Udon Pad Ralley Turns Violent

ray23

"PAD supporter killed, 20 others in political violence in Udon Thani

Udon Thani - A supporter of the People's Alliance for Democracy was killed and 20 others were injured when PAD-led protesters clashed with their opponents in this northeastern province Thursday afternoon.

Police said about 1,000 anti-PAD people armed with sticks, machetes and iron bars, stormed into try to demolish the stage of the PAD at about 1:30 pm.

PAD guards tried to fight back and the man was killed in the clash.

The injured people were sent to the provincial hospital.

The Nation"

This was bound to happen sooner or later - and guess what?

It was an anti-PAD protester or protesters responsible for this terrible murder.

And further - PAD protesters have never attacked or injured anyone since they started protesting two years ago. Anywhere.

PAD protests - no matter what you may think of them or their motives - are ALWAYS considered non-violent affairs by their supporters -

My condolences to the family of the brave protester who was savagely attacked by these murdering scum.

(Perhaps this story should be in the Thailand News Clippings section)

It was an anti-PAD protester or protesters responsible for this terrible murder.

And further - PAD protesters have never attacked or injured anyone since they started protesting two years ago. Anywhere.

PAD protests - no matter what you may think of them or their motives - are ALWAYS considered non-violent affairs by their supporters -

My condolences to the family of the brave protester who was savagely attacked by these murdering scum.

Here is my take on this and I don't condone violence and am always saddened by the death of anyone....

The PAD knew well that his would happen sooner or later in the north. The anti PAD groups are very organized there and counter any PAD rallies in numbers. It almost happened in Korat a couple of weeks ago when the PAD leader there thought it best to vacate the area. PAD is not anti violence they are trying their hardest to have a confrontation and create an atmosphere where the military will step in and take over the government. In any western country the situation would have been dealt with harshly as soon as they broke through the first police barricade.

If the PAD leaders are so worried about Thai Democracy, and they are not according to there 30% elected MP platform, They would run for office and change the way things are done democratically. The truth of the mater is that few of them would get elected and would be a fringe party at best. They will continue to work in a subversive way going against the law and breaking through police cordons on every occasion, trying to force their ideology down the gullet of the thai populous. If there was an election tomorrow they know that the PPP would be reelected and most surveys feel they would get a majority of the house again.

And on a personal note:_ The PAD is offering cash, food & Teeshirts to those in Chiang Rai who will go to their rallies. I'm sure the same applies to the rest of the country as well. This is the exact thing that the PAD accused the TRT and PPP of with the last anti PAD rallies. Isn't that ironic.

This whole thing has nothing to do with Democracy, little to do with the PAD and everything to do with the old Elite getting back on top of the cash ladder.

Edited by lukamar

This is the second incident in Udon, the first was directed at a Pad leaders business and there wee plenty of riot police in full gear there to keep the groups apart.

This time very few police present, and wearing soft hats, no extra equipment at all. Lots of film on the incident have very few doubts that some will be arrested later. I saw on sce where one of the Pad guys went down. No less then five people surronded him and kept beating him with objects they had in thier hands.

Interestingly enough the only news other then local TV has been from the Nation.

My fear PAD will come back and the next time it wont be just a few and this time and they will mean business.

I've seen a lot of comments about Pad paying protestors, don't doubt it a bit, But I also think the other side is being paid, one has to wonder if this is the Gang that was metioned before. Tha seems to eb the one constant in Politics here.

As the Local TV broadcaster said we don't need this in Udon, I fully agree. Sad to see this in our peaceful community.

This time very few police present, and wearing soft hats, no extra equipment at all.

In the BKKPost one of the major complaints from the PAD was that the police did not stop the pro government group. I may be the only one to find it funny, but the PAD itself pushed through many police blockades in Bangkok, injuring some police officers, stating that it was their constitutional right to do so, but the first time someone else does it it's the polices fault for not stopping them.

This is just the start and there will be a lot more to come in the future. This could turn into an all out range war and if that happens there will be no winner only losers.

