Possibly Really Awesome All-night Jungle Party..

chanchao

We all know about the current crap closing time policy.. But.. I came across a flyer for what looks to be a really cool party, completely away from it all. Venue is well North of Chiang Mai near the Mae Ngat lake inside Sri Lanna national park, then they go by BOAT way up the lake (which is huge) to end up at the 'jungle party' venue.

It's organized by the Chun-Ki people, I think (just a guess) they're mostly younger NGO types roughly related to the Empower foundation that aims to support and educate Thai sex workers. (I find Empower a very common sense kind of NGO as far as sex-trade related NGO's go. Like no religious crap and no pressuring women to find a different line of work: they only provide support and education to give them the option of a different line of work if and when they choose to. Another striking thing about Empower people is that I have yet to catch a single one of them at even a hint of negativity towards bar operators or customers; there just is none. In respecting the girls and the girls work, they also respect their customers and employers, and Empower people do seem to enjoy themselves too when going out to bars and chatting with girls and customers alike) Profits of most of their parties go to Empower, but not this one; according to the flyer, expenses are quite high for this one and they didn't want to raise entry and drink prices too much. (I would agree prices are extremely reasonable. )

I was at one of their parties last Friday, they rented out a restaurant way out down on the river. Was a lot of fun, good crowd. 80 baht mixed drinks like Vodka Orange, Gin tonic etc, 200 baht for a Sangsom + Coke bucket. Being a sex-trade related NGO, also plenty of bargirls/freelancers made it to the party, which does add to the atmosphere I have to say. :o So a good mix of people.

...Who knows, stuff like this may evolve into what the Full Moon party is for Ko Pha Ngan....

Anyway, the flyer info:

----------------------

"Mun-Ki" The all night Jungle Party

In the same vain as Chun-Ki's city parties, these events promise wicked DJs, great music and cheap drinks. But Mun-Ki takes it to the next level by transporting you to a jungle paradise, providing all night food and drinks, bonfires, 4x3 meter beat-synced visual projections, and much, much more. [Hm, just the things that come to mind as obvious choices for national parks.. :-)) --Chanchao ]

Party fee: 150 baht, includes 1 free tequila, boat taxi, party entry

Taxi service to Sri Lanna: 40 baht each way

Taxi pick up point: True Blue / Outback bar (Near Thapae Gate on Moon Muang Road)

Taxi departs: 5pm Sharp (!)

Last boat to party: 8pm

National Park fee: 20 baht for Thais and tax card holders, 200 baht for foreign tourists

Return to Chiang Mai : Taxis provided from 8am Saturday morning onwards (!)

More Info : Call 05-036 2707

-----

chanchao, you just discovering these chunki parties? they've been going on for about 3 years now. not organized by ngo types. mostly teachers and a few oddball sound engineers and djs. and they choose a different charity every time they have a party.

munki is definitely not for charity, but it's sure to be a fantastic party. this is their second one. the first one was in july, out at the same place.

really, if you've got nothing else to do and can get away for the night, check it out.

Hmmm and the trouble and strife will be away for the weekend.... :D  :D

Is that your wife in your avatar? How could you possibly think of doing the dirty on her? - she's absolutely beautiful! So, who is it? :o

If that was my wife, I'd would have to be very, very rich or a very handsome chap..sadly neither :D

Its a picture of an Indonesian lass that a mate sent to be a while ago. (The orig was a little rude :wub: )

And as for doing the dirty on "she who must be obeyed" I'm not into that, but love a drink and a laugh every now and then.

Anyway, I've got an appointment on Friday night so I'll have to be a good boy. I actually told her that the appointment buggerd up this party thing and she looked at me and said "sucked in" :D

If that was my wife, I'd would have to be very, very rich or a very handsome chap..sadly neither :wub:

Its a picture of an Indonesian lass that a mate sent to be a while ago. (The orig was a little rude :) )

And as for doing the dirty on "she who must be obeyed" I'm not into that, but love a drink and a laugh every now and then.

Anyway, I've got an appointment on Friday night so I'll have to be a good boy. I actually told her that the appointment buggerd up this party thing and she looked at me and said "sucked in"  :)

:D:D:D Surprised she didn't say "Som nam naa!" - that's what mine would have done! -_-

PS You can PM me the original if you've still got it... :o:D I'm veeery broadminded! :(

Sorry gents, I had a bit of a clean up of all the filthy stuff that gets sent to me. :o

I'll ask my mate if he's still got them to send again.

A few years ago one of my work mates and myself cold called on a very good client (We were actually hanging out for a free beer) anyway, we are sittintg in the clients office at 4-30 in the afternoon and the client says. I'll just get Sam to get us a couple of cold ones. Both our jaws hit the floor.he had just employed a Luk krung Indonesian girl that looks just like the one here. I tried to say thank you for the beer, but the only thing that came out was a small grunt.my mate almost fell off his chair.Customer looked at us and laughed.prick!

most beautiful girl I have ever seen :D

Its a picture of an Indonesian lass that a mate sent to be a while ago. (The orig was a little rude :) )

The original is a little rude eh... well PM me and I will send you my e-mail address, I can check to see how rude it really is... just for research of course... :)

totster :o

:D:D:D "Great minds think alike", eh?

Or is it "Fools seldom differ"! :D:wub:-_-

(You're clearly a quicker typist than me :( )