• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ฆฟกสั ะ้ำ

FARK had the keyboard in Thai - DUH

Sadly the German died - wife had a baby at same time - still looking for the Dutch Bar but the "Pink HOuse" is good fun North of Sawan.

Airport does Sky Diving and has a resort planned there or being done now

ฆฟกสั ะ้ำ

FARK had the keyboard in Thai - DUH

Sadly the German died - wife had a baby at same time - still looking for the Dutch Bar but the "Pink HOuse" is good fun North of Sawan.

Airport does Sky Diving and has a resort planned there or being done now

where is the pink house

Pink house on road out of town in middle od SSD on the left.

It splits - one road to Callasin - the other to Khok Si area.

About 3 kms down that road is the Pink House - it's "interesting" - went there with a bunch of thai lads I hang out with.

Great,..thanks.....around SDD from, 5th Sept for 3 weeks....Chill out bar is a short distance off the main st....take the road south to the resort and immediate first right and its on the right....small bar, owned by Dutch guy, only good for a late drink as the two resorts in SDD close at 01am.....Chamdao resort, i think, is the better of the two ....being to resort at Airfield last May but was not completed......great changes around SDD over the last 3 years.....hotel, bowling alley and cinema are proposed to the rear of Tesco and a BIG C is on the way.

Edited by kevin2008

Great,..thanks.....around SDD from, 5th Sept for 3 weeks....Chill out bar is a short distance off the main st....take the road south to the resort and immediate first right and its on the right....small bar, owned by Dutch guy, only good for a late drink as the two resorts in SDD close at 01am.....Chamdao resort, i think, is the better of the two ....being to resort at Airfield last May but was not completed......great changes around SDD over the last 3 years.....hotel, bowling alley and cinema are proposed to the rear of Tesco and a BIG C is on the way.

Bugger - looked for it again no luck - will have to wait till I'm back from Laos next week

• 2 weeks later...

Bugger - looked for it again no luck - will have to wait till I'm back from Laos next week

We looked and looked - found a great outdoor bar on the corner down from the disco - but no chill bar.

This bar was great though = may be back tonight :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey I missed the party!

No sign of them building anything behind Tesco like a Cinema etc.

The nicest little bar is "stumps" bar as we've taken to calling it - open air - all wood - very nice - on corner just down from SMO

You missed a great party...110 turned up...Chamdao resort done the cartering, supplied everthing :) ....site at the rear of Tesco filled a few months ago but everyone is tight lipped as too what is earmarked for the site....person building existing bungalows have said they will consider a club house for the development ......Finnish spa and golf club at present at building stage and will open next year, opposite side of road from Tesco

post-63312-1253908115_thumb.jpg

Where is "STUMPS" or SMO...thanks

Drive into town - turn rigth after second set of lights and entry to Bus Station - Disco (SMO) or "Surmet" as they seem to pronounce it is in that soi on left - Stumps is on same side on the next corner

• 3 months later...

Cannot fault either resort....both, too a very high standard re; accommodation and food....both approx 600baht a nite....american breakfast available at both...Chomdao chalets are solid red brick whilst Chuanthanapanya are wooden. Just one point...a bottle of wine is 400 baht at Chomdao and 800 baht at Chuanthanapanya, but you can get wine in local Tesco ( 200-300 baht) and both resort restaurants will cork at no charge......no website for Chomdao.

http://www.chuan-resort.com/about-us.html

Edited by kevin2008

Cannot fault either resort....both, too a very high standard re; accommodation and food....both approx 600baht a nite....american breakfast available at both...Chomdao chalets are solid red brick whilst Chuanthanapanya are wooden. Just one point...a bottle of wine is 400 baht at Chomdao and 800 baht at Chuanthanapanya, but you can get wine in local Tesco ( 200-300 baht) and both resort restaurants will cork at no charge......no website for Chomdao.

http://www.chuan-resort.com/about-us.html

Thanks Kevin

Think I will go with Chuanthanapanya, looks great.

Shame Chomdao doesnt have a website. I might have alook when I get there though.

Got the price of wine wrong way around....800 at Chomdao and 400 at Chuan :)

Approacing SDD from east, turn right before the beginning of kerbed traffic island for Chomdao and for Chuanthanapanya turn left at the first set of traffic lights at Bangkok bank.....enjoy :D

I really like Chuanthanapanya Resort - restaurant is great - but do book if staying over a weekend as lately it's been booked out. Breakfast is so-so - I wish the owner who is a very niuce bloke and approachable, would put some of his night time cooks on breakfast duty.

Not it's about 600 baht a night - don't book online if you want the cheaper rate.

Not many good places for breakfast in SDD, The Black Canyon at Tesco closed and is about to be replaced with a hair solon - erghhh

Pink House doesn't open till 11 am I believe :)

Still - the disco is going great - stumps still irregularly opening.

If any one up to a bit of a lads night out I'll always make the drive up to the "Big Smoke" of SDD! It's always a fun night out and I like the locals.

CTO

post-52957-1264495713_thumb.jpg

post-52957-1264495727_thumb.jpg

post-52957-1264495736_thumb.jpg

post-52957-1264495743_thumb.jpg

post-52957-1264495750_thumb.jpg

post-52957-1264495759_thumb.jpg

Not good news about Black Canyon....would have thought it was busy enough.....is Pink Lady north of SDD.

Coffee shop by name of NANA , west side of SDD on left heading towards Tesco....gets alot of Falang customers.....yes, certainly would be up for a lads nite out :) ...nice pics

Edited by kevin2008

Nana coffee shop lives up to it's name - awful food and opens weird hours - after 9am for breakfast and closes often early.

Very sad Black Canyon is gone :) however I still have a cappuccino machine at home that I use with my Laos Beans.

The next best coffee is the petrol station leaving town heading to Sakon Nakorn - lately they give a free plate of watermelon with every order - nice! Coffee as good as Black Conyon.

Pink House is on the road to Khok Si - turn at the lights in the centre of town and head out keeping left, if you take the right fork you end up at Charoen Sin

PM when your in town.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I may be up in sawang Dan Din early next week, and need a place to stay,, i checked the Chuanthanapanya Resort webisite and the prices are june - dec 2008, anyone know if still ok to stay there? prices?

Also,, i read about stumps for a beer, in evening,, could anyone tell me location coming from Ban Chiang into Sawan?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I may be up in sawang Dan Din early next week, and need a place to stay,, i checked the Chuanthanapanya Resort webisite and the prices are june - dec 2008, anyone know if still ok to stay there? prices?

Also,, i read about stumps for a beer, in evening,, could anyone tell me location coming from Ban Chiang into Sawan?

Thanks in advance.

Walk in rate is still 630 a night as of last week.

Stumps is up the road heading back to the town - just before bus station and the traffic lights turn right for two blocks, stumps on the corner - same soi as the disco.

• 2 months later...

The black canyon at Lotus is open again, looks pretty much the same as before, I "think" what happened was a change of local franchisee, same staff though, no real idea, but it's back. And KFC seems to have had chicken available over SongKran which is unusual.