BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
kevin2008

Route 22/ Sawang Dan Din

there is a German guy running "FC Falang pub", has German beer (weisse) and German Menu, 3 internet PC's, pool table etc.

You find his place opposite the new market when you get into SDD from the West and turn left one soi before the traffic light, it's on your left, car parking available. Seems he has a farang team playing football against the local cops.

King Plaza complex, where's that?

I live 30kms West of SDD and don't come often to SDD.

Plan to try the restaurant at Chuanthanpanya resort some day. Thai food mainly or exclusively?

So thyphoon, we're almost neighbours then?

From a contact in Bkk :o got info that new housing project on same road and very close to Chuanthanpanya resort, SDD

Edited by kevin2008

there is a German guy running "FC Falang pub", has German beer (weisse) and German Menu, 3 internet PC's, pool table etc.

You find his place opposite the new market when you get into SDD from the West and turn left one soi before the traffic light, it's on your left, car parking available. Seems he has a farang team playing football against the local cops.

Plan to try the restaurant at Chuanthanpanya resort some day. Thai food mainly or exclusively?

chuanthanapanya resort website........THAICHABA.COM or CHUAN-RESORT.COM

The place seems to have shut down, only opened for about 5 months, BTW which hot village do you live in?? you must be close.

Regards.

My wifes family from SANG DAO or WANG 15km east on 22....at wang police station turn left, .....a guy from DEVON, ENGLAND built a class bungalow in the village ( name of brian ).....dont live in village :o but hope to build or buy around SDD come January...

The place seems to have shut down, only opened for about 5 months, BTW which hot village do you live in?? you must be close.

Regards.

Nong Mek

Cheers

Regards.

Nong Mek

Cheers

You are only about 35 km away from our place, I'am just back in the u.k now, will be back to Thailand next Feb/March for 2 months.

PM me near that time, always good to meet members in the area.

Regards.

Staying at Chuanthanapanya resort SDD until 20th feb.....new house development to the rear of TESCO LOTUS (purchased myself) and dutch guy has opened small bar in SDD (chill out bar)...depending on which way you are coming turn left or right at farmers bank in center of SDD and turn right again before bridge... same road as resort...serves European food (BURGERS ETC)......is GERMAN bar still in operation?

Edited by kevin2008

Staying at Chuanthanapanya resort SDD until 20th feb.....new house development to the rear of TESCO LOTUS (purchased myself) and dutch guy has opened small bar in SDD (chill out bar)...depending on which way you are coming turn left or right at farmers bank in center of SDD and turn right again before bridge... same road as resort...serves European food (BURGERS ETC)......is GERMAN bar still in operation?

Not sure about the german bar at the moment, been back in uk since october. Will be back next month for 2 months I'll check it out again, also I'll have a look at the Chill out bar. Are you still around SSD in march????

Regards. :o

Heading back to Dublin on 20th feb... found out German bar is closed because owner is not well.....nice small new development to the rear of Tesco..2 mins off main road....bungalows..1.3m to 1.7m...office next to Tesco on main road (PAMASTIC)...new hotel, cinema, and bowling planned for next to development....changed internal layout of my bungalow to european style. (my last post should read BANGKOK BANK not farmers bank...

checked out new house builds at tesco, great location on main road, udon thanee 1 hour 20 mins away.

Unfortunately German bar closed, owner had heart attack I was told by his missus and still in coma (for 6 months? :o )

She still had a few Weissen beers in the fridge, the place sell woman's clothes now.

Will give Dutch bar a try some day.

At the junction close too Chill out bar there are 2 police cameras.....had a smash there with motorbike. When police arrived they pointed out cameras and said if theres a problem come to police station and look at images.

Anyway motorbike at fault and agreed to pay for damages, but suprised to see cameras, especially in a town the size of SAWANG. (motorbike had no insurance, no brakes, and admitted failing to stop at junction coming from direction of chill out bar )

Back out there (SDD) next month for 3 weeks....house build rear of TESCO should be completed and ready for furnishing :)