Why Are Their So Many Ladyboys In Thailand ?

sgtpeppers

If you sleep with a lady boy then you are a poof, no doubt about that, its a bloke, and if a bloke sleeps with a bloke then that means he is gay.

No if's or buts about it

You really sound homophobic and very rigid.

There are different kinds of lady boys, some intact, some not intact.

In the lady boy's brain, they usually feel like they are a female, so the THEM, they are a woman having sex with a man, even if intact. So to them, this is a heterosexual act.

To their admirers, there may well be lots of variance, but anyone observing life in Pattaya knows that the vast majority of TS chasers are heterosexually identified. Mainstream gay men have no sexual interest in TS's sexually whatsoever. They want men. TS's are identified as women. Going after people who appear, act, and think like they are opposite sex isn't exactly gay, now is it? Gay sexuality is about SAME SEX attraction. Anyone who knows anything about human sexuality knows the most important sexual organ is the BRAIN!

Edited by Jingthing

If you sleep with a lady boy then you are a poof, no doubt about that, its a bloke, and if a bloke sleeps with a bloke then that means he is gay.

No if's or buts about it

In the lady boy's brain, they usually feel like they are a female, so the THEM, they are a woman having sex with a man, even if intact. So to them, this is a heterosexual act.

To their admirers, there may well be lots of variance, but anyone observing life in Pattaya knows that the vast majority of TS chasers are heterosexually identified. Mainstream gay men have no sexual interest in TS's sexually whatsoever. They want men. TS's are identified as women.

What a load of crap, your born a man and you die a man, none of this make up or cutting and tucking can change your sex. I'm not homophobic at all, I got 2 mates who are poofs and I tease them and they think being straight is weird, some of there stories make me dry reach at times. Especially the story about one of them getting rammed and the next morning he was laying on the bed at a big brown shark just slid out the back door. I find gay people to be very amusing also at times.

But fact is a fact, ladyboy's a not female, no matter how you cut it. (or tuck it)

But fact is a fact, ladyboy's a not female, no matter how you cut it. (or tuck it)

They think they are women. You should respect that. The world isn't about RIGID LINEs of gay versus straight. There is room for lots of ambiguity, but clearly not in your brain.

Edited by Jingthing

I think its refreshing that thailand is so positive about ladymen,even if i am sometimes abit twitchy around them (they tend to accidently on purpose bump into me rather alot with an- "oh sollee")

However,i would say generally that they change their identity for psychological reasons rather than sexual or hormonal.You dont get your bits chopped off for sexual reasons :o .Alot of them get into female character as soon as they wake up by talking in the high pitched voice (before i shared an apartment with a ladyman along with my last girlfreind....honest).

I think it is maybe as far as you can go as far as changing your identity goes,& if you change it to this degree then you dont have to face any issues you have,or had with yourself or society,because you are being someone else??? :D

They think they are women. You should respect that. The world isn't about RIGID LINEs of gay versus straight. There is room for lots of ambiguity, but clearly not in your brain.

They might think they are, but they are not. I have no problems with ladyboys/gay men or gay females.

They might think they are, but they are not. I have no problems with ladyboys/gay men or gay females.

Room for agreement. They were born male or hermaphrodite and changed their identity to female. Not everyone respects that change. I do. You don't.

Well.... the transgender campaigner seems to think ladyboys are gay.

from the OP quote,

.... if we tend to be gay, many of us tend to be transgender.

so therefore the guys attracted to ladyboys are gay or bi. but not hetro.

Edited by sgtpeppers

No if's or buts about it

With a boob job, the snip job and the adams apple removed it is darn hard to tell the difference. I've seen some really hot ones too. So, if they have had the 'works' done, does that mean you are a poofter for sleeping with, what is in effect, a woman?

Can't say they turn me on, but very easy to not tell the difference after a few beers in some cases.

No if's or buts about it

With a boob job, the snip job and the adams apple removed it is darn hard to tell the difference. I've seen some really hot ones too. So, if they have had the 'works' done, does that mean you are a poofter for sleeping with, what is in effect, a woman?

Can't say they turn me on, but very easy to not tell the difference after a few beers in some cases.

A real man can tell the difference. Its not that hard

Especially the story about one of them getting rammed and the next morning he was laying on the bed at a big brown shark just slid out the back door.

"A big brown shark just slid out the back door".....man thats almost poetry,you're wasted on here.

:D

:o

"I don't mind them at all. Sometimes it's nice to reach around and think you've gone through.."

At least you're thoughtful enough to do a reach around.

I've heard this before. I knew a guy here who was very much into ladyboys. When he first got here, he had a GF for a few weeks. One day, he said to me that he didn't have a gay bone in his body. I didn't say anything, but I thought he was crazy. Not for being with a ladyboy, but for denying he was bi. If it's not gay to have sex with someone who has the same genitalia as you, then please explain to me what you would call it. If they've had the operation (snip, snip). then they're what. I'd be afraid to look. I've been accused of being tight-assed before, but you're confusing me. I believe that two men having sex with the same lady is gay, so maybe I am tight-assed.

Sometimes, I can't tell the difference. I used to sit in Nana's multi-storied whore-house with a friend, and play who's a ladyboy. Sometimes a lady would turn around and say "I'm a lady" if we had a confused look on our face. They scare me a little 'cause most of them could beat the shit out of me. There's two meanings there.

