Sabai Thani...what Is Happening?

Anyone know? What about the people who bought there? Have they lost all their money in another Samui land scam? What about the developer? In jail, fled the country? Anyone know?...sorry, have personal friend who bought there and may have lost his and his wife's whole life savings...would like to get ahold of these *%#@) bullocks at some point...and their lawyers!

the owner is still in Thailand, as i meet with him last week

but there is alot behind the story, as he was done over by the thais on the land..............

you can still contact him via his website, and he will assist you

the owner is still in Thailand, as i meet with him last week

but there is alot behind the story, as he was done over by the thais on the land..............

you can still contact him via his website, and he will assist you

Guess that might be goodnews :o what is his website? Doubt he will respond, been by his office and called many times in the past month and no answer. But I will try...he was arrested, correct?...and not in jail anymore?....out on bail?

And who are his lawyers?

**libellous and unfounded accusations removed--sbk***

Did you Google this: ?

Sabai Thani Property Co Ltd

I'm also interested to hear from the esteemed member Boater what he has to say about the 'owner' and how he is involved himself (Boater).

This topic is also about Sabai Thani:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Briton-Arres...li-t175453.html

LaoPo

I'm also interested to hear from the esteemed member Boater what he has to say about the 'owner' and how he is involved himself (Boater).

LaoPo

Thanks LaoPo....good info in the link...but unfortunately Thaivisa "locked" it so we cannot ask more questions. sent a message to the developer on his website but no answer yet...anyone know who their lawyers are/were?

LaoPo

Hi LaoPo

I have no involvement with him or his last company, he wanted me to assist him to sell some of his units, but i would not touch the development

He has actually move on to promote property, thus he wanted two of my developments to promote, that is how i know him. ( but this new company is not formed yet )

But he is still in Samui those,

LaoPo

Hi LaoPo

I have no involvement with him or his last company, he wanted me to assist him to sell some of his units, but i would not touch the development

He has actually move on to promote property, thus he wanted two of my developments to promote, that is how i know him. ( but this new company is not formed yet )

But he is still in Samui those,

Thank you.

It depends how much money said person still has in order to survive but surviving this very moment in the real estate market in Thailand is a tough cookie. Worldwide the real estate market is in a bad shape, very bad, and people with bags (bank accounts) full of money buying villas/condos in Thailand are hard to find...

I know people on Samui who are trying to sell their house already for 4 years.... :o

As everywhere else, it's a buyers market, not a sellers market and the bottom is not yet in sight, by far.

LaoPo

. Fray bought property in Laem Mai Kaen. The DSI found the property belonged to the Treasury Department. Fray divided the land into nine plots. Thais who conspired with him pretended to buy them. Fray sold the sections for 22 million baht each to Sabai Thani in order to allow foreigners to occupy the land and houses as juristic persons.

-- Bangkok Post

How do you pretend to buy land?

Who paid 22 million for some land? Must be pretty amazing.

Am I a juristic person? Do I need to wear a tie to qualify?

people with bags (bank accounts) full of money buying villas/condos in Thailand are hard to find...

I would buy a villa with my bags of money if I thought I could actually OWN the thing.

Seems to me that if you are not Thai, and don't have a spouse or other who you trust with significant amounts of money (and duty to your heirs), you are looking at leasing for 30 years. Maybe another 30 on top of that, but to put the kind of money it takes to get what you want, I want to own it.

Caveat emptor

. Fray bought property in Laem Mai Kaen. The DSI found the property belonged to the Treasury Department. Fray divided the land into nine plots. Thais who conspired with him pretended to buy them. Fray sold the sections for 22 million baht each to Sabai Thani in order to allow foreigners to occupy the land and houses as juristic persons.

-- Bangkok Post

ok so where is this guy?...i NEED a lawyer to deal with him...I hear Crawshaws are good solicitors, anyone know if they are good and trustworthy to hire sue this guy?

-- Bangkok Post

ok so where is this guy?...i NEED a lawyer to deal with him...I hear Crawshaws are good solicitors, anyone know if they are good and trustworthy to hire sue this guy?

Crashaws are very slow if you need anything done urgently

-- Bangkok Post

thanks boater...but dont care too much about time, or price, just quality..i hear too much about illegal property deals and deals that break the laws...particularly tax laws...

