Bistro Eurogourmet

JohnBKKK

Next time I will try the ribs (after your description above).

Cheers

James

Hi James,

thanks for your order- I must say I have been telling the wife that the amount of ketchup or mustard is not enough for even one sausage never mind the big sausage platter but in the Bistro its easy, we serve bottles of the stuff and customers ca help themselves - I will have another word wit her tonight

I assume you had the Goulash .... hand on my heart there are no chillies in there - but Hungarian Goulash is traditionally spicy ... otherwise it would just be a beef stew :o - making more Kaesekrainer next week to fullfill demand :D

hope you might make it down to the Bistro once in a while on a Saturday to have a chat,

best regards to the wife too

John

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

here is today's special - the world famous Reuben Sandwich on our own Rye Bread

post-30681-1220061542_thumb.png

since ChefsXP has proven to be very effective with lots of orders ever since we joined, I have to say that I produced for about 30 servings (mainly the Bread) - so it may be possible that we run out eventually!

B 245.00 - Served with French Fries and cole slaw as well as a Hengstenberg Pickle

John

John,

your Reuben sandwich looks great!!

When you gonna open a franchise here in Phuket?

Gerd

Thank you Gerd,

let me asure you, it tastes as good as it looks :o as to opening a branch or franchise in Phuket, that is on the cards - hopefully before the season starts .. well if there is one this year,

John

Hi,

since ChefsXP has proven to be very effective with lots of orders ever since we joined, I have to say that I produced for about 30 servings (mainly the Bread) - so it may be possible that we run out eventually!

B 245.00 - Served with French Fries and cole slaw as well as a Hengstenberg Pickle

John

Had the Reuben a couple of days ago, excellent! The bread was also amazing, nothing beats homemade...just one thing, though, on your menu, what is the difference between a Reuben on rye or a Reuben burger? Because it seems only the burger comes with the fries, coleslaw and pickle, I didn't get anything but the (ENORMOUS :o ) sandwich with my order.

Hi,

John

Had the Reuben a couple of days ago, excellent! The bread was also amazing, nothing beats homemade...just one thing, though, on your menu, what is the difference between a Reuben on rye or a Reuben burger? Because it seems only the burger comes with the fries, coleslaw and pickle, I didn't get anything but the (ENORMOUS :D ) sandwich with my order.

Hi,

thank you very much for your comments. Glad you enjoyed our Reuben Sandwich - the Reuben Burger is totally different it's a 250G Beef-Burger instead of corned Beef - with Sauerkraut and Emmental cheese in a Burger Bun - also great but different - the Burger comes with FF, coleslaw and pickle - I figured, considering the size of the Reuben Sandwich that additional condiments would go to waste :o

Try the Burger, its great (not only my opinion but lots of customers opinion)

thanks again and hope to be of service to you again soon,

John

p.s. agree 100% - am baking more Bread again tomorrow for the Reuben Sandwich which is now a standard item in our menu - nothing beats real Rye Bread

Hi John:

I popped into Villa again last sat night (after my restaurant fiasco on soi 31) and thankfully you had a good quantity of stock on hand there.

Tried those andalucia (andalooey?) sausages, great stuff as usual.

Two questions (requests) if I may.

Firstly, any chance off stocking the Austrian "Drive Me" Krazikeiner as well?

Secondly, any chance of your products at places other that just at Villa on 33, say a tops or foodland?

Cheers

James

Hi John:

I popped into Villa again last sat night (after my restaurant fiasco on soi 31) and thankfully you had a good quantity of stock on hand there.

Secondly, any chance of your products at places other that just at Villa on 33, say a tops or foodland?

Cheers

James

Hi James,

hmmmm ... you must mean the Cajun Andouille sausages - glad you like them, I personally also think they are great, smoked for some 8 hours with fresh garlic and onions in them .. a wonderful treat. Mind you, those are the Cajun ones (southern states US) - you would not want to try the original french version in which they use a lot of stuff swept off the floor of the abetoire. :o even the French say "its an aquired taste" ...

Just made the Kaesekrainer again for a customer and have a couple of KG left for the Bistro - however I got another shipment of Emmental in and will make more next week for a customer and to stock at Villa.