This time very few police present, and wearing soft hats, no extra equipment at all.

In the BKKPost one of the major complaints from the PAD was that the police did not stop the pro government group. I may be the only one to find it funny, but the PAD itself pushed through many police blockades in Bangkok, injuring some police officers, stating that it was their constitutional right to do so, but the first time someone else does it it's the polices fault for not stopping them.

If you saw the news report on this you would know it was due to congestion and certainly non violent regarding GENUINE PAD SUPPORTERS ???

This is just the start and there will be a lot more to come in the future. This could turn into an all out range war and if that happens there will be no winner only losers.

B.Post, General news, Friday July 25, 2008

PROTESTS

PAD guard killed as 700 opponents storm rally

YUTTHAPONG KAMNODNAE

UDON THANI : A PAD supporter was killed and 17 others injured yesterday when a large mob armed with knives and clubs attacked a People's Alliance for Democracy rally. The clash occurred at Nong Prachak Silapakhom public park in the municipal area, where around 150 PAD supporters were gathering.

About 700 anti-PAD demonstrators armed with machetes, axes, iron bars and wooden sticks stormed the rally site in the afternoon, attacking the PAD supporters and pulling down the stage.

Not exactly like the peacful Pro-PAD, lukamar

The anti-PAD group was led by Uthai Saenkaew, brother of Deputy Agriculture Minister Theerachai Saenkaew, and Kwanchai Praipana. Mr Uthai allegedly urged his men to kill the PAD guards.

The attackers, in a group calling themselves Khon Rak Udon (We Love Udon), gathered at Thung Sri Muang before marching to Nong Prachak Silapakhom.

Following the attack on the PAD, they paraded around the town and walked back to Thung Sri Muang to celebrate.

Unquote

Ref url :- Edited as Ray posted it prior to my contribution, above, while i was composing this, :o

If you are familiar with the local political situation in Udonthani you will also be familiar with the anti PAD,s violent reputation / bullying tactics.

You will also know who their sponsor and renowned paymaster is and why the no brainers are so willing to do his dirty deeds.

Those who do not agree with his followers / Thugs, are continually haressed and threatened in the local Moo Bans.

As before in these incidents relating to the anti gruop, the governments response is underwhelming as always and predictable.

marshbags :D

May the demised murdered victim RIP and the injured make a full recovery.

No arrests made as far as i am aware this morning and sadly i do not think there will be any !!!!!

Edited by marshbags

You will also know who their sponsor and renowned paymaster is and why the no brainers are so willing to do his dirty deeds.

Got any ideas on who the sponsor and paymaster is to the multi billion dollar year in year out PAD rallies? It sure isn't any of the front men that stand on stage and whine about TS and the government day in and day out. They don't have the combined capital to last as long as PAD has....LOL

There is more than one force pulling on the rope and both sides are weighted with a lot of Baht. We know who is on one end but there is defiantly someone on the other who wants to stay anonymous but is bankrolling the PAD probably for his/her own gains like everyone else in Thailand.

The Nation, Breaking News 24-07-08

Provincial governors ordered to prevent political violence

Permanent Secretary for Interior Ministry Pongpyome Wasaphuti Friday instructed provincial governors nationwide to ensure that political demonstrations in their provinces would not end up in violence.

He said the provincial governors would have to make sure that opposite groups of demonstrators would rally in different locations to prevent clashes between them.

Pongpayome said the governors, who failed to keep order, might be transferred back to the Interior Ministry headquarters.

The Nation

Unquote

Bullsh*t once again, and a typically disingenuous statement put out by the government.

So, Pongpyome Wasaphuti, where is the launch of an inquiry into not only the latest worrying Udonthani scenario, but the other incidents, along with the order to seek out and arrest the suspects.

Then again you will probably know of them already won,t you, but as they are acting in your interest ????????

marshbags :o

Got any ideas on who the sponsor and paymaster is to the multi billion dollar year in year out PAD rallies? It sure isn't any of the front men that stand on stage and whine about TS and the government day in and day out. They don't have the combined capital to last as long as PAD has....LOL

There is more than one force pulling on the rope and both sides are weighted with a lot of Baht. We know who is on one end but there is defiantly someone on the other who wants to stay anonymous but is bankrolling the PAD probably for his/her own gains like everyone else in Thailand.

