Bistro Eurogourmet

JohnBKKK

I must get by to try Bistro.

I buy Eurogourmet products quite often for home so I am sure the quality should be good.

But one piece of friendly advice, get some new pictures taken of your products (even if you have to employ a professional) as I'm sure the ones in this topic are not doing your dishes justice.

Cheers

Hi Percy,

thank you for the vote of confidence :D yes, all come out of the same production at the same quality level - we have no different grades for different venues

Hmmmmmm the pictures ..... would love to appoint a real "Food Photographer" to take pix of all our products but since we have quite a substantial list, this would cost a fortune and I would have to raise prices which would not make our customers happy ....... look at it like this ... in most cases the photos on menu's look better than the actual food ... in our case it's the other way round and they also taste better than the photo looks ... :o

Do try the Bistro, you will not be disappointed and I can asure you, its probably the best value in town - top quality for a very low price

John

Nearly out of Burgers - got to make new ones today since yesterday we had lots of Burger orders - I happened to be there when a chap came in ordered a Bacon Burger, now those are big 200G Burgers with a good portion of french fries and cole slaw - he ate it and I was just about to ask if he had enjoyed it when he ordered "same again please" ... well I didn't bother to ask anymore after he finished the second one :D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in yesterday for the goulash/gnocchi (again) and this time I also tried the Reuben beef burger. My god it was good. My wife generally has a rule that I can only eat out at farang restaurants once a week, so yesterday I starved myself throughout the day so I could eat a massive meal when I got to the bistro, and thus defeat her attempts at getting me to look after myself.

One more time.

If I get by there on Friday evening - can I have chilli & cornbread?

Thanks

Hi dotcom,

sorry, but I'm making the Chilli and Corn Bread today, Friday and it will be available from Saturday Lunch on,

John

HI all,

for some unknow reason there was no corn flour available today so I baked another bread with Habeneros - Jalepenos and cheese - goes very well with the chilli and for those who think its too spicy, we also will have french bread available,

John

went in (again) today for the chilli and the pulled pork burger. I'll be sad when my wife comes back and I can't hit the bistro three times in a week. :s

Hi Chucler,

so will I ... so will I :o

pleasure meeting you and glad you enjoy our food,

John

Hi all,

ok, I have to make a special 2 course meal for a customer and if I get enough responses here,we are going to have it as next Saturdays special at the Bistro:

Starter - Potatoe Gnochies in a creamy Gorgonzola sauce served with Ciabatta bread

Main - Osso Buco in a red wine sauce with fried Polenta (slice of Veal shank in a red wine and celeriac sauce)

its a bit up the Gourmet food scale - only by pre- booking by Wednesday since I have to make it Thursday for the customer for a function for 100 people and I will make some more for the Bistro.

The price will be THB 450.00 - not cheap but consider the cost of the ingredients - I guess in most Italian Restaurants this would set you back a lot more,

JOhn

please pm me if you like to enjoy it

post-30681-1218512934_thumb.png instead of the pasta we have the Polenta since the starter is kind of rich

post-30681-1218513385_thumb.png shown as main course

Hi,

I do appreciate that location is a bit of a problem and we are going to be listed on chefxp soon however, those saturday specials like the one this saturday have to be ordered in advance since I need to know how much to make - mostly we do a week long special like for example the chilli which we will now actually continue as part of the regular menu becauseit is so popular .... but this saturday's special will be only this saturday and I asure you, special it is ... just ordered 5kg of Gorgonzola for production for my wholesale order tomorrow and its imported Italian not Australian and not cheap but the result is going t be fantastic ... and so will be the slow braised Osso Buco, :o

John

Hi,

I do appreciate that location is a bit of a problem and we are going to be listed on chefxp soon however, those saturday specials like the one this saturday have to be ordered in advance since I need to know how much to make - mostly we do a week long special like for example the chilli which we will now actually continue as part of the regular menu becauseit is so popular .... but this saturday's special will be only this saturday and I asure you, special it is ... just ordered 5kg of Gorgonzola for production for my wholesale order tomorrow and its imported Italian not Australian and not cheap but the result is going t be fantastic ... and so will be the slow braised Osso Buco, :o

John

I love Osso Buco

Hi John:

I wanted to give you a heads up regarding your stock at Villa at 33.