We are currently negotiating with carrefour or as the thais call it carfuuuuu but everything is a bit on hold at the moment thanks to the situation caused by some very unwise people.... hopefully things will get back on track soon and I expect us to be present in three or four stores of theirs within 2 month's.

By the way, I do recommend you give the Empanadas a try ... added the Beef ones as well - they are great starters or snacks and perfect if you have guests as fingerfood - I use real jalepeno peppers - lots of flavor and not too hot - initially I made one large one per portion but now one portion contains 3 smaller ones - they are easier to handle

John

Hi John:

Cheers

James

Hi James,

hmmmm ... you must mean the Cajun Andouille sausages - glad you like them, I personally also think they are great, smoked for some 8 hours with fresh garlic and onions in them .. a wonderful treat. Mind you, those are the Cajun ones (southern states US) - you would not want to try the original french version in which they use a lot of stuff swept off the floor of the abetoire. :o even the French say "its an aquired taste" ...

Just made the Kaesekrainer again for a customer and have a couple of KG left for the Bistro - however I got another shipment of Emmental in and will make more next week for a customer and to stock at Villa.

We are currently negotiating with carrefour or as the thais call it carfuuuuu but everything is a bit on hold at the moment thanks to the situation caused by some very unwise people.... hopefully things will get back on track soon and I expect us to be present in three or four stores of theirs within 2 month's.

By the way, I do recommend you give the Empanadas a try ... added the Beef ones as well - they are great starters or snacks and perfect if you have guests as fingerfood - I use real jalepeno peppers - lots of flavor and not too hot - initially I made one large one per portion but now one portion contains 3 smaller ones - they are easier to handle

John

I hate logging on here in the morning and reading John's post on an empty tummy! Will give the empanadas a try soon.

cheers

james

After an original eat-in experience at Bistro EuroGourmet that was decidedly mixed based on their hamburger and Mexican breakfast offerings, I decided to give the bistro another try the other night and take advantage of their new listing for delivery service with ChefsXP.com.

As usual, ChefsXP was dead-on with an accurate order, delivered on-time, in less than an hour to my door. My order for the night included the Reuben sandwich with fries and cole slaw (262 baht), the Carolina pulled BBQ pork sandwich with cole slaw and fries (150 baht), and the Cajun Adouille sausage, french fries and cole slaw (128 baht) -- all of the above ChefsXP prices including VAT.

As much as I wanted to have a good experience with the food, for the reasons explained below, once again, it just didn't happen and left me once more disappointed. First, as an aside, and I'll be the first to profess that Bistro EuroGourmet is hardly alone in this, the menu item photos and the actual meals delivered are fairly far apart in resemblance, as the photos below can attest.

post-53787-1220615548_thumb.jpg

Menu Reuben

post-53787-1220615588_thumb.jpg

Delivered Reuben

Regarding the Reuben sandwich, it's great that John has added it to his menu.... The corned beef certainly was tasty, as was the melted cheese. And as others have attested, the sandwich is huge and a good value for the price. Mine came actually as two separate sandwiches on bread baked-sliced in the usual sandwich-bread shape.

However, the rye bread was sliced fairly thick and cooked pretty dry/hard, so by the time it arrived for eating, the overall taste and experience was VERY BREADY and DRY....pretty much overwhelming the corned beef taste. That and, while the sandwiches had a modest spread of mustard applied, the order came with not a single little cup of extra mustard to add, even though all the french fry orders came (without any request) with cups of mayonaise and ketchup. Add to that the side order of cole slaw, which actually tasted great, but came in such a small cup (one or two forks-full portion, the same for all the menu items) as to barely qualify as a menu item listed side-dish.

post-53787-1220615660_thumb.jpg

Thick on bread and thin on meat

post-53787-1220615678_thumb.jpg

Barely a Forkful of Coleslaw

In contrast, the BBQ pork sandwich arrived on a hamburger-type bun that was very soft and moist, no complaints there. The meat tasted great, tender and full of BBQ flavor. But my hopes for a high rating were dashed when in eating the meat of just one sandwich, I ended up much to my surprise biting down on 5 different hard, little pork bone shavings/fragments inside the sandwich -- not a big deal, except that they'd be enough to crack a tooth if you bit down on them hard in the wrong way. And I wondered, how'd they get into the midst of my sandwich, in the first place???