What is more important is that your paymaster is doing his best to disrupt the country for his own selfish objectives.

Without the PAD, and their supporters, financial and otherwise, Thailand would be in the grip of an and evil dictator and we can all be thankful for their continual harassment of his paid for cronies and partners in crime.

A note of importance being the first one is in the singular as in self interest and not Thailands, the other is in the plural is and selfless benefit of Thailand

We being anyone, including myself, who has an interest in the countries future and democratic, non violent advancement, via birth, or family connections ect. ect.

Edited by marshbags

Perhaps the latest news coming from an interview on channel 3 will assist " Permanent Secretary for Interior Ministry Pongpyome Wasaphuti " in his endeavours to keep law and order.

The Nation 24-07-08

Pro-government activist admits on TV he led protests to beat up PAD protesters in Udon Thani

Kwanchai Praiphana, leader of the Udon Thani Guard Group, admitted during an interview on Channel 3 that he let his supporters to beat up protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy.

Kwanchai vowed to lead his supporters to beat PAD protesters again if they hold another rally in the northeastern province.

On Thursday, Kwanchai led hundreds of protesters demolish PAD's stage and beat up PAD protesters, seriously injuring two of them.

Kwanchai said he had warned local PAD supporters several times not to organise a rally in the province, because he regarded that anti-government rallies damaged the province's reputation.

"Yes, I did it and I am not afraid of legal action because I will be charged only public brawl charges," Kwanchai said.

"I've warned them several times that they must not come here."

The Nation

Unquote

He can now have this self confessed thug arrested and charged with any varying number of charges including murder by association at the very least.

His arrogance is a testament to the power of his paymaster and his total influence on those who are supposed to keep law and order.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Perhaps the latest news coming from an interview on channel 3 will assist " Permanent Secretary for Interior Ministry Pongpyome Wasaphuti " in his endeavours to keep law and order.

The Nation 24-07-08

Pro-government activist admits on TV he led protests to beat up PAD protesters in Udon Thani

Kwanchai Praiphana, leader of the Udon Thani Guard Group, admitted during an interview on Channel 3 that he let his supporters to beat up protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy.

Kwanchai vowed to lead his supporters to beat PAD protesters again if they hold another rally in the northeastern province.

<deleted> Anarchy of the first order and true to form regarding their objectives and those of their paymaster

On Thursday, Kwanchai led hundreds of protesters demolish PAD's stage and beat up PAD protesters, seriously injuring two of them.

Kwanchai said he had warned local PAD supporters several times not to organise a rally in the province, because he regarded that anti-government rallies damaged the province's reputation.

"Yes, I did it and I am not afraid of legal action because I will be charged only public brawl charges," Kwanchai said.

"I've warned them several times that they must not come here."

The Nation

Unquote

He can now have this self confessed thug arrested and charged with any varying number of charges including murder by association at the very least.

His arrogance is a testiment to the power of his paymaster and his total influence on those who are supposed to keep law and order.

marshbags

Both sides have people being paid. It has always been like that in thai politics. However Thaksin and now his crown prince Samak took it one or two steps further. Last year the family was paid 300 baht each to go to Roi Et to show their support for Thaksin. I asked them why they were going? Good money and food for free! During the last election they were offered 500 baht for their vote (for Samak). They were also given money so they could "persuade" others. For every vote they were able to buy they were given an additional 200 baht.

Corruption is widespread in Thailand but Thaksin and Samak took it to a whole new level!

Edited by feffejonsson

I feel it only right that i post the following news item from the breaking news on the Bangkok post website.

Ref url :- http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=129066

Udon Thani governor calls on villagers to reunite

(BangkokPost.com) - Udon Thani governor Supoj Laowansiri called on local villagers to reconcile after a clash took place at Nong Prachak Silapakhom public park in the municipal area, where around 150 People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) supporters were gathering.

