Bistro Eurogourmet

JohnBKKK

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, there is NO mention of rice on the ChefsXP web site... I'm sorry you are getting irate about this. But OneThailand and I are both looking, and we're both telling you.. It's not there...

I really dont care... But.. the text you posted to TV is not the same as what's on the ChefsXP web site. Instead of arguing with us or me about it, please look at the real ChefsXP web site, and fix it..if you want.

You said that its not mentioned HERE or THERE that it is not there I will correct but it only came online a coupple of hours ago and I did not have time to check it but did not expect it to be left out - I pushed them to include it because I got lots of requests from here and wanted to make sure onebangkok had his before finishing work

The most commonly served style of the burrito in the United States is not as common in Mexico. Typically, American-style burritos are larger, and stuffed with multiple ingredients in addition to the principal meat or vegetable stuffing, such as pinto or black beans, rice (frequently flavored with cilantro and lime or prepared Spanish-style), guacamole, salsas, cheese,...........

In Mexico, refried beans, spanish rice, or meat are usually the only fillings - wherever I look .. this is from wikipedia I find rice in Burritos ......

Hope this helps!

Cheers

They must have edited it because of space maybe I will make sure they correct it but it is clearly in my description here which is the original text I submitted for the entry

John

John -

Not everyone reads TV before ordering food from ChefsXP - it is that one which has to be right, not the post here, though ideally both would be the same.

I highly doubt they edited "rice" out of the menu item AND the description - how stupid do you think they would look if they delivered the wrong item?

Funnily enough, your posted mouseover does NOT say rice either - only the menu item description you posted.

Edited by onethailand

John, there is NO mention of rice on the ChefsXP web site... I'm sorry you are getting irate about this. But OneThailand and I are both looking, and we're both telling you.. It's not there...

I really dont care... But.. the text you posted to TV is not the same as what's on the ChefsXP web site. Instead of arguing with us or me about it, please look at the real ChefsXP web site, and fix it..if you want.

You said that its not mentioned HERE or THERE that it is not there I will correct but it only came online a coupple of hours ago and I did not have time to check it but did not expect it to be left out - I pushed them to include it because I got lots of requests from here and wanted to make sure onebangkok had his before finishing work

Haha... onethailand in bangkok... thanks for that, I knew you pushed it through though. Please do go back and read your post "mouseover" though.

I'm also getting irate about you turning one bit of tendon into tendon bits - and callingit soggy which the original poster did not which shows me your hostile intentions with your posts !

one thailand had written his report constructively and I had replied thanking him for this and than JFChandler gets involved and adds his malice and the whole ambient discussion goes to shambles ... I would like to ask you for two things 1) do never ever order anything from us again and do not get involved in our thread

John, I have no bad intentions toward you or your business...

But really, in all sincerety, you and your business would do better to LISTEN to your customers instead of constantly arguing with us...

Tonight, you spent a bunch of posts telling us we were wrong, and that the ChefsXP listing was correct... Then finally, you acknowledge it was wrong (no mention of rice) for whatever reason.

And then, instead of saying thank you for pointing out the error, you proceed to want to attack those who are trying to help you do a better job.

For the record, almost everything I've ever cited here on TV as a issue/problem is something you subsequently (without acknowledging it) have talked about fixing to make your product better -- changing your delivery packaging, adding mustard and sauerkraut to your reuben, more mayo for your potato salad, and on and on...

You'd do better to stop fighting and arguing...and focus on improving your food product.

Hey BKKJohn

Jai yen yen.

I don't know JFChandler but have read several of his reviews of other restaurants and am usually in complete agreement with him. I have never seen him criticize a restaurant unfairly or try to be nasty to another poster. I think he only wants to help and is trying to help you improve your product with his suggestions, not just talking to be ornery.

Your restaurant is still on my list of eateries to visit in Bangkok. Keep up the good work in bringing good western food to BKK!

Hi farangene,

it is sometimes dificult to cha jen jen here especially when jfchandler gets involved. I'm the last one to start arguing over valid criticism and if you look at my response to onethailands entry you will see that I welcomed his points. Its jf's style of writing (I believe he states that he was a journalist before retiring) that shows the malice:

one piece of tendon becomes BIT"S of tendon

a moist soft Burrito that may have become a bit too soft becomes "soggy"

He tries to turn even the tiniest point into a big negative and blows it out of proportion. Ok, there may be the off chance of a bit of tendon having slipped through QC but Jesus Christ that can and does happen in any restaurant. The chicken is coated in BBQ sauce and BBQ'd and even with the utmost care can a bit of soft tendon slip through.

