Bistro Eurogourmet

JohnBKKK

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Bistro Eurogourmet about 10 minutes from the Ekamai BTS? I will be visiting in a week or so if I can find it! :o

Hi Ulysses.

It is quite a bit further than that. Soi 23 is just before the road splits, one branch flies over Petchburi Road. Be on the left & it's the very last Soi on the left before the "branch".

Depending on traffic it is 10 to 20 minutes in a taxi from BTS Ekkamai. You can come from Petchburi but it's a pain to make a U turn.

When I visited....I did the "taxi up from Ekamai" route.....and didn't realize that the location is pretty much all the way up to Petchburi Road... On that day, the traffic was a mess going up and back....and it probably did take 15-20 minutes of mostly sitting in a barely moving taxi.

It's certainly too far to walk from Sukhumvit Road.... So if I had to do it over again... I might taxi up to Petchburi...bail out at the corner of Petchburi and Ekamai, and then walk down Ekamai.... Once you get to the soi on Ekamai, the restaurant is maybe a 5 minute walk down that side soi to the location.

Hi,

thanksfor your nice comments Chuckler and the Blue Cheese Burger will be added to our standard menue coming week.

There are a few relatively easy ways to get to the Bistro:

From Petchabury turn into Ekamai - right into Ekamai Soi 21 - next Soi right again left at the end and you are only 100yards away

From Ekamai BTS take a Taxi up Ekamai and left into Soi 23 - or a motorcycle

From Tong Law - turn right into Tong Law Soi 20 (which is Ekamai Soi 21) and half way down left into the first Soi than laft again at the end or when at the Bridge, walk down to the side of the Klong and along the walkway (wide clean and good) and 5 minutes later you'll be at the Bistro

From Sukhumvit Soi 3 - go to the Pier on the Klong and hop onto one of the many Boat-Taxis 15 Baht and at most 10 Minutes later and you are at High Tech Tower

By car, the quickest way is either Petchabury or Tong Law,

John

Ulysses -

The best way for you is to get off at Ekkamai BTS station - walk back to Ekamai Rd, where you'll see California WoW across the street (you'll be on the side with that crap Thai coffee place). Cross the street, then go up Ekamai about 50 yds and you'll see a whole bunch of Daihatsu-type songthaews, which will take you all the way up the soi for 5 baht. They're pretty quick.

Near the end of the soi, you'll see a pedestrian bridge, and a soi to the left just before Ekamai goes up the overpass. Go down that soi and stay straight - as you reach the temple area, keep a bit to the right, and you'll eventually see it about 5 minutes from the mouth of the soi. Might be easier to follow the Hi-Tech Tower signs because that's where it is.

I've done the walk up Ekamai before - it's too hot to do it now, but it will take you a good half hour at least.

Well, now we've done it, as of either tonight or tomorrow morning we have a menu on the Chefsxp website for anyone to order. This should enable anyone living further away from Ekamai to enjoy our food at home,

John

Our menu on chefsxp

Or those nearby but too lazy to walk in the wrong direction! :D

Now you've done it - my mouth is watering after looking at the menu - but it says "Upcoming" :o

Would also love to see pictures so you know exactly what you're getting - if it's possible, that is.

I am going to try this out at the earliest opportunity...

Edited by onethailand

Well, now we've done it, as of either tonight or tomorrow morning we have a menu on the Chefsxp website for anyone to order. This should enable anyone living further away from Ekamai to enjoy our food at home,

John

Our menu on chefsxp

Or those nearby but too lazy to walk in the wrong direction! :D

Now you've done it - my mouth is watering after looking at the menu - but it says "Upcoming" :o

Would also love to see pictures so you know exactly what you're getting - if it's possible, that is.

I am going to try this out at the earliest opportunity...

Great News!!

John

Our menu on chefsxp

The chefsxp site says it's the same as your restaurant prices. Is that true? Prices seem to be different from your bistro's website. Do your website prices include vat?

