Route 22/ Sawang Dan Din

kevin2008

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for the confused post, but my wife is from the area ( wang )which is approx 12km east from Sawang dan din on R22.......visiting the area on and off over the last 6 years ....wondering any falangs lving in the area...seem like a rarity around there.

No airport in SAWANG.....nearest airports Udon or Sakhon Nakhon both appox time 1.30 each way.

Edited by kevin2008

Sorry for the confused post, but my wife is from the area ( wang )which is approx 12km east from Sawang dan din on R22.......visiting the area on and off over the last 6 years ....wondering any falangs lving in the area...seem like a rarity around there.

No airport in SAWANG.....nearest airports Udon or Sakhon Nakhon both appox time 1.30 each way.

Yes I live about 12kms west of Sawang, a village called Nongluang. Go into to Sawang about twice a week when home.

There are quite a few falangs living in the area,always see at least 4 or 5 at Tesco Lotus.

Regards.

Thanks.....i think your on the road to song dao.......nice class resort opened in the same direction i think.....opened about year a ago....CHUANTHANPANYA RESORT TEL 042 737744......600bht a nite...free intenet....didnt stay there but ate in restaurant...very good. Another class resort in Sawang Dan DIN also open about 12 months....main road east out of Sawang and take a left at Point Stage nite club (also new) ....CHOMDAO RESORT TEL 042 722544-5......stayed at this resort....600bht a nite...would highly recommend .....normally go for a beer in a bar next to the police station (dont miss the homosexual singing policeman) in Sawang or head east to PHANG KHON.....lively kip of a bar there.

Au contraire, there is a grass strip private airfield in Sawang, 700 metres!

Details on the airstrip and three photos here:  http://thaiflyingclub.com/linkairportsawangdandin.html

SAWANG-DANDIN AIRPORTName: Sawang-Dandin Airport 

Coordinates: 17*30' N x 103*34' E

Frequency: 122.4

Runway Heading: 09/27

Length: 700 m

Surface: Grass

Slope: none

Elevation: 620'

Obstructions: n/a

Location: Between Udon Thani and Sakorn Nakorn -- www.thaiskydiving.com skydiving nearby.

Activities: Flying club. Skydiving. Resort. Meeting rooms. Fun.

Contact Information: Uthai - 01-4453236 // Khun Bird - 0818649805.

Other links: For additional information: DOA Aeronautical Information Service, Tung Mahamek, Bangkok 10120, Thailand -- tel: 02 256 0922 // 02 286 0922 // fax: 02 287 4060 // AFTN: VTBAYOYX.

Thanks.....i think your on the road to song dao.......nice class resort opened in the same direction i think.....opened about year a ago....CHUANTHANPANYA RESORT TEL 042 737744......600bht a nite...free intenet....didnt stay there but ate in restaurant...very good. Another class resort in Sawang Dan DIN also open about 12 months....main road east out of Sawang and take a left at Point Stage nite club (also new) ....CHOMDAO RESORT TEL 042 722544-5......stayed at this resort....600bht a nite...would highly recommend .....normally go for a beer in a bar next to the police station (dont miss the homosexual singing policeman) in Sawang or head east to PHANG KHON.....lively kip of a bar there.

Yes, It is on the road to Song dao. Haven't been to Chomdao resort yet, there's another place about 1km out of town, turn right if coming from the west at the crossroads by the Bangkok bank, can't remember the name,great food, not expensive.

Also there is a bar in Kings Plaza, owned by a german, went with my mate also tv member, not bad but very slow service.

What is the name of the place next to the police station?? is it a falang bar?

Regards.

Turning right at bangkok bank thats Chuanthanpanya resort i mentioned above......yes good food,good service and a beautiful laid out resort. Both resorts Vietnamese owned. Bar near police station called JOM NANG ...not falang, owned by a thai girl.

Where in Sawang is german guys bar...

Turning right at bangkok bank thats Chuanthanpanya resort i mentioned above......yes good food,good service and a beautiful laid out resort. Both resorts Vietnamese owned. Bar near police station called JOM NANG ...not falang, owned by a thai girl.