The Burrito is thin and soft - its a soft flour Burrito which is why most places wrap it into foil or paper when serving. At the Bistro they arrive at the table perfect but we are encouraged to send out food in chefsxp contaners so my staff used one of this one instead of a foil wrap - I have straight away achknowleged this and given instructions to change to the foil wrap for out of house Burritos. Now jf hammers arroud on this point calling the Burrito soggy, not actually having tasted it himself. It was also the first one we had send out since the article only came on-line at about 7pm and each product fares different during transportation.

onethailand wants more majnaise on his potatoe /egg salad .... I agreed but since every customer is different we will add more majonaise in a seperate container for the customer himself to add - we had send out lots of those and also to lots of repeat customers and that was the first time I heard this. We have some customers at the Bistro who live on this on a near daily basis and none has ever asked for more majonaise but I want our delivery service customers to be satisfied even if they do not use the mayo.

The Jalepenos - of course I also blacken/BBQ the Jalepenos to get the full flavor. They may not be appearing as green uncooked Jalepenos and we also offer hot sauce extra if someone wants more heat

Here is another typica example "more mayo for your potato salad, and on and on..." here he implies that there are numerous problems which simply is not true - since we started with the delivery service there may have been two or three problems (I do not count things like "too little majonaise as a problem but as a customers preference) due to the nature of such a service to which we had to adjust. There are no such "problems" in the Bistro itself since if the customer wants more majonaise/mustard etc.. he will simply ask for it and of course get it.

As a whole,jf is not attempting anything but to harm our business by jumping in on even the slightest issue without direct knowledge and blowing it up to a major issue.

John

a moist soft Burrito that may have become a bit too soft becomes "soggy"

As you will note, I said it fell apart - that's not a bit too soft (which I would've been ok with) - it was literally soggy. I had to get a fork out.

onethailand wants more majnaise on his potatoe /egg salad .... I agreed but since every customer is different will add more majonaise in a seperate container for the customer himself to add - we had send out lots of those and also to lots of repeat customers and that was the first time I heard this. We have some customers atthe Bistro who live on this on a near daily basis and none has ever asked for more majonaise but I want our customers to be satisfied even if they do not use the mayo.

It was about a teaspoonful, John. No exaggeration - it essentially means I paid another 30 baht for a boiled egg.

Speaking of which I am still eating the potato salad and cole slaw now... delicious.

The Jalepenos - of course I also blacken/BBQ the Jalepenos to get the full flavor s they may not be appearing as green uncooked Jalepenos and we also offer hot sauce extra if someone wants more heat

That explains why I didn't get them on the side. So if that's the case - then the blackened jalapenos were delicious - don't care for the pickled ones.

Hi onethailand

It was about a teaspoonful, John. No exaggeration - it essentially means I paid another 30 baht for a boiled egg.

nope, for as you noted a very big portion of potato salad with a boiled egg :o but we will add the extra majonaise from now on in a seperate dish

We sold 14 portions of Burrito's at the Bistro today and they were all perfectly soft and moist plenty of customers compliments as to the tortilla itself and the stuffing / taste texture etc.... the delivered Burrito should be fine with the different packaging - the idea is that a Burito should be moist - not dry - and the soft Tortilla as thin as possible which is no problema when serving direct to the table

As to the filling, I'm making new ones tomorrow since we nearly sold out today but I have to add rice since they are pre-made at our main kitchen before being vacum packed and send to the Bistro - later I will make different ones with different stuffings - as to the missing mentioning of rice as an ingredient on the website, there was simply not enough time from the article going in and your order - I did state it clearly in here though and copied it over - why it was missing I do ot know, may be it got pushed out by some setting or it somehow slipped during copying .... I do not view the rice as a negative but an essential part of the Burrito and made no attempt to hide it since it was stated here clearly.

John

Hi onethailand

nope, for as you noted a very big portion of potato salad with a boiled egg :o but we will add the extra majonaise from now on in a seperate dish

Haha. Not complaining about value for money, it was very good.

We sold 14 portions of Burrito's at the Bistro today and they were all perfectly soft and moist plenty of customers compliments as to the tortilla itself and the stuffing / taste texture etc.... the delivered Burrito should be fine with the different packaging - the idea is that a Burito should be moist - not dry - and the soft Tortilla as thin as possible which is no problema when serving direct to the table

Agreed - and agreed. One solution might be to poke a hole or two in the top of the container to let the heat escape... I suppose that defeats the purpose of the container though!

As to the filling, I'm making new ones tomorrow since we nearly sold out today but I have to add rice since they are pre-made at our main kitchen before being vacum packed and send to the Bistro - later I will make different ones with different stuffings

You mean the rice is added in first? Which basically means I can't ask them to leave it out or put it on the side?