Mr Supoj said he is concerned that there would be a revenge.

He also denied reports that there was a man killed in the clash on Thursday.

It is good news if it is true and while it doesn,t make it o.k. regarding the seriousness of what happened, it certainly eases the outcome.

Eventually i also feel obliged to add It will happen unless the authorities take responsiblity and act in policing with the assupmtion all protests are potentially life threatening and dangerous.

The self confessed leader still needs arresting, charging and detaining out of harms way and without bail being given until such times as it,s considered safe to release him. ( should bail be an option, Thai style, that is !!!!! )

IMHO of course

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Well I know what you are saying Marshbags, but at this point he is the only saying no one was killed, it was on channel three the 1630 news again today still saying one fatality, Including condolences from the Udon Police for the person and killed and those injuried.

The brother of the Argicultre Minister who heads up red group, made the statement Channel 3 news that he " let" his followers beat up the PAD. Further he said he led the group there. He had warned the PAD before not to come to Udon. If they come back again he is goign to do it again. Saying that he was not afraid of the law, because the worst they could do is get him for brawling. I seriously doubt that he knew someone was dead at that point.

The only good news I have heard is the PAD has told thier supporters not to ralley in the Proviences and to join them in Bangkok. At least there everyhting is done under a microscope, so a lot less chance of a repeat of this.

These are very troubling times in a Country that I love living in. But everywhere there are good things and bad things. I'm grateful that Politics here really isn't my buisness. But, I feel like the country is trying very hard to tear itself apart. Something has to give somewhere. I hope this time whatever way it goes the opposition will accept the outcome and they go about taking care of the country.

And so the web starts to be weaved

"Natthawut blames PAD for Udon Thani violence

Deputy Government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua Friday blamed the People's Alliance for Democracy for violence in Udon Thani and denied that the government an People Power Party were behind the attack against PAD's protesters.

Natthawut said PAD held smaller demonstrations in provinces with intention to provoke attacks from its opponents.

He said the government would legal measures instead inciting people to clash with the PAD.

Natthawut said the PAD should halt its plan to provoke violence in provinces.

The Nation"

Well I know what you are saying Marshbags, but at this point he is the only saying no one was killed, it was on channel three the 1630 news again today still saying one fatality, Including condolences from the Udon Police for the person and killed and those injuried.

The brother of the Argicultre Minister who heads up red group, made the statement Channel 3 news that he " let" his followers beat up the PAD. Further he said he led the group there. He had warned the PAD before not to come to Udon. If they come back again he is goign to do it again. Saying that he was not afraid of the law, because the worst they could do is get him for brawling. I seriously doubt that he knew someone was dead at that point.

The only good news I have heard is the PAD has told thier supporters not to ralley in the Proviences and to join them in Bangkok. At least there everyhting is done under a microscope, so a lot less chance of a repeat of this.

These are very troubling times in a Country that I love living in. But everywhere there are good things and bad things. I'm grateful that Politics here really isn't my buisness. But, I feel like the country is trying very hard to tear itself apart. Something has to give somewhere. I hope this time whatever way it goes the opposition will accept the outcome and they go about taking care of the country.

Agreed Ray, just leaning on the air of caution in case of the remote possiblity it could be true and the knockers start gleening ammunition to have a go at what,s been posted.

We all know it,s in the interest of the governor to say what he did and is believed to be " confirmed Thaksin / TRT, PPP ect. ect. supporter."

I,ve been trying all day to find out from my local Moo Ban what their take on the situation is as some of the braver souls did go to support the PAD.

Incidently yet again the anti brigate keep going on about the professionals supporting PAD and according to them " do not know what the truth is ", from their misgiuded / brainwashed perspective of course.

One across from my home was shouting her mouth off early this morning about the Dr. she works for, being a PAD supporter to her fellow, equally brainwashed neighbours who have all been well paid to think this way.

They where all waiting to feed the monks in the hope of being forgiven for all their nasty actions the day before.

