Accom. / Work Or Vice-versa?

Tom Kagai

Hi All:

I'm planning to emigrate to los within a year or so and i'm finding my daily wander around your forums to be unbelievably useful and re-assuring, so thanks guys!

Maybe you could help me with this scenario:

A lifelong friend of mine (Thai girl raising her son in UK) has an appartment standing empty near Mo Chit. She's offerred me it as she trusts me and i'd like to look for the best prospects (schools) within a reasonable commuting distance. :o I know this is a bit 'tail wagging the dog' but i know the appartment and the girl well and i like the area. Can you offer any pointers as to where to start looking and maybe even which the best schools in that immediate area are please?

Also, what sort of frequency can i expect to find with respect to vacancies/openings? ie certain times of the year, or is it pretty constant.

Thanks in advance, for your help. :D

Yeah what are your quals, etc. mate?

To be honest, not a lot on the teaching front. I have a BA(Hons) in Business Studies, HNC in Business and finance and all the school stuff.

I've booked on a TEFL in March but won't get across for the hot recruitment period in May. Plan to be over by around October.

I did some English teaching in Africa many years ago, then a short stint in a small private school on Ko Samui. Currently working full time in the UK in an account management role. It's no fun, sending me bonkers and it's also the reason I can only get to LOS for 5 weeks a year!

I currently teach Astanga Yoga to Oxford graduates, but i guess that's digressing a bit!

You'll get something mate, maybe not the greatest gig on earth, but enough to live on etc. until something better comes up. So you're doing a course in March but not arriving until October? I assume then you're doing the course in your home country?

Keep in touch and when you get over here drop me a PM and I might be able to help with some work, or at the very least point you in the right direction.