Where in Sawang is german guys bar...

The bar is situated in the Kings Plaza complex, in the centre of town opposite the post office,very near to Udom hi tech centre, at the back,as I said Its ok but not to good on customer service.

I'll check out out JOM NANG next time back which will be begining of september for 2 months.

Regards.

• 2 months later...
HEAR OF A NEW HOUSING DEVELOPMENT IN SAWANG DAN DIN ON ROUTE 22.....WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION FROM ANYONE IN THE AREA...ie phone no...website ...location etc......thanks

i will be around there for 5 weeks soon so might even send you a photo if there is anything to report :o

• 2 weeks later...

there is a German guy running "FC Falang pub", has German beer (weisse) and German Menu, 3 internet PC's, pool table etc.

You find his place opposite the new market when you get into SDD from the West and turn left one soi before the traffic light, it's on your left, car parking available. Seems he has a farang team playing football against the local cops.

King Plaza complex, where's that?

I live 30kms West of SDD and don't come often to SDD.

Plan to try the restaurant at Chuanthanpanya resort some day. Thai food mainly or exclusively?

So thyphoon, we're almost neighbours then?

there is a German guy running "FC Falang pub", has German beer (weisse) and German Menu, 3 internet PC's, pool table etc.

You find his place opposite the new market when you get into SDD from the West and turn left one soi before the traffic light, it's on your left, car parking available. Seems he has a farang team playing football against the local cops.

Plan to try the restaurant at Chuanthanpanya resort some day. Thai food mainly or exclusively?

chuanthanapanya resort website........THAICHABA.COM or CHUAN-RESORT.COM

The place seems to have shut down, only opened for about 5 months, BTW which hot village do you live in?? you must be close.

Regards.

My wifes family from SANG DAO or WANG 15km east on 22....at wang police station turn left, .....a guy from DEVON, ENGLAND built a class bungalow in the village ( name of brian ).....dont live in village :o but hope to build or buy around SDD come January...

The place seems to have shut down, only opened for about 5 months, BTW which hot village do you live in?? you must be close.

Regards.

Nong Mek

Cheers

You are only about 35 km away from our place, I'am just back in the u.k now, will be back to Thailand next Feb/March for 2 months.

PM me near that time, always good to meet members in the area.

Regards.

• 2 months later...

Staying at Chuanthanapanya resort SDD until 20th feb.....new house development to the rear of TESCO LOTUS (purchased myself) and dutch guy has opened small bar in SDD (chill out bar)...depending on which way you are coming turn left or right at farmers bank in center of SDD and turn right again before bridge... same road as resort...serves European food (BURGERS ETC)......is GERMAN bar still in operation?

Edited by kevin2008

Staying at Chuanthanapanya resort SDD until 20th feb.....new house development to the rear of TESCO LOTUS (purchased myself) and dutch guy has opened small bar in SDD (chill out bar)...depending on which way you are coming turn left or right at farmers bank in center of SDD and turn right again before bridge... same road as resort...serves European food (BURGERS ETC)......is GERMAN bar still in operation?

Not sure about the german bar at the moment, been back in uk since october. Will be back next month for 2 months I'll check it out again, also I'll have a look at the Chill out bar. Are you still around SSD in march????

Regards. :o

Heading back to Dublin on 20th feb... found out German bar is closed because owner is not well.....nice small new development to the rear of Tesco..2 mins off main road....bungalows..1.3m to 1.7m...office next to Tesco on main road (PAMASTIC)...new hotel, cinema, and bowling planned for next to development....changed internal layout of my bungalow to european style. (my last post should read BANGKOK BANK not farmers bank...

• 3 weeks later...

At the junction close too Chill out bar there are 2 police cameras.....had a smash there with motorbike. When police arrived they pointed out cameras and said if theres a problem come to police station and look at images.

Anyway motorbike at fault and agreed to pay for damages, but suprised to see cameras, especially in a town the size of SAWANG. (motorbike had no insurance, no brakes, and admitted failing to stop at junction coming from direction of chill out bar )

• 2 months later...