Hypercritical of the highest order.

May they one day find reality and the truth.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Sometimes it is just beyond belief, should we tell them to watch the Video in the Nation News, might help to figure out who was in charge. Person killed was he speaking of Burriram or Udon. They sure as heck shopwed a heck of lot more people being wheeled into the hospital on the Udon News last night then two.

Those pesky video cams this could be worse thenRodney King before it was over.

On the news last night I only saw cops in soft hats, the video shows a large amount of cops in full gear, standing by barricade. Makes me wonder if because of the hands off approach to the PAD in Bangkok, they actually believed they should not act. Stranger things have been know to happen here.

"Provincial police reprimanded for indifference to prevent clashes

BANGKOK, July 25 (TNA) – National Police Chief Pacharawat Wongsuwan warned Friday he would take disciplinary actions against provincial police officers who failed to prevent clashes or violence between conflicting

activists in their political demonstrations.

Pol. Gen. Pacharawat' harsh announcement came on the heels of two separate clashes between pro- and anti-government activists in the northeastern provinces of Udon Thani and Buri Ram -- the incidents he described as a

"dear lesson" for the local police.

He blamed them for their indifference to the situations and announced that wrongders must be arrested.

Hundreds of protestors of the so-called Udon Thani Guard Group on Thursday stormed into the People’s Alliance of Democracy-led rally in the province and demolished its stage. Some chased and beaten up the PAD supporters,

causing two of them serious injuries.

Udon Thani provincial governor Supoj Laowansiri on Friday expressed concerns over the confrontation following a similar event in Buri Ram.

He said 15 people were injured in the melee but no one was beaten to dead as earlier reported. Four of the injured victims were hospitalised.

Meanwhile, Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said it was a regret that such a violence took place during the demonstration. He called on the government to hunt for those masterminding the attack.

Deputy Agriculture Minister Theerachai Saenkaew strongly denied his involvement in the clash following a report that his brother was the anti-PAD group leader. (TNA)"

This a video form TOC, it' raw footage and be warned some of it pretty graphic.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

Some video footage of what happened is available on The Nation's front page on the LHS.

It's 3.04 minutes in duration and makes for distressing viewing. The police there did absolutely nothing to prevent what occured.

This was Udon Thani - and the same thing could occur in any Thai province you care to mention.

Thailand - a nasty - violent country - whatever you may think of the PAD.

Funny how this video to my knowledge hasn't - in the main - been aired - even in part - on Thai TV.

Sad to see this in our peaceful community.

I've never been to Udon, but you'll have very hard time trying to convince me that it's a "peaceful community".

Yeah, right, on those days when they don't run around the city clubbing people to death.

I know I'm generalising, but what do you want me to make of a thousand men strong lynch mob led by your own member or parlament? Ok, brother of an MP, if it makes any difference in Isan.

Who do you tink should be Udon's spokesman? The MP's brother or that Kwanchai fellow?

"We've beaten people into a bloody mess and we'll do it again. Welcome to Udon."

I've never been to Udon, but you'll have very hard time trying to convince me that it's a "peaceful community".

Yeah, right, on those days when they don't run around the city clubbing people to death.

I know I'm generalising, but what do you want me to make of a thousand men strong lynch mob led by your own member or parlament? Ok, brother of an MP, if it makes any difference in Isan.

Who do you tink should be Udon's spokesman? The MP's brother or that Kwanchai fellow?

"We've beaten people into a bloody mess and we'll do it again. Welcome to Udon."

This is not typically Undonthani and having lived here qwhile i,m in Thailand for 10 years i am horrified at what took place.

I strongly believe most of the thugs who took part in this violent action are not from the locality and where trucked in from other areas.

This was against peaceful protestors, exercising their democratic right to do so and voice their opinions against the government and all it stands for.

Plus, you are welcome to come down / up to Udon and see for yourself how quiet and peaceful it usually is.

It appears to me from your comments you do not appear at the end of the day to understand what and who was behind this organised thuggery. ????

