T M N

luckyluke

There is a new Cable TV : ~T M N~; the "DarkSide" office is located on the previous BTV( Banglamung Cable TV) office between Sutawad Temple (Soi Nernplubwaan )and the Elephant Village.

They advertise 80 channels 24h a day for 300 Thb + VAT(Month rate)

Anyone any experience already ?

There is a new Cable TV : ~T M N~; the "DarkSide" office is located on the previous BTV( Banglamung Cable TV) office between Sutawad Temple (Soi Nernplubwaan )and the Elephant Village.

Hi,

Talked to a friend yesterday, who just had it installed in his home. It seems they have a lot of MultiChoice (South Africa) channels including MM1, MM2 and 5 SuperSport channels.

Greg

They seem to be the same group doing Supernet as well!

It's getting a bit confusing, since BTV started all that internet thingy, then it split off to be called supernet, and now BTV themselves are doing internet again!

Hi,

Talked to a friend yesterday, who just had it installed in his home. It seems they have a lot of MultiChoice (South Africa) channels including MM1, MM2 and 5 SuperSport channels.

Greg

If one of the 5 supersport channels is the one that carries the EPL then this is a great deal and I would drop my UBC (True) garbage. If someone has more info on this service please post.

Is it anybody who knows their complete channel listing..?

It could be interesting to compare to Sophoon as an alternative.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can have the list of the 80 channels at their office and you are able to check them there on a TV

• 3 weeks later...

I switched from BTV to TMN today, phone this morning and it was installed this afternoon ( 20 minutes work).

I can now zap 80 channels instead of 60 at Thb 321 instead of 350 Thb (monthly)

Edited by luckyluke

• 1 month later...

Any update to this - Looking at the website english speaking channels are:

BBC world

Fox

Austrailia network

Channel V

MTV

Bloomberg

Euro sport

Fashion

But what about movie channels & the sports?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

+ other English speaking channels :

~ MAX : Radio-Soft Instrumental and Vocals-English

~Business : Stock Exchange

~ Real Stories : Reality show

~Music Lifestyle : Songs

~Boomerang : Cartoons

~MM1 : Movies

~MM2 : Movies

~S1 : Sport

~S2 : Sport

~S3 : Sport

~Newsasia : World News

~R.T. : Russia Today : World News

~Zone Reality : Reality show

Edited by luckyluke

Just got TMN yesterday!

321B for a month

Plus points:

Super sport 1, 2 & 3 all good

Same english channels as sophon ie BBC world, fox, Aus network etc etc

Heaps of Thai channels

Minus points

No Neils, Howard, Pattayamail TV and the aussie bloke - though some might say this is a bonus

No CNN

No m net series / star world type channel

Quailty of the sound & picture - way better than sophon - no need for a booster.

Darkside only me thinks

Just wanted it for Supersports really, maybe Sophon will add them once they notice there missing some customers!

Sweet dreams....I fear.

Dont see why not, just got back from the Kwai and Kanchanburi Cable also have supersports 1,2 and 3, Sophon have supersports 2 on now. Only takes the flick of a switch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys

I just want to resurrect the thread on TMN cable TV as I would like to know if it's worth changing from my current cable company, BTV. TMN has been up and running since about July '08 so we should have some opinions on the professionalism and reliability of the service by now. I would appreciate some feedback from anyone who is subscribing to this cable service.

Banglamung Cable (BTV) seems to be plumbing new depths of awfulness at the moment. Their home-grown English channel has been 'tarted up' and the screen layout now has all manner of cr*p displayed with the useful content appearing in a 'letter box'. OK, the ticker-tape news is useful but rapidly becomes irritating as, naturally, it can't be turned off. Just lately, they have been tinkering with the channel allocations. We have lost Nickelodeon but I thought that things might have improved when we got both Mnet 1 & 2 movie channels. Not so however as the extra Mnet channel suddenly started to show F1 motorsport - already on 2 other channels - and has now transmogrified into a Spanish channel, which is OK if you're Spanish!

And what's with the interminable advertising - I know that this is where BTV's income comes from but it's so badly done. Every time there's a gap in the schedule - what schedule? - they fill it with an endless loop of ads. Always the same ones - aaarrrggghhh!

The quality of the picture and sound leaves much to be desired as well - often the sound is totally absent. Does anyone at BTV actually ever monitor what's going down the cable? Doesn't seem like it!

So, these are my main gripes with BTV. Is TMN any better than this? Seems unlikely that it would be worse but I suppose it's possible. Comments from TMN subsribers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DM

So i've had TMN for 3 months now - TMN sound / picture quailty is great the best i've seen for a cable network in Pattaya, the odd 'no signal' from Mnet movies / supersport 1/2/3 but this is a sat problem same as you'd get from UBC in a storm.

300THB a month i'm happy.

Slightly off topic, but does anybody have a free to air reciever and an omnidirectional / auto dish setup here in Pattaya?? If you do how good / reliable is it??

We had one in the UK initally for the wifes Thai channels, and it was superb!! over 5000 channels (including most of the ones i paid for on Sky too!!) more or less instantly downloaded, the limit on channels only governed by the capacity of the reciever box. At the time the whole setup cost 99 pounds.

There was a mag in UK called "which sattelite" had all the boxes / dishes / tips / ranges etc, anything similar here??

Any experiences?????

• 2 weeks later...

When, if ever, are the Thais going to learn how to do business?!

Who has most of the money here on the east side of Pattaya? Is it the Thai community; or the farang community?

This company has set up in an area that has a rapidly increasing population of expats; nearly all of whom are seeking improved access to farang programming. Yet the company's website is virtually impossible for English speaking potential customers to understand.

Will the Thais EVER learn how to do business?

Available everywhere in Pattaya / Banglamung?

i just tried to get it but not possible yet no cable to us ,as yet we live next to mini siam and have banglumung cable , which is getting worse , thingking of getting satalite from true move any comments on them please.thanks .

• 2 years later...

We live on the Dark Side and one and a half year ago we changed from Sophon to TMN.

They arrived less than two hours after my wife called, we have 92 channels (better quality than Sophon) and they charge THB 1,800 per half year.

Apart from the already mentioned channels, we have:

64 – Pattaya People

67 – Germany (in German and in English)

69 – Japan (in English)

75 – Sweden

83 – Spain

86 – France

87 – Italy

88 – The Netherlands and Belgium (in Dutch)

The leaflet with the channels is in Thai only and so is their website:

http://www.tmncabletv.com/index1.php?p=channel.php

I downloaded the table with the channels and changed it to black and white.

TMN01.doc

TMN01 black & white.doc

We connected up to TMN about a month ago. Sophon is not a choice for our area in east pattaya. The picture quality is pretty good, actually a little better than True, but the english content is limited compared to True. No CNN, it has Fox. Seems like an ok value.