Dengue Increased 5 Fold In Ratchaburi

sbk

Dengue dangers

July 9, 2008

Ratchaburi - There has been a fivefold annual increase in the incidence of dengue fever here. It has killed four people since the beginning of the year.

The province is suffering the second worst outbreak in the country. In all, 1,400 people have been infected.

Public Health deputy permanent secretary Dr Paijit Warachit visited yesterday to find out why.

The ministry declared Bang Phae, Photharam, and Damnoen Saduak districts emergency zones. Special measures are being implemented to control mosquitoes.

Paijit visited patients at Photharam Hospital.

Warning signs have been erected instructing residents to clear their properties of standing water where mosquitoes can bread. Failure to do so can mean one month in jail or a Bt2,000 fine.

Source: The Nation

Dengue dangers

July 9, 2008

Public Health deputy permanent secretary Dr Paijit Warachit visited yesterday to find out why.

The ministry declared Bang Phae, Photharam, and Damnoen Saduak districts emergency zones. Special measures are being implemented to control mosquitoes.

Warning signs have been erected instructing residents to clear their properties of standing water where mosquitoes can bread. Failure to do so can mean one month in jail or a Bt2,000 fine.

DAMNOEN SADUAK FLOATING MARKET

Thank you "sbk" for this post as I was there earlier this year (Jan-Feb) and there was a lot of water standing around this area, not the Floating Market as it is always busy, but the surrounding fields etc..

Kan Win :o

Dengue dangers

July 9, 2008

Ratchaburi - There has been a fivefold annual increase in the incidence of dengue fever here. It has killed four people since the beginning of the year.

The province is suffering the second worst outbreak in the country. In all, 1,400 people have been infected.

Paijit visited patients at Photharam Hospital.

pls don't tell me this

Dengue dangers

July 9, 2008

DAMNOEN SADUAK FLOATING MARKET

Thank you "sbk" for this post as I was there earlier this year (Jan-Feb) and there was a lot of water standing around this area, not the Floating Market as it is always busy, but the surrounding fields etc..

Kan Win :o

Kan I have been to Kanchanburi many times I guess that is where you live but I guess it is the same all over Thailand not just Ratchaburi. Tell me where is not a lot of water in Thailand ? Every home has a pool or fish pond and so on and what about all the rice fields ? No Mosquitoes ? Get real