post-53787-1220615744_thumb.jpg

BBQ Pork Sandwich

post-53787-1220615764_thumb.jpg

Bone Shavings Found Inside

Lastly, the Cajun sausage tasted great, although there was only a single good sized sausage included in the order. But, for the price, which again included a small side of french fries and the miniscule cup of cole slaw, it'd be hard to complain about the value. Rather than a meal, though, it ends up being almost like an appetizer snack, albeit a tasty one.

post-53787-1220615825_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, the one well-executed sausage wasn't enough to save the overall disappointing experience left by the overly dry and bready Reuben sandwich and the bone-shavings-filled BBQ sandwich. Add to that the tiny cole slaw servings and the missing extra mustard on the Reuben, and it left me once again searching for a better experience at Bistro EuroGourmet.

Hard to figure how you could get any bones in a pulled pork sandwich. First off you should start with a boneless pork butt (shoulder), and then after 12+ hours of indirect heat, pulling, shredding and chopping the meat. Maybe they added the crunchy bits afterwards for texture?

Love the slaw BTW. Can't imagine you could make a smaller portion without a microscope!

And the Rueben looks inedible.

OK, Mr. Chandler agian = here we go

1) Our photo is made in correct lighting and at an angle so one can see the cheese melted over the corned Beef and the color comes through correctly - your has been taken from the top, probably done with a phone camera - others have called our Reuben exellent and outstanding and mentioned the great Rye Bread especially which is an important part of a real Reuben sandwich - the cut I have to admit is a bit uneven and I shall have words about this tomorrow with my staff -

We put a generous portion of Dijon mustard on the bread which in case of delivery will of course be partially soaked up by the bread but be still present in moisture and flavor - we put 1/2 pound of corned Beef on each sandwich which so far all customers have found more than ample. Of course, each sandwich is assembled by hand (in a glove) and looks different form the other. In the case of delivery, we can not fit a whole sandwich into any of their containers so we make 2 instead.. no one had so far complaint about that.

As to the sandwich being dry, the sauerkraut is a integral part of a Reuben and adds ample moisture - it does not show in your picture however also the picture is taken from the underside which is of course the least attractive side of any sandwich.

2) The pulled Pork Burger - we sell about 50 of those a week by now and a lot to repeat customers with not a single complaint - I make the pulled pork myself since I'm the only one who can stand the heat penetrating the plastic glove and I use pork shoulder for this which has no small bones in it, and I feel the meat of course when I pull it ... how you could have had those small bones in yours is beyond me but I'm happy that you could taste the BBQ flavor

3) The sausage - Cajun Andouille is about 180G and with the french fries can hardly be called a snack and for 128.00 baht incl. VAT surely very good value - I must say though that I admire how you accomplish to make a positive comment, yet turn it into a negative. Example: although there was only a single good sized sausage included in the order

Now to the cole slaw - its not ment nor mentioned as a salad and it tasts so good because we make it fresh every day and use a good majonaise together with some spices and fresh lemon juice to lift the flavor - I have already instructed the staff to increase the portions of cole slaw but they are Thai after all and I shall remind them again as well as doing spot checks

John

1) Our photo is made in correct lighting and at an angle so one can see the cheese melted over the corned Beef and the color comes through correctly - your has been taken from the top, probably done with a phone camera - others have called our Reuben exellent and outstanding and mentioned the great Rye Bread especially which is an important part of a real Reuben sandwich - the cut I have to admit is a bit uneven and I shall have words about this tomorrow with my staff -

We put a generous portion of Dijon mustard on the bread which in case of delivery will of course be partially soaked up by the bread but be still present in moisture and flavor - we put 1/2 pound of corned Beef on each sandwich which so far all customers have found more than ample. Of course, each sandwich is assembled by hand (in a glove) and looks different form the other. In the case of delivery, we can not fit a whole sandwich into any of their containers so we make 2 instead.. no one had so far complaint about that.