After reading your reports that you are stocking this and that at Villa, I went in there on Saturday to get my fill of your goodies.

However, after searching and searching what can only be described at 'the most un-organised' meat department in Thailand, I finally came across the area where Euro-Gourmet products should be.

I am not sure how much stock you give these guys, but there were none of your products in your display area - sold out?

Anyways, just thought you would like to know and maybe tell Villa to up their order with you. Any chance of seeing your products in other stores, :Foodland perhaps?

Thanks

James

Hi John,

thanks for keeping the last portion of Gnocchis and Osso Bucco Saturday at the Bistro for me.

Could come only evening but must say fantastic, especially price wise.

The Weizenbier of course did the rest.

What is next weeks special ?

Seppl :o

JohnBKKK: Your products might be good, just when writing an email to your shop to buy something I didn't get any reply......

So I guess your sausage is so good that you want to eat it alone....

uote name='h90' date='2008-08-19 18:23:31' post='2155362']

JohnBKKK: Your products might be good, just when writing an email to your shop to buy something I didn't get any reply......

very funny :o

we had a problem with our internet router for the last few days but this has now been fixed , sorry for any inconviniance

best regards

John

HI all,

this Saturdays special (pre bookings please) 23/08/2008

French Potato & Garlic Soup - creamy and highly delicious

Cordon Bleu with Gorgonzola Cheese filling served with delicate Potato Cakes and Vegetables

John

very funny :o

we had a problem with our internet router for the last few days but this has now been fixed , sorry for any inconviniance

best regards

John

got a reply now :D

HI all,

Cordon Bleu with Gorgonzola Cheese filling served with delicate Potato Cakes and Vegetables

John

I'll be in on the weekend, but I'll skip the special because I'm craving a burger! (or 2 ... )

Edited by Chuckler

HI all,

John

Hi John,

Please book me in for two people about 1 o'clock.

Hi John,

Please book me in for two people about 1 o'clock.

Hi Colin,

thank you, done,

here the picture of tomorrows special - just had it for dinner :o crispy breading and very tender meat with the Gorgonzola adding tremendous flavor

post-30681-1219405711_thumb.png

The Potato cakes in the foreground are light and creamy with a lovely crust and the spinach is simply saute'd in butter, onions and garlic - great flavor

and the soup ... my absolut favorite french Vichysoise (potato & garlic soup) served normaly cold but if customers prefer we serve it hot too

John

p.s. made a sh..load of Branston Pickles today for a customer on Koh Samui .. made some extra, will be on sale at the Bistro as of tomorrow - mind you, I never figured why they call it pickles since it is really a relish - 200G 120.00 Baht

Whew. I have another review of Euro Gourmet to bloatedly whip out. I can only bear to read these forums when full to the brim or else I get too hungry to concentrate.

I have only the time (and permission) to eat out at raahn-aa'hahn falang once per week. Lately I've had no inclination to go anywhere besides the Euro Gourmet bistro. And since I'm making up for a whole week, I usually skip breakfast and try to cram two meals in a row at the bistro, thus thwarting the wife's attempts at controlling my waistline.

So this morning I rocked up and had the mexican breakfast with a kasekreiner, and several beers later, took John up on his suggestion that he could now provide a bluecheeseburger with the gorgonzola that formed the basis for his gnocchi sauce and cordon bleu in recent specials. (I had previously requested a bluecheeseburger on this very forum).

The mexican breakfast was a tortilla, scrambled egg, chorizo sausage and cheese amalgamation, which was very tasty, and aroma while I waited was good enough to make me even hungrier. When eaten with the kasekreiner (which it doens't normally come with, this was an addition of my own invention) the meal is definitely not for the diet conscious, as I could feel my arteries clogging as I scoffed. The salsa accompaniment was delicious and tasted of guacamole and coriander.

The bluecheeseburger was a work of art. The gorgonzola topped the beef like a rich sauce. The beef on John's burgers is pretty impressive - I think only venison matches it for concentration of flavour per gram. 200 grams (I think it is) on these burgers feels like much more. As I've said before, the chips at the Bistro are actually good (I normally don't bother with chips) and go really well with the coleslaw.

On the whole, a fantastic morning-afternoon. I will surely miss the bistro when I move to CM later this year.