-- Bangkok Post

thanks boater...but don't care too much about time, or price, just quality..i hear too much about illegal property deals and deals that break the laws...particularly tax laws...

is this thread anything to do with the other thread that you are looking for a reputable lawyer?? :o

At this point after reading your remarks I understand that your friend has entered into a deal with the above mentioned property development company and that he is ""not happy"" with the performance and as such you wish to assist him to locate a lawyer to sue them.

As you can not post the full details of the case, and as you can not give the details what exactly it is that you wish to sue or to prove wrong doing. please allow me to suggest that you seek the best legal advice on Samui.

contact the prosecutors office at 077419320 and ask to set up an appointment with Khun Prapat the samui head prosecutor or if his not available with another English speaking prosecutor. he is a very nice guy and i am sure you can only benefit from meeting with him.

they are very much aware that some people have been misleading foreigners and offer consultations and advise free of charge.

Khun Prapat is also aware of the lawyers in Samui and can advise you of who has the expertise to handle your case or advise you what type of expertise you should look for.

As the above mentioned property developer presumably has other issues with the law he may also probably be able to advise you about the prosecutions stand point on this.

Edited by highdiver

-- Bangkok Post

thanks boater...but don't care too much about time, or price, just quality..i hear too much about illegal property deals and deals that break the laws...particularly tax laws...

is this thread anything to do with the other thread that you are looking for a reputable lawyer?? :o

At this point after reading your remarks I understand that your friend has entered into a deal with the above mentioned property development company and that he is ""not happy"" with the performance and as such you wish to assist him to locate a lawyer to sue them.

As you can not post the full details of the case, and as you can not give the details what exactly it is that you wish to sue or to prove wrong doing. please allow me to suggest that you seek the best legal advice on Samui.

contact the prosecutors office at 077419320 and ask to set up an appointment with Khun Prapat the samui head prosecutor or if his not available with another English speaking prosecutor. he is a very nice guy and i am sure you can only benefit from meeting with him.

they are very much aware that some people have been misleading foreigners and offer consultations and advise free of charge.

Khun Prapat is also aware of the lawyers in Samui and can advise you of who has the expertise to handle your case or advise you what type of expertise you should look for.

As the above mentioned property developer presumably has other issues with the law he may also probably be able to advise you about the prosecutions stand point on this.

Very sound advice.

Edited by Rooo

-- Bangkok Post

Very sound advice.

It looks like it indeed.

However, it seems that the person we seem to be talking about was released in March this year and that's why the topic, below, was closed:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Briton-Arres...00#entry1883600

So, before spending any money it would be wise (maybe) to collect some more information ?

LaoPo

-- Bangkok Post

Very sound advice.

It looks like it indeed.

However, it seems that the person we seem to be talking about was released in March this year and that's why the topic, below, was closed:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Briton-Arres...00#entry1883600

So, before spending any money it would be wise (maybe) to collect some more information ?

LaoPo

yes! THAT is what we are looking for!

so until now and for the past 2 months since you joined the forum...

1. You dismissed Samui lawyers and not knowing the law. while you were NEVER a lawyer here. its questionable by your replies if you ever were. as apart from "sounding all important" you have yet to present even one legal formulated opinion.

2. you insist to get free legal advise on a web forum and request a complete legal explanations while you present your self as "knowing the law" dismissing replies as "Horribly wrong" or as dangerous while never addressing the issue.

3. although you promised to send us a legal explanation on the 30 year lease post its been a month and still no answer!!!

so many poster are waiting for your "words of wisdom" all lined up with citation to the relevant law and explained with a well documented legal opinion.

4. you dismissed the police

5. you dismiss and discredited posters who have a different view opinion yet you never support or explain your posts.

6. you keep using the "i don't get your point" when intact its difficult to understand your points as well.

7. you ask for ADVISE and then contradict, and criticize any one who has taken the time to reply to you.

8. you correct others English spelling mistakes while your posts are full of typing and grammatical errors.

9. you hide behind your anonymity in this forum dismiss and criticize while not contributing one positive input.

have made several attempts of toning you down and even tried to use humor and assist you hoping that you tone down the rhetorics.

it ends here..

you are full of it :o

the last thing you friend needs is you helping him in his legal case.. you are causing him and probably will cause more damage with your behavior.

don't worry with this attitude you will get your day in court.

your lack of respect and attitude to others along with your superiority complex make you a dangerous person to your self as well as others.

you don't know and don't understand the Law and you don't understand the Phrase "system" (its not a recommendation to break the law you fool.. the "system" is all the processes and technicalities used in administrative context when filing a case in court) thus proving you have no legal expertise or understanding of legal slang in this country.

a local lawyer who is more familiar with the local administrative and process will be able to speed up and be more efficient in handling the case. it as not a recommendation to break the law but how to utilize it better.but you are to arrogant to know or understand that.

the last thing your friend needs to do is listen to you.. i for one have stopped.