This is happening all over Thailand, were it is out of view of the public nationwide and so you get ignorant people making stupid statements that show just how out of touch with reality they really are.

It is, in my honest and humble opinion, no coincidence that the most infamous thug within the present Government Chalerm was up here a short while ago, supposedly on legitimate government business

Like <deleted> he was and well we all know it.

To indicate that this is anything other than an outside job of organised violence with the objective to terrorise those wishing to carry out their democratic rights is beyond belief.

Your assumptions come across from my perspective, as a local, as being way off the mark when it comes down to reality.

Even when the annual fairs take place It it always chaotic, but i have never seen so many people in an area that could equate to the numbers you see on the video.

Nor do you get much trouble on these days apart from the everyday happenings that take place all over Thailand.

I wish to add, on such times where a mass of people may gather, even for assured peaceful activities, there is and always has been a good support of police ect. to oversee the ongoing celebrations ect. and should anything look like remotely getting out of hand, the response is always immediate.

Consider as an example how they reacted when alledged and mostly innocent suspects of drug activities took place.

Shot and murdered in the closing of an eyelid and mob handed by so called law and order officers.

UNDONTHANI ALONG WITH IT,S CITIZENS ARE IN THE MAJORITY , PEACEFUL AND LAW ABIDING AND DO NOT RESEMBLE IN ANY WAY THE ACTIONS YOU HAVE SEEN ON THE VIDEO AND SHAME ON YOU FOR YOUR UNDESERVING COMMENTS.

How long have you been in Thailand ? Plus as it appears from your post that you haven,t really got a clue when it comes down to the reality of what took place here and is a total third party organised crime, in it,s outright horrific intentions carried out by a majority of outsiders who do not normally frequent the area, never mind the vicinity of Nong Prajak Park.

marshbags :o and very disappointed

Edited by marshbags

Boy, I can see where you are coming from about Udon. There wa a time I would have welcomed your comments, To mnay people were trying to lable it a a tourist town with the excitement that they offer. It is not and never has been. I have eight years experience here believe me this a first . There have been incidents over the years where decided that they were tough guys in Thai bars. That got an education. Thai's don't fight one on one, here or anwhere else. But in all honesty it is usually two drunken farrangs going at each other. But. I would not visit here right now.

An intresting twist Wife was watching the local Udon news last night, seems there was a military General jogging in the park wrong time wrong place. He was attacked by five guys and injuried.

You know I've watched the video now and simply can not believe those Police Officers were not following orders. Now where those orders were originally generated from is a huge question.

When things settle down come on down and visit you will find a exactly waht peopel have said, peaceful bordre i line boring unless you really know you way around

Marvellous job, providing the video Ray.

The usual doubters cannot excuse or deny what is there for all to witness, but then again, iwill not hold my breath.

I watched in on UTV las night and to say i was horrified at what unfolded is an understatement.

There must surely be strong and immediate actions taken.

The thugs involved are all there to see and are easily identifyable, with all the overwhelming evidence required to encarcerate them for many years to come.

For those who were using the questionable pushing and shoving down in the capital in recent times as being unlawful and violent, perhaps now this will hopefully give you a reality check, but then again do you really care what it is ? i tend to think not.

Shame on you all for seemingly subscribing to and approving of the unlawful actions being carried out / organised by this present bunch of thugs and thieves who are supposedly in charge of running of the country and making it a safe place to live in.

May the day come when their sponsor and paymaster receives his much deserved Karma, hopefully starting with the result at the end of this month, along with his partners in crime, one of whom is presently his diong his dirty work as premier of the country !!!!

HTF can any of you justify the actions of this malevolent, self serving cretin and those of his association of the last 8 years who have consistently and rampantly, cheated Thailand, it,s citizens and will if they are successful in changing the constitution, continue with a vengeance. to do so.

This latest show of indiscriminate violence to assist them is just a flicker of what they are capable of and are prepared to do to achieve their objectives.

Like cornered rats they will do anything to get out of their being made accountable and brought to justice.

It will, by comparison put Burma in the shade when it comes to dictatorship.

