Stop Smoking, Helping Each Other to Quit

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i stop 4 weeks ago , help with Quomem, side effect sleep disturbance !

no cigarettes

Great Thread

I too am using Quomem at the moment,just about to start the second week where I up the dose to two tablets. No side effects as such and sleeping well. I have smoked for 15yrs around a pack a day....more when drinking. For the first 2 days using Quomem I was still smoking, although not a pack, by the 3rd day I was down to 3 cigs, I could feel my mind gradually telling me that I did not need another cigarette, from the 4th day onwards I have not smoked and the urge is going away too. I know Im only in the early stages and have not touched a beer yet, only time will tell. I can really feel a difference about not craving smokes since I started using this drug.

Wish me luck

Ace

• 5 months later...

Hi Ace,

I am in exactly the same phase as you regarding the Quomem usage and i intend to stop completely tomorrow. I have also not had any side effects from taking this drug, but it sure does reduce the craving for nicotine.

Good Luck!

Cheers, Rick

Today marks exactly one month stopped for me!!! Didn't use anything. Have tried quomem and as some other posters noted, it can affect your sleep patterns. So this time just promised myself I wouldn't smoke and it's working. Still got cravings, but getting very manageable now. Good luck everyone . . .

Today marks exactly one month stopped for me!!! Didn't use anything. Have tried quomem and as some other posters noted, it can affect your sleep patterns. So this time just promised myself I wouldn't smoke and it's working. Still got cravings, but getting very manageable now. Good luck everyone . . .

Good to know, must be over 6 month without smoking for me! the sleep pattern problem is long forgotten

• 3 weeks later...

Smoking is very injurious to health and causes devastating effects in our body.It will have huge impact on others.If you quit now you can increase your chances of living from two to twelve times longer and save thousands of dollars in medical expensive and the cost of cigarettes!

46-year-old male. I've been smoking since 16. Living in Asia makes it hard to stop. Especially seeing how cheap cigarettes are. Before I was smoking up to a pack and a half a day but I guess regularly around 25 sticks per day. However while I've been in Australia for the last couple of months I started a course of Champix from Pfizer.

Haven't experienced any of the so-called side effects reported by some people in the US. Controls the withdrawals quite well. Heartily recommend Champix for anyone who wants to kick the habit.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I have been off the cig for 2 weeks now, Im on my 2nd I want to quit smoking promise ,, first was 2004 where I quit for a year I used patches the last time but now Im on it again "cold turkey" a little bit harder but it is easier after the 3rd day.

Hi there Malcolm

Please sign me up. I am currently in outback Australia, heading back to LOS in August. I'm 51, smoke 20 a day of 12mg cigarettes, have been smoking since I was 18. Tried without success a few times, using gum (upset my stomach), patches and Zyban.

I lack will-power, that's the honest truth. Instead of paying 25 baht for a packet of L & Ms in Thailand, I am paying $AU12.60 (378 baht) for a packet of 30s.

Any help offered gratefully received.

Peter

Food for thought, while trying to quit please watch where you flick, A water bottle with a little water is great to have in your car, The toxic filter is out, no smell or stink eye from others, Good luck and please keep your butts with you

• 3 weeks later...
I have never smoked even one cig but I was writing the message for my wife.

Anyway.. I am watching this forum for her so sign us up :o

Info: 22 female, 1 pack a day :D

She promised me she would try to stop after Songkran :}

Hey brother you can make her understand to leave the ciggaretts by telling her the bad effects of smoking.

Tell her leave it slowly not at once because one can not leave the habit at once,She can take other best option instead of smoking.Other options with better prospects will be better for her.

If she can develop and if she wishes she can definitely leave it if she tries.Dont force her Because the eddiction of anything is not very easy to leave you can also understand.So make her understand with a cool mind by saying that one is having a prob in lungs because nicotine is harmful to her health.In old age she might get a pain while breathing.