest. Where I was in Songkhla, the most I ever paid was 15 baht and that was for a quality air-conned gym with Technogym equipment and a decent range of free weights. I'm living near Mae Jo on the Phrao road (going north of town). Checked out the Agricultural University the other day and they had a fair to good one, but for students only.

The stadium in town is bearable until all the katoeys congregate there. The guy that runs the place, being a bit that way inclined himself, really doesn't help. Anyone know of any half decent ones around the northern edge of the city?

Much appreciated. 

Cheers

I don't know where you live (mostly because I'm new to Chiang Mai) but there's a brand new gym opening up immediatly beside my building. it's just off Thanon Nimmanhaemin, on Soi 7 or 8. Not sure if it's open yet, but it certainly looks to have decent equipment from what they're unloading from the trucks. If I see the owners again (who are farung) I'll ask them what the ETA and cost will be.