Divorced

Doctor John

Never divorced, married 15 years and haven't even considered it. My parents (dad and stepmom) are both on their second marriages, not too shabby considering that the second marriage has lasted 35 years! Most likely their strong relationship has influenced my attitudes towards marriage and commitment.

Never divorced, married 15 years and haven't even considered it. My parents (dad and stepmom) are both on their second marriages, not too shabby considering that the second marriage has lasted 35 years! Most likely their strong relationship has influenced my attitudes towards marriage and commitment.

Glad to hear sbk :D My Parent's are married the same amount of time 35 years. First and only marriage for my dad. Second for My Mom.

It also influenced me to stay married this time. :o

Only once divorced an English guy after he broke my leg! but again I am considering a second marriage next year or shall we keep on living together forever to avoid the next divorce? :o Why bother with a piece of paper? If you don't love your partner anymore, a piece of paper is not going to hold you together.

Only once divorced an English guy after he broke my leg! but again I am considering a second marriage next year or shall we keep on living together forever to avoid the next divorce? :o  Why bother with a piece of paper? If you don't love your partner anymore, a piece of paper is not going to hold you together.

Two Hollywood movie stars, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell Have been together for many many years and they are not married. Funny thing is I saw an interview of hers on some talk show and she referred to kurt as her "husband" :D

Only once divorced an English guy after he broke my leg! but again I am considering a second marriage next year or shall we keep on living together forever to avoid the next divorce? :D  Why bother with a piece of paper? If you don't love your partner anymore, a piece of paper is not going to hold you together.

Two Hollywood movie stars, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell Have been together for many many years and they are not married. Funny thing is I saw an interview of hers on some talk show and she referred to kurt as her "husband" :D

Yes,I adore both of them especially Kurt Russell :D but trouble is Kurt doesn't need the convenience of living in Thailand as a husband of a Thai woman :o

Getting ready for my third marriage. It's said that I embrace all religions, since first wife was Jewish, second Christian, and third Buddhist. If I ever marry again, I will have to marry a Muslim to keep up the pattern.

If you go down the proper Muslim path, you can cave four Muslim wives all at once. The drawback is you get four mother's in law ( plus the previous 3 retired ones )

Getting ready for my third marriage. It's said that I embrace all religions, since first wife was Jewish, second Christian, and third Buddhist. If I ever marry again, I will have to marry a Muslim to keep up the pattern.

If you go down the proper Muslim path, you can cave four Muslim wives all at once. The drawback is you get four mother's in law ( plus the previous 3 retired ones )

Now I see why muslim men use so much violence

For me I'm twice divorced. Scraped out of a third by the skin of my teeth.

I was thinking of marrying my Thai gf for the residency visa but a few mates convinced me that as long as I have the work permit it's no real benefit.

Does anyone have a view on this?

I waana stay. Is marriage a good plan to ensure long term Thailand?

(ps: I don't believe in love for anyone who wants to bring emotion into the argument)

Divorced once, (English lady) after 17 years.

Didn’t realize it at the time, but she did me a huge favor. :o

Just coming up to year 3 with my second wife here in Thailand.

Poolcleaner,

My first years visa was based on being married to a Thai, but the last two were retirement extensions.

Was advised by immigration to go this route as it was a lot less hassle, especially if something went wrong with the relationship.

4 times

A German "Maedel" (years ago, but still cannot understand why I get married; also had to pay a lot of money to escape)

A Swiss "Meitli" (I made too many mistakes, still sorry about this)

A Barbados girl (had problems to adopt in Europe)

A Thai pooying (too much influence from her wealthy family; but no problems and costs involved when we get divorced. I still have contact with her father.

At the moment happily married with another Thai pooying (air hostess with Bangkok air)

Except the first marriage, no regrets or hard feelings.

WC

Never been married. Have been asked twice, but declined. Lost contact with one, and the other is divorced after his wife took out a restraining order on him. :D

So all in all, my instincts seem to be on a higher plane than my libidio :o doesn't always matter though, but in at least one case it did.

Married = 0

Divorced = 2

Been married twice (that's 2 times for the yanks)....Once to an Australian and now a Thai. They're both friendly with each other and my sons from the Thai bride call her 'Big Mommy'.

She wouldn't leave me alone when we were married and nothing has changed...I'm going to love retiring in L.O.S. :o