I don't mind paying a little more for chefsxp (it's a small difference, and it was really difficult going to the Bistro the first and only time I went); I'm just curious if ChefsXp is true to their word when they claim it's the same price as the restaurant.

:o

John

Our menu on chefsxp

The chefsxp site says it's the same as your restaurant prices. Is that true? Prices seem to be different from your bistro's website. Do your website prices include vat?

I don't mind paying a little more for chefsxp (it's a small difference, and it was really difficult going to the Bistro the first and only time I went); I'm just curious if ChefsXp is true to their word when they claim it's the same price as the restaurant.

Hi,

yep, the only difference is that at the Bistro we do not charge VAT but ChefXP has to. That is the only difference,

John p.s. it might take a little longer to have everything arranged so I expect us to be on-line tomorrow since we are currently waiting for the packaging etc..

John

Our menu on chefsxp

Hi,

yep, the only difference is that at the Bistro we do not charge VAT but ChefXP has to. That is the only difference,

John p.s. it might take a little longer to have everything arranged so I expect us to be on-line tomorrow since we are currently waiting for the packaging etc..

Fair enough... :D

Made it home in time... ordered hummus bi tahini, Dutch croquettes (chicken) and the Reuben burger.

Chefs XP made it in good time - food was hot (obviously as the Bistro is not that far away).

Daughter and wife liked the croquettes - I found them a bit spicy but otherwise good.

Daughter also liked the burger but asked "Why is it so hard"? - indeed, gotta say that the burger was packed quite hard, so good value but a bit hard to bite into. And a bit well-done but I didn't specify my preference so can't argue there, and the seasoning is fine.

Hummus - not bad, came with pita bread as well. Was expecting a bit thicker but maybe that's just because I'm used to the way it's served in the Arab restaurants in Soi 4. Flavor was nice.

Next time... the ribs... and maybe some of the sausages. Kudos John!

One more thing - any chance of putting cole slaw on the menu? That was very good... had to fight my wife off just to get a bite!

(still waiting for Reuben to make the menu, plus Jewish pastrami... and perhaps if you can make croquettes, you can make bitterballen?)

Edited by onethailand

Hi,

thanks for using our service through ChefsXP - glad you made it in time :D

Seems that overal you enjoyed the food which makes me happy - as to the Burger, we vacuum pack them straight after charcoal BBQ'ing them - I will reduce the vacuum power in future which causes the firmness which a lot of customers like though, so I will find a "middle" way there.

The Chicken Croquettes are one of my regular meals as well and yes, I know and can make Bitterballen which are made with Beef, but a lot of people will not know them .. lets see if we get a few more Dutch customers and than I will also make Frikandellen

Glad you liked the Hummus I have bee told by a number of 5 star Hotels which we also supply with our Hummus bi Tahini, that is is the best the have had and their arab clientele loves it - I learned how to make it in Cypres - we do not use filler, but 100% Chickpeas (quite expensive here) and Tahini (own production) which makes it more creamier than the ones on Soi 4 where ...................

:o yea yea the cole slaw - will put this and a few other things as "extra orders" on the Chefx menu by next week -

Ribs .. got to make a huge volume of ribs for a large 5 star hotel by the river tomorrow and always make a lot more for the Bistro since the ribs sell extremely well - sausages oh yes, just made a batch of "Krakauer" (smoked Beef and Pork sausages) and the Cajun Andouille (Pork - onion and garlic - smoked over beachwood for about 6 hours) - I would also recommend ... oh well they are different but all good (customers comments) :D

Reuben will be on the Menu this Saturday - the Beef is ready corned and will be cooked tomorrow - I will also bake the Rye Bread tomorrow and sauerkraut and emmental cheese are at the ready - Pastrami is coming soon

Thanks again for your custom and hope to have you back soon,

John

John

If I remember to do it - will order for late lunch tomorrow :o Though delivery will be to a different area, going to have to ask ChefsXP if that can be arranged.

