BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
fred2007

Curry

I guess you guys will hate me for this, but I love indian curry, Yes I love thai curry as well but my favorite

one is indian. Don't get me wrong I am not indian ( and if I where ?) I just love the taste of indian curry and the only place I can find it is Villa market ( if they have it some times) :D Does anybody know

where to get Pataks Curry Paste ( I guess it comes from England) And I am not english either :o

I have tried many places ( like Big C, Tesko and so on) but no one has it. :D Can anybody help me ?

Me too, not crazy about Thai style. :o
You are a big help tell me where to get it :D

I guess you guys will hate me for this, but I love indian curry, Yes I love thai curry as well but my favorite

one is indian. Don't get me wrong I am not indian ( and if I where ?) I just love the taste of indian curry and the only place I can find it is Villa market ( if they have it some times) :D Does anybody know

where to get Pataks Curry Paste ( I guess it comes from England) And I am not english either :o

I have tried many places ( like Big C, Tesko and so on) but no one has it. :D Can anybody help me ?

Well Mr Fred 2007, I am sincerely hoping I can be of good service to you sir. recently I was having the greatest pleasure of shopping in the wonderful market of Villa near Phrom Pong. And lo and behold sir, there on the shelf near the frozen meat section was a selection of Patak's curry sauces. Vindaloo, Korma etcetera. My mouth was veritably watering at the prospect of a home made lamb Korma.

So be getting yourself off to a Villa market at your earliest convenience and buy some Pataks.

Also Haldirans shop may also be having some of this wonderful curry paste too. Pahurat and Sukumvit I think maybe Soi 10?

http://www.villamarket.com/

A Thaivisa sponsor.

Well Mr Fred 2007, I am sincerely hoping I can be of good service to you sir. recently I was having the greatest pleasure of shopping in the wonderful market of Villa near Phrom Pong. And lo and behold sir, there on the shelf near the frozen meat section was a selection of Patak's curry sauces. Vindaloo, Korma etcetera. My mouth was veritably watering at the prospect of a home made lamb Korma.

So be getting yourself off to a Villa market at your earliest convenience and buy some Pataks.

Also Haldirans shop may also be having some of this wonderful curry paste too. Pahurat and Sukumvit I think maybe Soi 10?

http://www.villamarket.com/

A Thaivisa sponsor.

Well you make my mouth water now but I have been to villa market in the past few weeks, 2 shops I don't know the addresses because I don't life in BKK but both shops did not have any at all and yes I looked over the frozen meat section ( because last time I didn't know till some one told me ) But nothing

Well I guess I have to go back again ( about 110km ) and if I find it I will cook a nice curry for you :D

It may be possible to order some from Malaysia for a fair price since it's so close. You can't spit without hitting an Indian restaurant in KL.

I too love Indian Currys.

In Villa Market soi/49 they do damned good fresh (As opposed to frozen) curries for a good price, and very good portions.

It's about time I went to a proper curry house though I think.

I guess you guys will hate me for this, but I love indian curry,

I'll break this to you as softly as possible....... try a curry in India ..... you don't like Indian curry, you like English curry.

That is why there are so many crap curry houses in Bangkok, Pattaya etc (yes, I know there may be a couple of good ones, but they are few and far between) they should make all the Indian chefs in Thailand (a very lose description of chef) take an intensive month long training course in either Didsbury or Birmingham and send them away with a shopping list of Pataks sauces.

English curry, where spices are used to create a tasty and aromatic dish (quite rare for English cuisine) and not just a meat preserver (or to hide the taste of meat that has already started to rot)

Can't beat a decent Curry, English style, there are a few decent places in BKK though, and the ones they do in Villa are normally from Novotel Lotus (Soi 33) which IMO are OK. However, I do also like the traditional Indian cuisine as well from my experiences Of travelling there.

I have to admit to not seeing the Pataks sauces, but I will certainly have a look this week when I pop down there to get the usual foods, as it's a dam_n sight easier than making the base sauce from scratch.

Has anyone tried Rajah's Curry paste, It's my personal favorite but have not found it in LOS

one is indian. Don't get me wrong I am not indian ( and if I where ?) I just love the taste of indian curry and the only place I can find it is Villa market ( if they have it some times)

If you're prepared to work at achieving the taste you want, the recipes in the Kris Dhillon book 'The Curry Secret' do make an excellent curry. I'm not sure how easy it is to get all of the spices in Thailand (my folks bought over a supply on their last visit) and I find tinned tomatoes tricky to get hold of where I live, but I'd highly recommend looking out for a copy, even if it's an electronic version such as a PDF.

I'm not an expert on curry since I am neither British nor Indian, but I do love it and agree it is tastier than Thai curry. I buy curries--fresh--from the delicatessen counter section of Carrefour on Rama IV, I believe the stall is run by the Blue Elephant restaurant people. After around 5 pm the prices are halved, I buy quantities of all the kinds they have, take them home and freeze them for later.

Also the many small restaurants around the Indian temple on Silom offer a variety of tasty curries including some very good vegetarian ones.

... or to hide the taste of meat that has already started to rot ...

You silly racist.