I must admit to having been put off by the photos. You say there's a half-pound of corned beef in there - in the photo it doesn't look nearly like that much, or else the cut was very poor. If you notice, jfchandler also has a side shot of the sandwich, which really does not look anything like your photo.

You can't expect to have had many complaints, considering you've only had delivery available for a short time.

If indeed, the quality between delivery and eat-in is that significant, I will end up going to your bistro to sample one instead LOL. But please, no Dijon - I'm American so French's or Heinz or nothing.

2) The pulled Pork Burger - we sell about 50 of those a week by now and a lot to repeat customers with not a single complaint - I make the pulled pork myself since I'm the only one who can stand the heat penetrating the plastic glove and I use pork shoulder for this which has no small bones in it, and I feel the meat of course when I pull it ... how you could have had those small bones in yours is beyond me but I'm happy that you could taste the BBQ flavor

Hmm.

Maybe they weren't bones, but over-dry pieces of pork (heck, it happens). Either way they shouldn't have found their way into the sandwich - in the US the custom is that the restaurant will replace it free. I was going to try this too - but again maybe I'll just have to get my lazy ass on over to the Bistro instead.

Please do note that I (and I think jfchandler) don't mean to say your food is not good, we all know it is - but we do mention the bad with the good so that you can improve. It is in everyone's best interests since you will gain more business over time - and we don't want you to stop selling the stuff, that's for sure.

Now to the cole slaw - its not ment nor mentioned as a salad and it tasts so good because we make it fresh every day and use a good majonaise together with some spices and fresh lemon juice to lift the flavor - I have already instructed the staff to increase the portions of cole slaw but they are Thai after all and I shall remind them again as well as doing spot checks

John - please, please - let us buy a tub of coleslaw (the round burger container is perfect) - I cannot eat just a bite or two of coleslaw if it's good, it actually upsets me that I cannot get more of it! Like taking candy from a baby, I think you understand what I mean? There is not a chance that the amount of cole slaw served - even if you stuffed that container to overflowing - would be enough. I'll PAY for good coleslaw.

The only other half-decent coleslaw that I've found is at Tony Roma's - I *always* order an extra serving to go along with that silly little amount they serve with the entrees.

Incidentally, my wife says the same about kimchee. She gets mad when all she gets is a couple of pieces with the entree, we always have to order TWO extra servings of kimchee to satisfy her.

I must admit to having been put off by the photos. You say there's a half-pound of corned beef in there - in the photo it doesn't look nearly like that much, or else the cut was very poor. If you notice, jfchandler also has a side shot of the sandwich, which really does not look anything like your photo.

You can't expect to have had many complaints, considering you've only had delivery available for a short time.

If indeed, the quality between delivery and eat-in is that significant, I will end up going to your bistro to sample one instead LOL. But please, no Dijon - I'm American so French's or Heinz or nothing.

Hi onethailand,

those photos would put anyone off and it is not fair to show badly lit, color distorted photos of food items in an open forum. We have sold some 30 Reuben sandwiches over the week partly in the Bistro and partly through chefsxp and his is the first complaint. Trust me, some of our regulars would have complained instantly if it wasn't perfect. He is also the only one who complained about the Burger - there is a patern developing.

There are many entries here about our Burgers and people love them and there are also entries about our Reuben with equally positive results and no one had so far complained that our sausage portions were not adequate - they are large sausages or if smaller sausages are ordered like the Krakauer, we serve 2

There is no difference between Bistro served and delivered food - only presentation of course - if you do not like Dijon mustard or anything else, all you have to do is mention it when ordering and in case of the Reuben we will use French's

I'm always open to constructive criticism but taking those technically terrible pictures is neither constructive not does it show the real nature of the food - on that note, there can be no bones in the pulled pork burger because there are no bones in pork shoulder but due to the very long, slow BBQ process some semi dry pieces of meat do happen which I remove when pulling the pork - he may have been unlucky or me by overlooking them but he surely must be able to note the difference between a dry piece of meat and a bone ?