Those sausages.... yummm....

John

If I remember to do it - will order for late lunch tomorrow :o Though delivery will be to a different area, going to have to ask ChefsXP if that can be arranged.

Those sausages.... yummm....

ChefsXP should have no problem with that, as long as it is in Bangkok,

best regards

John

Hi John,

I ordered a few items last night via ChefXP, good and unique quality food.

The TG I was with, not known for liking farang food enjoyed the Chicken Empanadas ;-)

One constructive comment I would like to make would be to foil the food rather than just use plastic containers.

Hi John,

I ordered a few items last night via ChefXP, good and unique quality food.

The TG I was with, not known for liking farang food enjoyed the Chicken Empanadas ;-)

One constructive comment I would like to make would be to foil the food rather than just use plastic containers.

Hi Harry,

thanks for ordering from us via ChefsXP - it was our first day and it went extrermely well (the wife who heads the Bistro was nackert last night :o )

Glad you and your TG enjoyed the food. I'm not surprised the GF liked the empanadas since I make the spicier South American version which I call real Empanadas rather than the Spanish version. The spices and herbs used in for example Venezuela have a lot in common with those used here.

As far as the containers are concerned, this you will have to take up with ChefsXP from where we get the packaging which we have to use. Those are Microwaveable which apparently is important since a number of customers order bulk and freeze for later re-heating. I will have a word with the MD today and see if we can't have foil as well as a customers choice,

all the best and hope we can be of service again soon,

John

p.s. the chicken empanadas sold out last night - making new ones today for this evening

Hi John:

I too placed an order last night, the sausage combo, the austrian kasen.. and the hungarian goolashy thingy.

Comments:

Order was handled without a fuss on chefsxp.com Arrived all the way over on Sathorn in just over an hour.

To the food, overall very good. Wifey liked the goolag but a big overseasoned for my taste.

Sausage combo was good, mash potatos were excellent.

Austrian kasen sausage still remains my favorite.

Re packaging: overall the plastic containers are fine. Not much point in putting a teaspoon of mustard in that little plastic baggie when I have 5 big sausages on the order, same with the ketchup and mayo. Just my opinion, for basic condiments like mustard, mayo and ketchup, not much need for them at those quantities (although if I order from my office for lunch some day they may come in handy).

Next time I will try the ribs (after your description above).

Cheers

James

Ordered the Cumberland Sausage with mashed potatos and onion gravy (me) and the German curry sausage with curry sauce and fries (tgf) from ChefsXP last night. The food was delicious, especially the mash! Can you deliver bottles of Weihenstephaner wheat beer as well?

Also, very impressed with ChefsXP - excluding the banks, this is the best web-site I've used in Thailand by far (and as good as the banks) - everything worked first time, even has space to type in route instructions. Compare it with trying to book a ticket on the Major Cineplex web-site which is impossible as far as I can tell.

I received an email confirming receipt of my order immediately and then an email notifying me that the restaurant had received my order and the driver was on his way. Food arrived hot and within the time specified. Deliveryman polite and very smartly dressed.

I might even try food from some of their other restaurants once I've eaten everything on the Bistro menu!

Will the Reuben sarnie be available next week at the Bistro as I am away this weekend (train strikes permitting)? I haven't a clue what they're like, but everyone seems so enthusiastic I would like to try one.

Hi Colin,

glad you enjoyed our fare - will check with the MD of ChefsXP about the Wheat beer and will post it here .. its my absolute favorite as far as wheat beers are concerned - mind you as with any wheat beer, after the 4th bottle one gets this sort of pregnant feeling :o

The Reuben will be on all next week and if we get a lot of orders for it, it will become part of the standard menue - even baked our own Rye Bread for it today since what's available in themarkets is not up to scratch

thanks for using our service and I'm sure the MD of chefsxp will be equally delighted about comments of their service - he takes customer satisfaction really serious, very unusual here but I back him 100% on this,

John