1. You dismissed Samui lawyers and not knowing the law. while you were NEVER a lawyer here. its questionable by your replies if you ever were. as apart from "sounding all important" you have yet to present even one legal formulated opinion.

2. you insist to get free legal advise on a web forum and request a complete legal explanations while you present your self as "knowing the law" dismissing replies as "Horribly wrong" or as dangerous while never addressing the issue.

3. although you promised to send us a legal explanation on the 30 year lease post its been a month and still no answer!!!

so many poster are waiting for your "words of wisdom" all lined up with citation to the relevant law and explained with a well documented legal opinion.

5. you dismiss and discredited posters who have a different view opinion yet you never support or explain your posts.

6. you keep using the "i don't get your point" when intact its difficult to understand your points as well.

7. you ask for ADVISE and then contradict, and criticize any one who has taken the time to reply to you.

8. you correct others English spelling mistakes while your posts are full of typing and grammatical errors.

9. you hide behind your anonymity in this forum dismiss and criticize while not contributing one positive input.

have made several attempts of toning you down and even tried to use humor and assist you hoping that you tone down the rhetorics.

it ends here..

the last thing you friend needs is you helping him in his legal case.. you are causing him and probably will cause more damage with your behavior.

your lack of respect and attitude to others along with your superiority complex make you a dangerous person to your self as well as others.

you don't know and don't understand the Law and you don't understand the Phrase "system" (its not a recommendation to break the law you fool.. the "system" is all the processes and technicalities used in administrative context when filing a case in court) thus proving you have no legal expertise or understanding of legal slang in this country.

a local lawyer who is more familiar with the local administrative and process will be able to speed up and be more efficient in handling the case. it as not a recommendation to break the law but how to utilize it better.but you are to arrogant to know or understand that.

the last thing your friend needs to do is listen to you.. i for one have stopped.

well put :D

and you?...beyond being a member of Star Fleet...with your outer space advise...ooppps...by the way Spock, it's "advice."

2. you insist to get free legal advise on a web forum and request a complete legal explanations

NO! I just want YOU to back up you "legal advice"....cite your sources, so others can if you are correct.

while you present your self as "knowing the law" dismissing replies as "Horribly wrong" or as dangerous while never addressing the issue...

yes, you are very, dangerous...to anyone who listens to you. Wait, not "anyone" ...sure you order food very well, etc...just your "legal advice."

Again, you have MANY questions pending...THAT was the deal...once you answer them...we can proceed. I have no interest in spending time educating you or event the readers. BUT more than happy to show folks that you don't know what you are talking about.BTW...isnt this YOU needing ME to give YOU...free legal advice...at least you...asking for it?

What are you short specific...very specific questions...I will enlighten you...if needed

WHAT? I reject your defamation.

Really?...sounds like you SPOCK!...you use big words and talk "educated" AND sometimes know stuff that others don't...but you clearly have NO clue about the law, no REAL legal training...and then you go, yes, "horribly wrong". I do support my posts, I am NOT going to spend my time debating with a Trekie....give me one truly salient legal issue where you think you me wrong and I will be MORE than happy to show folks how little you know.

okay, please make your points, generally your elementry school gibberish is, well, hard to follow, not to mention, illogicial.

that would be "ADVICE"...no, don't need YOUR advice...note that, "advice"...and do NOT criticize ANYone...only those I have learned to be not so dependable sources of information...like you.

Please show me...typos aside, yeswe all do them...waiting for your incredible grammatical knowledge, Spock.

not agree whatsoever...for one putting folks on warning that the should NOT take your advice on the law here...is , I think, VERY positive (otherwise I would not spend my time doing it)...for others at least, maybe not your Spock ego.

it ends here..

sorry, but that? what was that? was that a momentary break with logic Spock?...if so, refreshing...perhaps you ARE still capable of learning?

No kidding. since this seems to be nothing more than a slugfest between two members with no information being exchanged I am inclined to just close this thread.

Suggest you two carry out your conversation by PM