Fishermans Tale

jaiyenyen

A couple of days ago I took myself off to a small fishing park near Lam Luk Ka, Bangkok. It was a first visit there for me as my local fishing park has closed.

The cost for a bucket of bread mix, addative and using my own rod was a very reasonable 70 baht. Non of the fish in there are big, up to about 3kg but size is not everything. It also appears to be stocked with several different species although I'm not sure of their names. You can take the fish away for eating at the end of your day, just pay 40 baht per kg.

All in all, I had a great time, a couple of beers, some food, and caught a few fish, but the highlight for me was when the guy next to me played a whopper only to find he had hooked an old flip flop.

If only I'd had my camera.

I love fishing stories. :D

One day about 15 years ago fishing the Arkansas river in Colorado I had a rainbow trout that caused me to almost loose my $250 ultralight (ultralight meaning a light weight rod and reel, not the hang glider with a motor... :o ) setup. It's a long story but needless to say the old man fishing on the other side of the river that day had quite a laugh and now every time I go fishing I take and extra rod and reel setup. :D

I hate to admit it but the size of the trout was only about 12".... :D