"global Teenagers"

spectrum

I am not sure. I think "global teenagers" is วัยรุ่นโลก (Wai roon lok) meant adolescents age 13-19 y/o in the world.

and "global citizens" is ประชากรโลก (pra cha gorn lok), meant any ages old of people in the world

Bambina, thanks :o .

The term "global village" comes from a book which "describes how electronic mass media collapse space and time barriers in human communication, enabling people to interact and live on a global scale. In this sense, the globe has been turned into a village by the electronic mass media.

Today, the global village is mostly used as a metaphor to describe the Internet and World Wide Web. According to McLuhan, modern communication technologies such as radio and television globalize communication by allowing users from all levels of society around the world to easily connect with each other and exchange ideas instantaneously." Wiki

So, "global teenagers" are contemporary, well-informed and aware teenagers with these opportunities to connect with other people around the world.

Does that help ?

Can anyone help me with the phrase "global teenagers" (similar to "global citizens") ?

Needed for both written and spoken Thai.

Thank you.

i think it's a new word for thai, so nobody specifies it yet.

and i dnt know how i can translate, kinda strange a bit.

Many Thai teenagers, even though they know how to use the Internet, are unable to take part in any such global village or generation due to lack of English skills and little first hand exposure to, and interest in, other cultures.

Even in English, 'global youth' would be understood as 'youth worldwide' unless you also provide that specific explanation relating to Internet communication.

Unless it is too late to rethink it, wouldn't it be better to use a more transparent term in the first place, like 'globally connected youth' or 'Internet youth'?

Thanks, everyone.

Even in English, 'global youth' would be understood as 'youth worldwide' unless you also provide that specific explanation relating to Internet communication.

True. The context will provide those extra connotations. It occurred to me after posting that it is quite possible the English word (gloBAL :o ) is used.

I agree with your comments about Thai teenagers, Meadish Sweetball.