BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
malcolminthemiddle

Stop Smoking, Helping Each Other to Quit

Been smoking tooooo... long, 15 to 20 a day since I was 16 and now I'm 44.Gave up for 1 year before coming to Thailand. Cheap smokes, going to pool bars and drinking more than normal didn't help increase consumption of the dreaded cancer sticks. Not looking for excuses for my weakness.

It's time to give up.

'Sign me up, Scotty.'

Hi! I'm 26 and live in Denmark. I smoke a pack a day. I've been smoking for 6 years and tryed to quit 3 times. Sign me up!

Registration will close at 17:00 Bangkok Time, today April 9th 2005.

A 24 hour period of grace is granted to Manum's girlfriend to give her time to register in her own right.

Hi Malcolm

I like to sign up for your non smokers program.

I am a man 58 year from Holland and smoking now 46 years about 35 sig. a day.

I try to stop before but i could`t maintain. Maybe with your help i can do it.

Joop

Hi! Add me please. I'm 34 yo male, smoke 17 years, now at about 30 cigs a day. Tried to quit 3 times - tried gum :o , patches, and most recent tme - Zyban :D - it worked!!!....for 3 months, and now I'm back. It's a love-hate relationship I have wth cigs - regretfully it seem to last a looooong time.

Please sign me i'm a 20-40 a day or am I a hopeless case, I hope not, but I am willing to go through ###### & HIGH WATER to stop.

I am with you guys.

Peace happiness and a smoke free envirnment because living in CM I'n moking probably the equilavent of 100 a day HELP

32 here, about 10 cigs a day. On and off for the last 10 years.

Can control myself during the day, but as soon as there is a beer around...have to run for a packet.

Bull

Registration will close at 17:00 Bangkok Time, today April 9th 2005.

A 24 hour period of grace is granted to Manum's girlfriend to give her time to register in her own right.

Aplogies to Manum, it is his wife not girl friend. :o

I played decent level sport all my younger days, I smoked and was always breathless and gasping after a workout. At 42yo after seeing my best friend have open heart surgery, I stopped smoking and took up jogging to avoid an increase in weight, 12 months later I ran a 3hr 10 min marathon, I can only say one thing about smoking " DONT".

I am 58, from 1-2 packs per day for about 8-years, a few years after I moved to Thailand. Stopped once after a doctor prescribed some pills (found out later they were anti-depressants with significant side effects even though the doc said there were none).

The curious thing is after starting the regime for three months I had absolutely no interest or missed smoking, never figured out why I started again.

great idea mate, gave up about 8 years ago for similar reasons to others young child I wanted to see grow up Keep with the program folks was up to between 40/60 a day didn't think I could do it but haven't looked at a smoke since

This is very simple actually.

Just send the whole group to a poor run down hospital room full of old men dieing of emphysema.

That will drive the point home.

I was trapped in a room all night with 11 other old men in that condition and believe me it was no party.

Watching the doctors cut open the throat of one old man and insert a tube while his whole family was surrounding him only for the man to die shortly after words was quite an experience.

If you still want to smoke after you see this then you are just suicidal and the group should offer a loaded gun to get thing moving a little faster!

I support all people to either stop smoking or at least only do it inside their own homes only!

And only if no children are living in the house only too!

Other wise you are just a selfish suicidal ass hole and should be taken out in the back forty and shot fair and square!

:o

I am 58, from 1-2 packs per day for about 8-years, a few years after I moved to Thailand.  Stopped once after a doctor prescribed some pills (found out later they were anti-depressants with significant side effects even though the doc said there were none).

The curious thing is after starting the regime for three months I had absolutely no interest or missed smoking, never figured out why I started again.

Hi tywais,

Are you asking to be registered? Registration is for people who know thay want to stop, you sound as if you are not sure?

:o

please sign me up as well! female, 36 yrs, smoking since 13, 1-2 packs marlboro lights a day since my early 20's, before a little less. managed to quit once 9 yrs ago for 6 months, did not have any withdrawal problems but started again to overcome exam stress :D

smoke mostly at home when at the puter and after meals, first in the morning, last before sleep, when on a night out, at work, etc etc

hate the smell, hate the look, hate full ashtrays, hate to always needing to carry a bag to put cigs in - hate everything about smoking and find it really stupid but still not enough to quit :D

if this works - :o

Just for those of you who think its impossible. I smoked for 22 yrs, and next week I'll be a full year without so much as a single puff.  :o

Two weeks of patches, and about 20km a day on the bike (not the motorised one).

cv

God Vic. I thought you were only 30 years old :D