Thailand is sinking into the abyss of self destruction and survival of the chosen few, it cannot be allowed to continue and PAD must stay the course and not be intimidated by these despicable inhuman individuals.

IMHO as always.

Ye, i know what some may be thinking, but this is not a rant, i am not a violent, bombastical and forceful person, i do in fact compliment the majority of peaceful individuals who represent the PAD and are rightfully angry of what is and has been unfolding since Thaksin was illegally elected the first time around and is intent by illegal means both foul and indiscriminate, force them on the less privileged and weaker members of society.

marshbags :D:o very :D indeed

Edited by marshbags

Boy, I can see where you are coming from about Udon. There wa a time I would have welcomed your comments, To mnay people were trying to lable it a a tourist town with the excitement that they offer. It is not and never has been. I have eight years experience here believe me this a first . There have been incidents over the years where decided that they were tough guys in Thai bars. That got an education. Thai's don't fight one on one, here or anwhere else. But in all honesty it is usually two drunken farrangs going at each other. But. I would not visit here right now.

Not a criticism, but i don,t do the bars and keep in areas away from them so i cannot comment on this.

An intresting twist Wife was watching the local Udon news last night, seems there was a military General jogging in the park wrong time wrong place. He was attacked by five guys and injuried.

I,ve been exercising around Nong Prajak Since before they modernised it and never have trouble, if a bunch of peole are coming towards me i go wide of them, not because i am afraid, just sensible as we all have to be world wide, so nothing out of the ordinary here.

By the way you will problably know one of the princesses uses the park regulary, i,ve seen her several times and a very beautiful unassuming young lady she is also.

The officers who have to be with her during her stay in Udon are all treated with respect and their is no status ever shown and all greet and are greeted with the same reciprocal respect always.

You know I've watched the video now and simply can not believe those Police Officers were not following orders. Now where those orders were originally generated from is a huge question.

When things settle down come on down and visit you will find a exactly waht peopel have said, peaceful bordre i line boring unless you really know you way around

P.S.

I will shortly be going around the park for my daily exercise and socialising with those who do like wise, no problem :o

marshbags

Here is my take on this and I don't condone violence and am always saddened by the death of anyone....

The PAD knew well that his would happen sooner or later in the north. The anti PAD groups are very organized there and counter any PAD rallies in numbers. It almost happened in Korat a couple of weeks ago when the PAD leader there thought it best to vacate the area. PAD is not anti violence they are trying their hardest to have a confrontation and create an atmosphere where the military will step in and take over the government. In any western country the situation would have been dealt with harshly as soon as they broke through the first police barricade.

If the PAD leaders are so worried about Thai Democracy, and they are not according to there 30% elected MP platform, They would run for office and change the way things are done democratically. The truth of the mater is that few of them would get elected and would be a fringe party at best. They will continue to work in a subversive way going against the law and breaking through police cordons on every occasion, trying to force their ideology down the gullet of the thai populous. If there was an election tomorrow they know that the PPP would be reelected and most surveys feel they would get a majority of the house again.

And on a personal note:_ The PAD is offering cash, food & Teeshirts to those in Chiang Rai who will go to their rallies. I'm sure the same applies to the rest of the country as well. This is the exact thing that the PAD accused the TRT and PPP of with the last anti PAD rallies. Isn't that ironic.

This whole thing has nothing to do with Democracy, little to do with the PAD and everything to do with the old Elite getting back on top of the cash ladder.

Are you a staff reporter for the Nation? Your take reminds me of Fox News, CNN International (which is sounding more like Fox every day on an International level, and the rest of the propaganda press.

To say "The PAD knew well that his would happen sooner or later in the north" is like saying a guy who walks around with his money showing deserves to be robbed. The whole thing may not have anything to do with "Democracy," and may have everything to do with the old Elite trying to re-establish themselves, but the present administration has everything to do with taking everything they can get their hands on. To compare what happened at the Government House to what happened here is way off the mark. One was a peaceful demonstration, and the other was a gang of hooligans beating the shit out of peaceful demonstrators assembling peacefully. Isn't that Democracy? Isn't that how you can change the way things are done democratically? This response from the anti-PADs will just lead to more violence which, unfortunately, seems to be the only way to bring about change.

