Dtac International Sms

mikalmus

I've heard that sending an sms from Thailand to the UK has increased to 9 baht using dtac prepaid service.

Didn't it used to be so much cheaper?

Is there anyway to do this cheaper because I only pay 10p on my o2 prepaid service, so it seems a bit expensive?

I've heard that sending an sms from Thailand to the UK has increased to 9 baht using dtac prepaid service.

Is there anyway to do this cheaper because I only pay 10p on my o2 prepaid service, so it seems a bit expensive?

I send most of my international sms with Skype. Disadvantage- you must have access to a computer

DTAC is 5 baht. The other guys are 9 baht.

http://www.dtac.co.th/eng/services/interse...ervice_sms.html

OP asked about DTAC pre-paid, which is marketed under the Happy brand...

http://www.happy.co.th/en/low/17_service_idd02.php

Note the remark at the bottom of that page...

"This special offer for international SMS is only 5 baht per message per number (from the normal rate of 9 baht) until 6 January 2008."

So it looks like the 5 THB per int'l SMS promotion ended over six months ago.

International SMSes with One-2-Call are 9 THB each (9.63 with VAT).

There are pre-paid SMS services, providing for PC/web-based origination, but it looks like it came from your mobile phone, which offer cost-effective solutions. I use www dot telemessage dot com.

Edited by lomatopo

Have you considered a web based service such as O2(10 free per month) or Orange(30 free per month)? UK SIM cards are available at no cost these days.

Evidently they have updated the page I linked...it now says

This special offer for international SMS is only 5 baht per message per number (from the normal rate of 9 baht) until 31 December 2008.

so they have extended the promotion until the end of this year. Good deal!!!

• 9 months later...

I send most of my international texts with FishText now. You can download a java application to your mobile phone (so don't need a computer present) which allow you to send messages over your phones GPRS. Text messages only cost around 1 baht! I've been using it for a few months now and it has been very reliable.

www.fishtext.com