If that does happen and hey, nobody is perfect, he can call chefsxp and complain who will in turn contact us and he will get a free replacement - but that should be done within a reasonable time frame from the order arriving

Coleslaw is now available as an extra in our chefsxp menu and so is wheat beer and some other items

John

Hi onethailand,

those photos would put anyone off and it is not fair to show badly lit, color distorted photos of food items in an open forum. We have sold some 30 Reuben sandwiches over the week partly in the Bistro and partly through chefsxp and his is the first complaint. Trust me, some of our regulars would have complained instantly if it wasn't perfect. He is also the only one who complained about the Burger - there is a patern developing.

John -

One cannot expect people to have studio settings when taking pictures of food. It's not a color issue that bothers me - everyone knows that photos sometimes are off-color - but it's clear from his side-shot that the meat is thin (or rather, hidden inside the bread) and it doesn't resemble your picture at all.

1 in 30 is not bad - but as you also know, 30 is hardly a large enough number to make light of. If you have sold 100 and only get 1 complaint, I might agree. But ultimately your goal should be 100% satisfaction as with any restauranteur.

Retail business is a real pain. I ran a cafe and I had to deal with the weirdest complaints sometimes. But I am my own worst customer - I will not serve anything I wouldn't eat myself - and I frequently complain at restaurants when I believe I am not getting what I asked for. Not so much in Thailand, as complaining is basically useless - but at a Western outlet, or sometimes a Western or hotel outlet in Thailand - I will certainly do so. And inevitably it's those outlets that have problems and listen and try to make things right that I return to more often than not.

Maybe it's the fact that we're American - and used to size/quantity/taste that is different from others - but you should also know that the most picky of all are Japanese - everything must be perfect - and this is why Japanese food (served by Japanese chefs or owners, of course) is typically of extremely high standard.

In your case - you're one of a very few places that serves high-quality European and American foods - it would be a huge loss to us as customers if you quit the business - so rather than saying "Your food sucks", which is typical when there's plenty of choice, we actually tell you what we think is wrong in the hope that you will make it better.

Another example - my daughter's classmate's parents run The Garage. I told my daughter that the food sucked... literally... but then I got to meet the parents at a school function - and decided that perhaps I could help them make the burgers better.

Strangely enough - when the father made the burger himself - it was absolutely awesome - but when the cooks made it, it was never the same and always had a fault of some sort. So I told them what I thought was happening and they understood and agreed - but the trouble is that the cooks don't listen or get trained then move to different jobs and they have to start the training process all over again.

I told them one day I would visit The Garage at All Seasons without their knowing - and this I did yesterday. And actually, the burger tasted fine - except that it fell apart in my hand - and the cheese was clearly dried out on the corners, meaning it hadn't been properly kept. So the next time I see them, I will tell them again. The last thing I want is for them to go out of business - which means I have to search again for another burger to my liking.

This is why I make comments - without seeing you in person, this is the fastest way to reach you. I suspect it is the same with jfchandler though I don't presume to speak for him. The fact that he was willing to give you a second try should be considered a compliment of sorts - no one continues to try bad food or bad service.

There are many entries here about our Burgers and people love them and there are also entries about our Reuben with equally positive results and no one had so far complained that our sausage portions were not adequate - they are large sausages or if smaller sausages are ordered like the Krakauer, we serve 2

There is no difference between Bistro served and delivered food - only presentation of course - if you do not like Dijon mustard or anything else, all you have to do is mention it when ordering and in case of the Reuben we will use French's

You already had my comment about your burger - it's a good burger, but it still isn't quite what I personally want from a burger. You may or not be able to deal with this in some manner - but if I don't tell you, you will never know - and from my experience, a lot of people won't complain either, but they will never go back - this is the Japanese way for sure.

Sausages - believe it or not, the reason I haven't ordered the sausages is because I'm afraid of getting one piece as well. I happen to love sausages - especially your Kasekrainer - but one piece is not enough for me. In fact, when I go to German restaurants and order sausages, it's the same complaint - I want more! Not that there's anything wrong with serving one sausage, mind you - if anything it should be taken as a compliment that they want MORE than one!

Do note that your menu does not mention how many pieces of sausage in each order - if anything, I personally would be grateful to know that number, as well as having an opportunity to order a meal with two sausages, or an option to add another piece.

