Solar Power

BOOKEMDANO

Do you actually live here in Thailand and have experience working with a government agency Agent?

This link might be of interest -

http://www.ctlo.com/...iland_(328363_5).pdf

Choke dee

edit - I can't get that link to paste right but essentially -

1)if you want to sell power back you have to let them install and maintain all of the equipment

2)they're not accepting any more applications

Edited by cloudhopper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The meter is an old fashioned one. You know with a rotating disc that can rotate either way. PV systems are very easy to install these days. What keeps me from buying the equipment, setting it up, plugging it in and not notifying the power company?

Edited by AgentSmith

After 2 days I still only received 1 reply from all the companies I emailed. I just want to know which products they sell and how much they cost. Is that so difficult? Does anyone know a company that is capable of such straightforward communication? I want to spend money on a pv system and so far all but one don't seem to want to earn any money.

• 1 month later...

Lantern wrote: " Just put 20 x 185W Trina's on my roof in Aust. Grid connect. 3.7 kW.

Using a 3.8kW SMA inverter."

It's interesting to hear about an installation that works.

Can you let us know how much energy you paid before?

Just the index difference on one year run (should find on your electricity bills)

This stuff only makes sense when you're so far off the grid running power out to you will cost more than the capital cost of the alternative energy stuff.

Biggest cost is proper batteries - sometimes can be bought at auction from a Telecom company turning theirs over, huge and heavy 2V cells, put them in series to get 12 or 24V, parallel after that to increase your amperage capacity.

Solid-state electronics (computer/internet, car-based A/V system, lights (those small, intense halogen dichroics give a nicer light than neon, 12V native you won't need the inverters). Don't try to run large motors, heating elements or aircon units (!! you must be joking) off this - run a generator a few hours a day and top up your batteries that way.

If you find you can go for days without running the generator, end up only turning it on to charge the batteries, then get panels to supplement.

Own the top of a hill with decent winds year-round? wind generator!

Definitely hot-water works, you can get a parabolic sun-tracking unit that will pump it up to high temps, probably don't even need to insulate your storage tank much here.

Much much cheaper to be on the grid. . .

• 4 weeks later...

After 2 days I still only received 1 reply from all the companies I emailed. I just want to know which products they sell and how much they cost. Is that so difficult? Does anyone know a company that is capable of such straightforward communication? I want to spend money on a pv system and so far all but one don't seem to want to earn any money.

AgentSmith - Thanks for sharing the information on your experience. I, too, am very interested in finding a company to install a standalone solar power system at my house near Pattaya. Did you have any luck in the end?

*** Does anyone else know of any good solar power installation companies here in LOS (particularly near me)? ***

I do understand that some people don't believe solar power to be a sensible option for several reasons, but it is something that I choose to pursue nonetheless. jap.gif

Thanks, E

Little bit strange .... I'm living in the south and start just now a new solar compagny... if you have a question maybe i can help you to put you into the right direction