A reliable local source has told me that many of the bystanders ( those not taking an active part in the violence ) were paid 500 baht to attend and support the anti brigade.

The pre organised ones who arrived tooled up, were obviously paid more, along with lots of free Santip to get them in the mood.

Sadly a portion of the supposed bystanders finished up joining them, all animals or what, the B*S*A*DS

EDITORIALS

Law and order must stop mob violence

By The Nation

Published on July 26, 2008

As incidents of political violence escalate, the government must not be swayed by partisan bias

Political violence has begun to take a clearer shape. This is a troubling sign. The clashes have been between supporters of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and anti-Thaksin protesters under the umbrella of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD). Most of the clashes have taken place in provincial areas throughout the country, where the PAD has been spreading its anti-Thaksin rallies. In a tit-for-tat strategy, the Thaksin supporters have also regrouped in an effort to destroy PAD's provincial networks.

It is sad to say that the pro-Thaksin supporters are more inclined to act first with physical violence. They use rotten eggs and other projectiles, slingshots as well as assorted sharp weapons to hurt their opponents. The PAD rallies on the other hand are peaceful, although their verbal attacks against Thaksin and members of the Samak government are mostly libellous. Constitutionally, PAD's members have a right to hold peaceful assemblies to express their opinions, although we do not agree with their numerous unreasonable demands.

In Bangkok, the PAD has been holding its rallies at Makkhawan bridge, while the pro-Thaksin supporters are using Sanam Luang as their venue. Fortunately, a clash in Bangkok has so far been avoided.

But the situation in the provincial areas is quite worrisome and has resulted in casualties. It is a classic proxy fight for political gain in Bangkok as Thai politics is entering a crucial episode with the corruption cases against Thaksin going to court.

On Thursday, the clashes took place in Buri Ram and Udon Thani, both in the Northeast and both political strongholds for the People Power Party. Some 500 members of the anti-PAD group made their presence felt by holding a rally near the PAD's stage at an open space in front of the railway station. Sophon Petchsawang, a former Buri Ram MP, arranged the PAD rally.

Members of the anti-PAD group wore masks to cover their faces. They threw projectiles at the police before attacking the PAD's stage and destroying all microphones and amplifiers. They also threw rotten eggs and fired slingshots at riot police. Some 500 police officers were on hand to provide security in the area. The PAD had to cancel the rally following the clash. The police were only able to apprehend 12 of the Thaksin supporters

In Udon Thani, the situation was also very serious. Pro-Thaksin supporters attacked the PAD rally at a playground in the province. Almost 20 people were injured in the violent incident. There were similar violent incidents in other provinces where the PAD held rallies.

It is strange that instead of trying to contain the violence or bringing those responsible for instigating it to justice, Interior Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung blamed all of the problems on the PAD. If the PAD did not stage its rallies, there would not have been any violence, he said. The PAD members should have run for office if they wanted to solve the country's problems instead of causing trouble by staging rallies, he added.

As the interior minister, and thus responsible for ensuring law and order, Chalerm must refrain from expressing his political opinions concerning this case. He must make sure that the police investigate all violent incidents and bring those responsible for all the trouble to justice. The police have all the video clips on hand, so it should be quite easy to go after the culprits. If Chalerm or the police fail to take a firm stand in guarding law and order, the clashes will spread out beyond anybody's control. By that time, it might be too late.

Unquote

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

On calming down a bit and reading your post again, i apologise for probably taking your comments out of context and might sincerely add your contributions relating to the political scenario have always been a positive one in my humble opinion, for what it,s worth and in the heat of the aftermath of what happened, I failed to appreciate your comments at the time.

You would be more than welcome in Udonthani and i feel confident you would find it a very peaceful, happy place with many positives going for it.

Sorry Plus

Edited by marshbags