Edited by Shotime

Maybe it has something to do with so many boys here in Thailand being brought up without their fathers around -- lack of strong male role models, hence effeminate behaviour -- that's a possibility, don't you think?

no, i dont think that makes any sense whatsoever.

the true answer WAS ALREADY GIVEN IN THE OP. lol

If they are full op then I wouldn't say it was gay (edit: not that I've tried, before you all start), but there is no way I am going near another meat and 2 veg - that is gay however you dress it up.

There seems to be a misconception that the majority of them are full op. In reality the vast minority of them are. A friend of a friend used to run a ladyboy bar, and he knows better than most. He reckoned upwards of 90% still have dicks. Now these are basically men with tits, and to go with one of them would definitely make you gay, or bi.

Edited by sweetchariot

One thing that has puzzled me about ladyboys is that you don't see many over 25-30 y/o...? :o

Do they stop taking the hormones and revert to being gay or effeminate men? As stated above^^ there are not many have the full sex-change surgery, so where do they go?

Many die of HIV.

Way too many choose sex work. This is obviously high risk.

Anyway, I hope this clears this up for y'all:

Male-to-female transexual women who are attracted to men see themselves as heterosexual

in sexual orientation and describe themselves as heterosexual women.

http://www.qrd.org/qrd/trans/1993/transsex...powerment-02.93

Also just because the much smaller group of transexuals are allied politically with the mainstream gay rights movements worldwide does not mean they are the same issue. It is political marriage of convenience, and based on the incredibly ignorant attitudes exposed here, maybe not such a smart one. Basically, TS people have piggybacked onto the mainstream gay rights movement, and gay people are too liberal to even question if that is a good idea to accept that. I see that they share discrimination based on sexuality just like gay people, but to me, and to them, many or most aren't gay people at all.

Edited by Jingthing

I seriously doubt that the presence or absence of a father figure-straight role model in the boy's household makes a difference. My father was present, and I finally came out of the closet. I raised 3 boys and 3 girls (often as a single parent) even after I came out, and they all turned out straight. Lots of posters here were raised by terrible male role models, but ended up straight.

Most folks in the West are still hung up on polarity, like there is no middle ground, only two opposite genders, anatomically and psychologically. No. Sexual orientation and attraction is a continuum, a spectrum on which even you may not be at the extreme end. Most of our Western thinking is shaped by a Church which is/was homophobic for no good reason.

///PS, added: I have no idea what happens to old ladyboys. I doubt they go in for commercial sex more than the straight Thai girls or the gay Thai guys do. I doubt that many more die of HIV than those last two groups do. Until somebody does a proper statistical survey of several thousand ladyboys over the age of 30, we do not know and should not speculate.

I seriously doubt that the presence or absence of a father figure-straight role model in the boy's household makes a difference. My father was present, and I finally came out of the closet. I raised 3 boys and 3 girls (often as a single parent) even after I came out, and they all turned out straight. Lots of posters here were raised by terrible male role models, but ended up straight.

Most folks in the West are still hung up on polarity, like there is no middle ground, only two opposite genders, anatomically and psychologically. No. Sexual orientation and attraction is a continuum, a spectrum on which even you may not be at the extreme end. Most of our Western thinking is shaped by a Church which is/was homophobic for no good reason.

Were not talking about homo's are we? You should be talking about ladyboys.

Yes,gay people dont ACT gay,they are just gay,its not psychological.

Surely we've all seen the ladyboys just trying a little to hard to be feminine (another giveaway),eg,the constant flicking of the hair,the high pitched voice.Its generally an act.

Here is an opinion from a veteran Thai school-teacher regarding Thai schoolboys he has observed over the last 35 years:

..."The headteacher, Sitisak Sumontha, estimates that in any year between 10% and 20% of his boys consider themselves to be transgender - boys who would rather be girls. ...He said that, in his 35 years of working in the Thai education system, he had come across many boys like this, and they never changed. Many go on as adults to have sex-change surgery, while others will live as gay men, he said. "

That professional, Thai observation is from another thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-School-...ml#entry2116056

No if's or buts about it

To their admirers, there may well be lots of variance, but anyone observing life in Pattaya knows that the vast majority of TS chasers are heterosexually identified. Mainstream gay men have no sexual interest in TS's sexually whatsoever. They want men. TS's are identified as women.

What a load of crap, your born a man and you die a man, none of this make up or cutting and tucking can change your sex. I'm not homophobic at all, I got 2 mates who are poofs and I tease them and they think being straight is weird, some of there stories make me dry reach at times. Especially the story about one of them getting rammed and the next morning he was laying on the bed at a big brown shark just slid out the back door. I find gay people to be very amusing also at times.

Why do you get so upset? Relax please Life is to enjoy

The Don: But fact is a fact, ladyboy's a not female, no matter how you cut it. (or tuck it)

Funny thing is they don't give a brown shark what you think! :o

Lets all just be ourselves and enjoy life.

Ok,

Who knows and who really cares, if they want to be like that then good for them, everyone should live there life like they want to live it.

fuc_k it

See, you can be nice. Were all your other posts in this thread merely trollish?

While I disagree with some of the things you have said, I should say that your views are shared by many gay men too (but thankfully seemingly not by most of the inhabitants of TV's gay forum).

PS The ''But they're men, you know'' thing must be the second most boring topic on the Internet (ever), after the Marmite vs Vegemite thing (with the ''I hate the USA'' coming in a close third). I liked it when people just argued about GUIs vs CLIs.