BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
malcolminthemiddle

Stop Smoking, Helping Each Other to Quit

Tywais,

The first question is for you.

When you registered, you said:

......................, never figured out why I started again.

According to whyquit.com there are only two good reasons to take a puff once you have stopped.

What are these good reasons?

Peter991,

Your question. When you registered you said:

Tried without success a few times, using gum (upset my stomach), patches and Zyban.

How does Whyquit.com answer the following statement;

"I can't quit alone. I'll need nicotine gum, the patch, hypnosis, acupuncture, magic herbs or other wonder drugs!"

I'll give you a clue, your answer starts

"Wrong! The simple truth is that no magic cure has ever " made " any smoker quit smoking nicotine. ............................................."

Good site.

I bought a pack of malboro light last night and it was the first pack I saw with the new health warning. Let's hope that was the last pack I buy.

I was thinking of puting stopping off til tomorrow, but we all know tomorrow never comes!

tors,

Here is your question.

When you registered you said:

........................ but unfortunately started again in a period of stress;

so I could use some help...

How does whyquit .com response to the following statement:

"It reduces my stress and helps calm me down."

For you a clue also, your answer starts:

" This health intellectualization is false. The body's pH balance is delicate. Nicotine is an alkaloid and stress an acid producing event. ............................."

Dear sir ,

Please register me for this project

Regards

Smaartie

Sorry Smaartie,

Registration is closed, however please feel free to follow the thread as a "Sleeper", your opportunity to join will come later. :o

Wolfie,

Your question.

The definition of the Law of Addiction within whyquit.com is:

"Administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment

of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance."

Complete the following:

"If you have remained nicotine free for 72 hours then your blood is now 100% nicotine free. Your withdrawal symptoms have peaked and are now beginning to gradually subside. ....................................................."

iceangle,

Here is your question.

.................... I smoked for 6 yrs then gave it up but started again after my marriage dissolved! ..........................

Complete the following:

The Perfect Excuse

The excuse can be anything. Usually the addict waits for that great excuse to come along, ...............................................

Kringle,

Here is your question.

When you registered you said:

.............................and smoke even more when out shooting pool and drinking beer.

How does whyquit .com respond to the following statement

"I like to smoke when I drink and I find myself smoking even more."

I'll give you a clue, your answer starts:

" The effects of drinking and stress upon our body's nicotine level are the same. You smoke more when you drink not because you "like" to but because you MUST in order to keep your body's nicotine level within the comfort range, so that it does not experience the symptoms of early withdrawal. ........................................................"

Edited by malcolminthemiddle

I too want to Quit. Have tried many times.Male 62

40cig/day

Jockstar,

........................I have cut down from 20 a day to about 7 a day.

Your homework is to complete the following statement:

"I am addicted to a substance that is five times as addictive as cocaine (15% vs. 75%). I may be strong enough to cut back a bit but I'll remain addicted, ............................................."

Hi Ravisher,

...................................It is not the quitting that is so difficult, it is living with the craving that I cannot stand.

Your homework is to complete the following:

" Just like the lingering thought of a nice juicy steak, lobster in butter sauce, or fresh baked hot apple pie, you can make yourself "think" about having a cigarette all day long, if that's what you really want to do. .........................................."

h90,

........................In my office incl. my wife everyone is smoking and cigarrets are all the time in reachable arrea.

Complete the following statement:

" Procrastation recovery denial makes the next puff of toxins easier to suck down. Nicotine tells this junkie that they cannot quit until their friend or loved one quits too as they're around their smoke, smells, cigarettes, breath and ashtrays, and quitting is thus impossible. It's pure denial and often both friends or loved ones use the other as their excuse to remain enslaved. .................................................."