I'm always open to constructive criticism but taking those technically terrible pictures is neither constructive not does it show the real nature of the food - on that note, there can be no bones in the pulled pork burger because there are no bones in pork shoulder but due to the very long, slow BBQ process some semi dry pieces of meat do happen which I remove when pulling the pork - he may have been unlucky or me by overlooking them but he surely must be able to note the difference between a dry piece of meat and a bone ?

See my comment about the photos above - we don't all have SLRs and studio lighting handy. No one is concerned about color correctness.

Regarding the pulled pork burger - he said shavings or fragments. Think of ribs - they have a bit of skin which can sometimes be pulled off - these, I presume, is what he is calling a shaving. Certainly, in his photo, they don't look like bone to me. They do resemble the membrane/skin on ribs, though. And as strange as it sounds - I am one of those people who would have difficulty biting on hard things - hence why I prefer hamburgers and sausage!

Coleslaw is now available as an extra in our chefsxp menu and so is wheat beer and some other items

EXCELLENT! Either tomorrow or Sunday... for the Reuben, can I ask that the rye bread be toasted but not hard? Otherwise I'll have to eat around the edges haha...

Edited by onethailand

One cannot expect people to have studio settings when taking pictures of food. It's not a color issue that bothers me - everyone knows that photos sometimes are off-color - but it's clear from his side-shot that the meat is thin (or rather, hidden inside the bread) and it doesn't resemble your picture at all.

I use simple daylight and a small digital camera

Well he did make an effort to find a side where the meat looked thin - however without considering, that during transport the corned beef has slipped to one side since there is a layer of moist sauerkraut there as well and its being transported on a motorcycle. I make the Reuben and the Bread as close to Katz's Deli's Reuben as possible but instead of 500g of CB (which I find way too much) I use 300g - They use a good firm Rye Bread with flavor which is why I bake my own since such is not available here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 in 30 is not bad - but as you also know, 30 is hardly a large enough number to make light of. If you have sold 100 and only get 1 complaint, I might agree. But ultimately your goal should be 100% satisfaction as with any restauranteur

Of course I do but as you surely know, this is virtually unachievable since for one the Goulash is "too spicy" for another "he want's it more spicy" and so on, so one tries to find the middle of the road - uses the best quality in raw materials - example Burgers - I have last week spend considerable time on improving the texture of our Burgers and am now sure that they are "the best" in Bangkok. I'm a perfectionist as far as food is concerned and cooking is not just a "job" for me, but a passion.

I do not understand the argument about "the single sausage" though - if a customer wants more than a single sausage he/she can order 2 or the sausage platter which offers 4 different sausages at a great price. As you know, our sausages are of the highest quality using pork shoulder and where required bottom round of Beef and we use the best french fries available - we aim at between 150G - 200G sausage weight depending on the type. Yesterday I made a new batch of Kielbasa (50KG) for a customer and the Deli containing 20KG of bottom round Beef and the rest is pork shoulder and pork fat (20%) there is not a gram of filler in there - they are juicy yet firm to the bite and have been smoked over imported Beachwood (Baht 1,500.00 per 15KG bag) - the taste is absolutely awesome - now, how many of those (each weighs about 150G+) am I suppose to sell at B 120.00 ??

The pulled Pork Burger - calling those firmer bits bones and pointing out the danger of cracking a tooth has to be concidered as malishious - I personally love those bits, they are chewy but full of flavor just as they are with ribs but I still remove them when pulling the pork - however it is possible that some escaped me when I was making 120KG of pulled pork of which 110KG was for a Hotel customer for a party and their feedback (trust me they complain quickly) was one of 100% customer satisfaction.

John

John, I'm very sorry you cannot seem to accept constructive/accurate criticism....

A lot of the things OneThailand said are dead-on... I did try your restaurant a second time because I want to like your food, and hope you get better. I would have loved to have written a great review, but your food on this latest order wouldn't let me.

I think quibbling about the quality of photos is silly and off-point, and that may suit your purpose rather than responding to what the photos in fact show. But for the record, the bread color depicted is exactly what I received, very dark and not anything close to your web site photo. And phone camera or not, the photos accurately showed the relative thickness of the reuben bread vs. the content of the meat. I assure you, I could have taken the same photo from any side angle, and the impression would have been the same. Unfortunately, it is your web site photo of the reuben that is VASTLY misleading relative to what you actually are serving. It is tantamount to lying to your customers.