I understand what you're doing - after all you're a food manufacturer first and foremost - but surely you can teach your staff in the Bistro to cook, and not just heat up? :D

Now where's that fatty pastrami you said was coming soon? :D

Agreed - and agreed. One solution might be to poke a hole or two in the top of the container to let the heat escape... I suppose that defeats the purpose of the container though!

The foil wrap has proven perfect for the Reuben sandwich and I'm sure it will do the same for the Burrito - I will also brush them very slightly with a bit of olive oil on the inside which will prevent steam from penetrating

John

p.s. one more comment to the filling of the Burrito - as with all our products I insist on top quality raw materials - we use free range chicken which is not exactly cheap and put the meat (after BBQ with about 20% weight loss) of 2 whole thighs into each Burrito - I weigh them after BBQ than the meat is taken off the bone - the Choriz sausage is also not cheap to make and the only reason we can offer this product at such a price is that we produce the sausage ourself. The reason I use thighs is that themeat has a lot more flavor than breast. Using breast would be a hel_l of a lot easier for production but I believe the flavor is of prime importance.

Hi all,

yesterday I send the following instruction to chefsxp for additional products to be included in our menu which will enhance it further

Carolina pulled Chicken Burger 220G - first marinated in our BBQ sauce and than slowly charcoal grilled to perfection B 160.00 + VAT

Mouse over: whole chicken are marinated for 24 hours in our own renowned BBQ sauce before slow roasted on a spit over real charcoal for ultimate flavor and tenderness - the meat is than pulled off the bone and 220G portions are used for each of these great Burgers - the skin is removed and crisped up (removes all the fat) and than placed on top of the chicken to add crispynes as well as additonal flavor - a true Gourmet Burger and unique in Thailand - served with French Fries and coleslaw

am finishing those today and they should be part of the menu by Saturday morning opening -

Eurogourmet House Wine - red - 200ml B 120.00 + VAT

You may want to enjoy a glas or two of a nice red Wine with your lunch or dinner but do not want to open a Bottle - our red Italian House Wine has great body and is smooth with lots of flavor - not sweet but fruity and a good Nose as well - since glass bottles would be a problem for delivery, we will decant the wine into a plastic bottle ONLY after receiving your order, so the maximum time it will spend in the plastic bottle is 45 Minutes and there will be no loss of its great flavor or any flavor contamination from the plastic - 200ml is the same as 2 normal wine glasses served at our Bistro and is prisewise probably the best deal in Bangkok

I figure that if you enjoy a Glass or 2 with your dinner or lunch that this is a great deal

John

JF,

Give the man a break!! They are offering TAKEAWAY, of course there is going to be a difference in the quality from the restaurant were the food comes straight out of the pan onto your plate.

It is very simple, if you don't like the food or service DON'T buy his food and please SHUT UP!!

Cheers

Tatler

The comment above is not about the quality or his food or lack thereof...

It was about an error/discrepancy between the food provided and what was described on the ChefsXP web site... It had nothing to do with whether food survives delivery vs eating in.

Maybe you should follow your own advice, so you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

The comment above is not about the quality or his food or lack thereof...

It was about an error/discrepancy between the food provided and what was described on the ChefsXP web site... It had nothing to do with whether food survives delivery vs eating in.

Maybe you should follow your own advice, so you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

So you haven't commented about soggy food and meat with pieces of tendon in it?? why the constant nit picking and arguing about anal points??

The truth is that there are almost no GREAT Western Restaurants in Thailand as you would find in Paris, San Francisco or New York. To me, its always a case of "good, for Bangkok", so I don't understand anyone getting too judgemental about places that are just not that good compared to the best in other countries.

On the other hand, restaurants that represent themselves as being GREAT are going to take some flack when it becomes very obvious that they are really pretty hit and miss. I am pretty sure that I will like Bistro Eurogourmet, because I like the way John thinks about food and because I am willing to give a lot of leeway - I don't expect every dish to be good every time and I am not expecting Chez Panisse for under 500 baht. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

The truth is that there are almost no GREAT Western Restaurants in Thailand as you would find in Paris, San Francisco or New York. To me, its always a case of "go :rolleyes:o d, for Bangkok", so I don't understand anyone getting too judgemental about places that are just not that good compared to the best in other countries.

