BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
malcolminthemiddle

Stop Smoking, Helping Each Other to Quit

Hi pschef,

I can see that you are there patiently waiting for your question, well here it is:

What is Bueger’s Disease?

I'm in Laos too at the moment. I'm in a very remote place called Vieng Phouka, about a 3 hour drive from the Chiang Khong/Houay Xai border crossing. I'm working on a road project to connect Thailand to China via Northern Laos. I plan to spend the Songkran holidays around Chiang Rai if you fancy a beer?

Hi pandit35,

I hope you have decided to put your reservations aside.

When you registered, you said

.................................There's just nothing to have/do without a smoke.

Your homework is to complete the following:

"It's something to do with my hands. So is playing with a loaded gun and they both have the same potential for harm................................................"

I too want to Quit. Have tried many times.Male 62

40cig/day

Hi skills32,

Sorry but registration is closed, but please continue to follow the thread as a "Sleeper" your opportunity to join will come later. Don't forget to remember your "Wake Up Call". :o

I'm all over the website and have bookmarked it for more reading but can't seem the answer to my question. Breaking for lunch and will read more of the website and see if I can find it but I've taken a few tests already and learning.

thanks and I'll get back on this,

Kringle

I'm all over the website and have bookmarked it for more reading but can't seem the answer to my question. Breaking for lunch and will read more of the website and see if I can find it but I've taken a few tests already and learning.

thanks and I'll get back on this,

Kringle

Kringle, take your time, Step 2 is not a race, the same goes to every one.

Hi kon-dee,

You must have got up early, that is if you are in Denmark.

When you registered, you said:

..........................tryed to quit 3 times. !

Within whyquit.com is an article entitled "Just One Little Puff".

Your task is to find that article and post the first paragraph and the URL of the article.

"Stop Smoking Project" - Thaivisa.com online self assist programme

JOIN UP NOW - just reply to this topic and stop smoke!

This thread has been established to run a step by step programme over the next few weeks with the objective of trying to help as many smokers as possible become non smokers.

I am not a doctor or hypnotist and do not guarantee success, however I am a reformed smoker who hopes that his experiences will help some one else quit the smoking habit.

The first step is registration; if you would like to join this online programme please submit a post giving your age, sex and brief details of your smoking habit.

Registration will be open only for a limited time, once registration is closed, only registered members will be allowed to make posts within the thread. This is necessary to maintain the continuity of the programme which will follow a pre-determined step by step process and thread rules which the registered members will be asked to follow.

I am 58, I previously quit for 12 years and ridiculously started again about 1 year ago. Have tried to quit again but without success. So, I am very interested and want to quit.

Edited by Tiger7Moth

Please sign me up. I need to/have to stop smoking. I have only smoked for four years, although I am 38 years old. I have an addictive personality and I love smoking. I tried to quit last week and got nowhere fast. I love smoking at night, late at night when I can't sleep. I smoke Dunhill international flown in from Malaysia which are very strong. When I left Canada I was dreaming about Canadian cigs for six months although I had switched to Marlboro Red. That was three years ago.

I quit smoking for three days and it wasn't that hard but that was that.

How can I quit????

"Stop Smoking Project" - Thaivisa.com online self assist programme

JOIN UP NOW - just reply to this topic and stop smoke!

This thread has been established to run a step by step programme over the next few weeks with the objective of trying to help as many smokers as possible become non smokers.

I am not a doctor or hypnotist and do not guarantee success, however I am a reformed smoker who hopes that his experiences will help some one else quit the smoking habit.

The first step is registration; if you would like to join this online programme please submit a post giving your age, sex and brief details of your smoking habit.

Registration will be open only for a limited time, once registration is closed, only registered members will be allowed to make posts within the thread. This is necessary to maintain the continuity of the programme which will follow a pre-determined step by step process and thread rules which the registered members will be asked to follow.

I am 58, I previously quit for 12 years and ridiculously started again about 1 year ago. Have tried to quit again but without success. So, I am very interested and want to quit.

Hello Tiger7Moth,

Sorry but registration is closed, however you are welcome to follow the thread as a "Sleeper", your opportunity to join will come later. Please remember don't forget to remember your "Wake Up Call". :o

Please sign me up.  I need to/have to stop smoking.  I have only smoked for four years, although I am 38 years old.  I have an addictive personality and I love smoking.  I tried to quit last week and got nowhere fast.  I love smoking at night, late at night when I can't sleep.  I smoke Dunhill international flown in from Malaysia which are very strong.  When I left Canada I was dreaming about Canadian cigs for six months although I had switched to Marlboro Red.  That was three years ago.

I quit smoking for three days and it wasn't that hard but that was that.

How can I quit????

Hi justaskdan,

Sorry, the same goes for you to, registration is closed, however you are welcome to follow the thread as a "Sleeper", your opportunity to join will come later. Please remember don't forget to remember your "Wake Up Call". :o

Wolfie,

Your question.

The definition of the Law of Addiction within whyquit.com is:

"Administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment

of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance."

Complete the following:

"If you have remained nicotine free for 72 hours then your blood is now 100% nicotine free.  Your withdrawal symptoms have peaked and are now beginning to gradually subside. ....................................................."

For you, physical nicotine withdrawal is all but over. The best way to guarantee that your cycle of physical withdrawal is a never ending story is to ingest nicotine back into your blood. This is the "Law of Nicotine Addiction."

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksEHell.html

Wolfie,

Your question.

The definition of the Law of Addiction within whyquit.com is:

"Administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment

of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance."

Complete the following:

"If you have remained nicotine free for 72 hours then your blood is now 100% nicotine free.  Your withdrawal symptoms have peaked and are now beginning to gradually subside. ....................................................."

For you, physical nicotine withdrawal is all but over. The best way to guarantee that your cycle of physical withdrawal is a never ending story is to ingest nicotine back into your blood. This is the "Law of Nicotine Addiction."

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksEHell.html

Well done Wolfie, you are on your way.

HERE IS A HEADS UP

The Candy Jar

Just before I quit I set up three (3) candy jars. The one at home is a ceramic teddy bear, I think it is meant to be a cookie jar; the one at work and the one in my golf bag are Tupperware type boxes I bought in Robinson.

I still keep them topped up and experiment with the different boiled sweets on offer; my favourites are those chewy My Mint and Coryfin-C which some restaurants hand out after your meal. I eat 2 or 3 sweets a day.

I find the work candy jar handy for meetings; it's difficult to suck and argue at the same time. :o

Here is an example of a "Wake Up Call".

"To get a sense of what it feels like to breathe with emphysema take a deep breath and hold it. Without letting out any air, take in another deep breath. Hold that one too. One more time, take in one more breath. Okay let it all out.

That second or third breath is what it feels like to breathe when you have advanced emphysema. Emphysema is a disease where you cannot exhale air. Everyone thinks that it is a disease where you cannot inhale but in fact it is the opposite. When you smoke you destroy the lungs elasticity by destroying the tissue that pulls your lung back together after using muscles that allow us to inhale air. So when it comes time to take your next breath it is that much more difficult, for your lungs could not get back to their original shape. "

Wow, that really hit home with me after I tried it.

I think with some more education, I will really be able to quit.

Admission - I just had my first of the day at 3.30 pm.

One tip from a friend who quit - everytime you have a cig., repeat to yourself, "I am not a smoker".

So true, even if you cut the amount, you are still addicted.

I know one person who says that only on one cig a day she is still hopelessly hooked.

Edited by Neeranam