Chiang Mai Architect

AndyW

I posted the same question in genral last week, no replies. What about the University Dept of Architecture? Any connections anyone? We need someone who has built and monitored a project. I read about Architects Collaborative in Chiangmai. any info. We are not there and help would be great

A friend of mine had his house both designed and built by the firm shown in the below website. He was extremely happy with the results and professionalism. Owner has been in business many years, and some of his homes can be seen at the website. I can only assume he would design for you without a construction contract as well.....(?)

There's a contact email address at the website, and, yes, he speaks excellent English.

http://www.housingsupplies.com

Thanks Jim, I'll have a look at that link

Andy

A friend of mine had his house both designed and built by the firm shown in the below website. He was extremely happy with the results and professionalism. Owner has been in business many years, and some of his homes can be seen at the website. I can only assume he would design for you without a construction contract as well.....(?)

There's a contact email address at the website, and, yes, he speaks excellent English.

http://www.housingsupplies.com

In my village at the tambon administrative office they have three high quality books containing plans for buildings. One book is for small wood or wood/concrete/blolck houses, one book isd for moderate to large cement/block houses, and one book is for large commercial style shop houses. These are complete architectural drawing sets. They are gov't publications I think. They let me borrow them and I took digital pictures of what interested me and I view them on my computer using ACDSee...works great.

This is a little off your topic,but the attached link is from a guy who built a house in Pattaya. he goes through the whole process with pictures and great information from the typical mistakes that are made to choosing materials.

Coolthaihouse

I found it very interesting, as I hope to do the same next year.

The lady I recommend is Atitaya Jukcom. She is on 053 212 681. Her fiancée, Tanong Kaewruaen is also an Architect, responsible for inspecting and signing off plans for the Chiang Mai municipality. His private telephone number is as above.

If you are in Chiang Mai, you can see a small example of Atitaya’s work, a coffee shop, “Charcoa” at number 4, Soi 1 T. Sreprom, just inside the moat at the North East corner. They have built a truly beautiful little place out of nothing, every square inch utilised to perfection.

I might be able to offer some assistance. Without sounding too much like an advertisement, I am both an architect (registered in Georgia, USA) and a member of the Faculty of Architecture of Chiang Mai University. While I cannot legally practice my profession here in Thailand, I have been involved as a consultant on several projects. I work with several architects and engineers here in Chiang Mai and we would certainly be willing to discuss projects with any of you.

I feel that having both Thai and farang architects/consultants can be very beneficial for clients as we can provide direction to Thai constructors which insure that farang standards are achieved while staying within the limits of possibility of Thai construction methods and materials. This leads to higher quality construction with minimal increase in construction costs.

If I/we can be of service to any of you, please do not hesitate to contact me at 01-033-9784.

Thomas