On the other hand, restaurants that represent themselves as being GREAT are going to take some flack when it becomes very obvious that they are really pretty hit and miss. I am pretty sure that I will like Bistro Eurogourmet, because I like the way John thinks about food and because I am willing to give a lot of leeway - I don't expect every dish to be good every time and I am not expecting Chez Panisse for under 500 baht. :D

Hi Ulysses - Tatler - finally voices of reason even though I do not agree one hundred percent :o it does not matter which restaurant you go to, if you are looking for something to nitpick about you will find it - this accounts for here as well as abroad - its simply a state of mind and not the quality of the food. If you set your mind to finding a fault (the salad cream was a bit to sour ..... the cumberland sauce on my ham was slightly on the sweet side which ruined my whole day and had me ponder suicide ... and so on...) now, doing this is one thing but to actually not having eaten the food himself and going on like this based on someone elses critique is taking the crown.

I also keep the standard continually high since this is the same food we supply to 5 star Hotels and consistancy is important. I had to make some adjustments, mainly in packaging for delivered food but this was new to us and all problems have now been solved. As to the main arguments about the website of chefxp not showing the exact same as I announced here .. well I send them an e-mail yesterday to include the rice as an ingredient in the Burrito and they have now listed it as a seperate item to be served with this dish .. it will probably take until after lunch for this to be corrected - I have no controll of this process what so ever but I know they are doing their best.

One problem for them is also that we are updating our on line menu frquently at the moment to find the right product mix for the web / delivery service.

John

I would like to ask you for two things 1) do never ever order anything from us again and do not get involved in our thread

Why does this guy remind me of the restaurateur in Seinfeld episode 116? "No soup for you."

How strange. Most small business owners would find value in honest criticism from customers. But no, JohnBKK takes every critical comment personally, while ignoring all the positive comments, and then goes on the offensive to attack and insult customers who've taken the time not only to give him business but to provide feedback. Maybe I'm missing out on some decent cuisine but I just can't take this type of attitude, which is not atypical by the way, so I'll be steering clear of this establishment.

I would like to ask you for two things 1) do never ever order anything from us again and do not get involved in our thread

Why does this guy remind me of the restaurateur in Seinfeld episode 116? "No soup for you."

How strange. Most small business owners would find value in honest criticism from customers. But no, JohnBKK takes every critical comment personally, while ignoring all the positive comments, and then goes on the offensive to attack and insult customers who've taken the time not only to give him business but to provide feedback. Maybe I'm missing out on some decent cuisine but I just can't take this type of attitude, which is not atypical by the way, so I'll be steering clear of this establishment.

Regarding taking some criticism, I think John does this better than most, Considering the source of it on this forum (no names mentioned but just scroll up), this particular fellow seems to be always complaining, first about his ex seeming to be a bit expensive for his tastes, next came The Huntsman for allowing smoking and of course John's service.

The only thing Atypical, is how typical your post is. Perhaps John's food / packaging isn't perfect all the time but instead of nickle and diming the guy to death like a couple of crybaby school teachers, I suggest you try opening a restaurant, respond to requests from TV members for a delivery service and then listening to yourself complain about how the photos on the website don't look exactly like what you recieved.

Give me a break.

I think that you have a point, but it can't be easy having people nit-pick in public about food that you have worked very hard on and are proud of. I would suggest that folks giving honest constructive criticism might PM John, so that it is easier acept when legit and easier to swallow. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Regarding taking some criticism, I think John does this better than most, Considering the source of it on this forum (no names mentioned but just scroll up), this particular fellow seems to be always complaining, first about his ex seeming to be a bit expensive for his tastes, next came The Huntsman for allowing smoking and of course John's service.

The only thing Atypical, is how typical your post is. Perhaps John's food / packaging isn't perfect all the time but instead of nickle and diming the guy to death like a couple of crybaby school teachers, I suggest you try opening a restaurant, respond to requests from TV members for a delivery service and then listening to yourself complain about how the photos on the website don't look exactly like what you recieved.

Give me a break.

Not quite sure how my comments can be taken as crying like school teacher, when all i asked is why my order was incomplete. I ordered through chefxp, which at the time clearly stated the sandwich came with coleslaw and frenchfries. All i did was ask what happened to rest of the order. Im sure if you went anywhere and ordered something on the menu, and only half the order came you would be upset. Still not quite sure how that makes me a crybaby, or a nit picker. I wasnt even upset until the comments that followed. Comment like that doesnt come with that, you are mistaken. Instead of taking the time and investigating a legitimate complaint you tell the customer there wrong. When all that was needed was sorry there was a miscue between us and chefxp with the menu description. Yes that came eventually but not before the personal attacks and rants. Which some were deleted.

Regardless of how it was handled i do wish John and his shop continued success, just hope he doesnt attack everyone that says something that isnt a compliment cause he has issues with one poster.

Actually more aimed at someone else but if whatever, like someelse stated, if you have a big beef (no pun intended) with John then PM him with your complaint...pretty sure he would respond.