About the pork sandwich, I don't know what other thing was in my meat. I know, those 5 bits were thin and dark colored, as I said, like shavings or shreds of something. But... very hard, not anything with a meat texture that could be chewed... I don't know if it was bone or cartledge or what. But, those small pieces were VERY hard. And, I included a photo of them for the record.... If you think I'm making such things up, it's pretty sad...

And, the fact is, for some reason, you do automatically send ketchup and mayo with all your french fry orders, but you don't send any extra mustard with your reuben. And the fact is, your Cajun sausage order is just one piece, even though your menu doesn't say that. While confessing to be a tall guy with a good appetite, I would simply say, one sausage and a handful of french fries doesn't make any kind of meal for me.

And, the fact is, in my previous post, I had a lot of positive things to say about your meal: the corned beef tasted great, the cheese on it was good, and the BBQ pork was very tasty, except of course for the things inside. And as I said, the Cajun sausage was very tasty as well. Now, if you'd just fix the problems with your food, I'd only have good things to say. And that's what I'd prefer.

PS - It's good of you to inform folks about the ability to call ChefsXP when there is a problem and request a replacement item(s). I wasn't aware they and/or you had the policy. If I had known that, I would have done so both for the reuben and pork sandwich I received.

I only point out this particular one:

"the fact is, your Cajun sausage order is just one piece, even though your menu doesn't say that"

Here is our sausage menu from ChefsXP which very clearly shows either singular i.E. SAUSAGE or plural SAUSAGES and it even shows how many like for example Thueringer = 2 or Krakauer = 2 - in case of the sausage platter it gives detailed information on mouse-over

Considering that you are western and competent in the english language as you have shown, this fact does put a certain value on the whole thing :o

I rest my case

John

SAUSAGES

[ g401 ] German Curry Sausage 107.00

[ g402 ] German Bratwurst 107.00

[ g403 ] Thueringer Rostbratwurst (2 pieces) 107.00

[ g404 ] Austrian Kaesekrainer 128.40

[ g405 ] British Cumberland 107.00

[ g406 ] Euro Sausage Platter 235.40

[ g407 ] Cajun Andouille Sausage served with French Fries and Coleslaw 128.40

[ g433 ] 2 German Krakauer Sausages 117.70

[ g434 ] Kielbasa Sausage 117.70

What's today's special?

:o

Hi,

we keep with the Reuben for this week but I have 2 days ago prepared a huge ham which will be ready by next Thursday for cooking and I'm planning as a special for next Saturday:

Cooked Ham with mashed Potatoe and white Asparagus complimented with a sauce Hollandaise

hope that will tickle your tastebuds

was going to have it as a special this week, but since I wanted it on the bone (for real flavor) I had to order it and it was delivered 3 Days later as expected

John

tried that already.

is Chili Con Carne available today?

OK hope you liked it and found it ample :o

Chili Con carne is always available please state if you want it with rice!

John

What does the chili come with? chips or crackers or rice?

Note: I will use chefxp if ever...

you can ask for mashed potato rice or flat bread (standard - works very well)

Well, I see things have gotten a bit heated since Friday.

I can see both points of view in the debate... some like the hard bits and French's mustard, some like dijon and no hard bits.

Personally, I wouldn't use anything but dijon but that's my preference and as we have seen everyone has his/her own tastes.

As a suggestion for the mustard situation and perhaps this would help with the delivery issue, why not put the bread and condiments seperate from the meat and let us assemble it when it arrives (prevents the bread from soaking up too much mustards, juices etc on the trip over).

Perhaps the Reuben is one of those items that doesn't travel well?

Regarding the sausage sizes and quantities, I think they are correct for the price. Try the combo on the menu for 230 baht where you will get four good sized sausages.

In conclusion from my point of view, I see no problem with offering our suggestions / recommendations to John and I am sure he will do his best to get things sorted. However, I think we all need to keep in mind that his is about the only restaurant I have seen on TV that even bothers to respond to negative comments and the service (delivery) has only been going for a couple of weeks.

Thanks

James