Rental House For Family Near Map Ta Phut Area

tamu

We will be working in the Map Ta Phut area for the next year. I am having trouble finding good information on house rentals in Expat communities online.

- Anyone have experience living in expat communities there with their kids?

- Anyone have good links to the communities?

I really want something with activities we can walk or bike to so I don’t have to worry about arranging a car.

We will be working in the Map Ta Phut area for the next year. I am having trouble finding good information on house rentals in Expat communities online.

I really want something with activities we can walk or bike to so I don't have to worry about arranging a car.

Long term rent (min. 1 year) 40K THB/month, location are perfect for expat working in Mapthaput and are close to all shopping Malls in Rayong. House are ready to move in

http://th.all-listings.net/ad.php?l=en&a=39325

I really want something with activities we can walk or bike to so I don't have to worry about arranging a car.

This is going to be your biggest problem, you are going to need a car....

There is very little around the MPT area, the closest place you would have to look is Ban Chang, possibly Eastern Star or similar places, fairly large expat community live in the Ban Chang area, but still 12km from MPT....drop me pm with the specifics might be able to help you out around Ban Chang

Thanks for all the information. Having new locations to search on is helping.

We have been offered a house in Eastern Star, which looks good. I was hoping to hear from someone who actually lived there or in one of the other communitites.

We will have a car and driver available, but it would be nice to be able to just bike over to a club house after school at a moments notice.

Thanks again for the help!

If the company are providing the housing then Eastern Star is a good choice and you will certainly be able to cycle around the golf course and vicinity.

If you're looking for something cheaper there are a few houses around in the housing developments (Shintavee Gardens, Rom Taley 1 and 2, Shinthavee Park) in prices ranging 15~30,000 Baht. No need to cycle to the club houses as the estates are small enough to walk around.

Thanks for all the information. Having new locations to search on is helping.

We have been offered a house in Eastern Star, which looks good. I was hoping to hear from someone who actually lived there or in one of the other communitites.

We will have a car and driver available, but it would be nice to be able to just bike over to a club house after school at a moments notice.

Thanks again for the help!

Ban Chang area is ok to live in, been living there for the last 7 years, dont live on Eastern Star, but you will be ok there, if you have never been to the area, Ban Chang area is best described as a large "village" for want of a better description, you are basically mid way between Pattaya and Rayong each about 30 km from Ban Chang in opposite directions.

We got our first Tesco's last year...so really in the 21st centuary now !!!!

As another poster mentioned....Shintavee Gardens, Rom Taley 1 and 2, Shinthavee Park are other options as well...

I appreciate the leads and information!

Is it a language problem that is keeping me from finding any pictures or website for most of these communities?

Yes, we saw there is a Tesco there. We have been checking out their online circulars. The kids are excited because there are tons of Pukka stuff there, not so much of that kind of thing here.

Is it a language problem that is keeping me from finding any pictures or website for most of these communities?

Yes, we saw there is a Tesco there. We have been checking out their online circulars. The kids are excited because there are tons of Pukka stuff there, not so much of that kind of thing here.

NO, it's more likely that they just don't have websites. You have to get out and about in a car and take a look around.

Is Pukka a brand name of something? I've been in the Ban Chang Tesco and the Rayong Big C and there doesn't seem to be as much choice as the ones in Pattaya.

NO, it's more likely that they just don't have websites. You have to get out and about in a car and take a look around.

Is Pukka a brand name of something? I've been in the Ban Chang Tesco and the Rayong Big C and there doesn't seem to be as much choice as the ones in Pattaya.

Personally think the apparent lack of choice for farangs in Tescos and Big C is more to do with the fact that there are very few farangs living in these areas in comparision to the local population..., but at the end of the day if you cant find something, jump in the car and off to Pattaya...no big deal

Agree with P.P. you will not find websites etc as there are none, also on "Pukka, think the OP may be referring to phrase from around London (cockney) its means real or good, but also think there is brand as well in the UK, cant say I have seen it in Thailand, and certainly not in Ban Chang Tesco's..!!!!

Personally think the apparent lack of choice for farangs in Tescos and Big C is more to do with the fact that there are very few farangs living in these areas in comparision to the local population..., but at the end of the day if you cant find something, jump in the car and off to Pattaya...no big deal

Agree with P.P. you will not find websites etc as there are none, also on "Pukka, think the OP may be referring to phrase from around London (cockney) its means real or good, but also think there is brand as well in the UK, cant say I have seen it in Thailand, and certainly not in Ban Chang Tesco's..!!!!

Thanks again for the help. Every little bit of information we can get before hand will be a benifit.

I spelled it wrong, it's Pucca. It is a cartoon character my son loves. They show it here in the USA but we haven't seen any of the merchandise. Before, my brother brought lots over from S. Korea. We have seen some T-shirts and school supplies with it on them on the Big C and Telsco websites.

• 2 weeks later...

i live in ban chang

maptaput is 15 minutes drive away depending on which industrial estate you're heading to

ban chang is the better choice to live in

rayong on the east not so pretty, more polluted too

ban chang westwards is a large village as previous poster says

with pala village and payoon as the 2 places on the coast-- ban chang itself is a town built up around sukhumvit rd

the beaches at payoon and pala are nice but don't expect development-- these are quiet thai beaches-- as yet untouched really by tourism-- just a chilled vibe , planty of space, and many nice seafood restaraunts

however the whole area is known as amphur ban chang (district)

it's well located for maptaput

has all local services required

is quiet and stress free

and is a 40 minute drive from pattaya for when you need an injection of nightlife, farang western comforts, or the big shops and all the ususal stuff you find in tourist areas

furthermore only 2 hrs from suv airport

and 2hrs 30 from central BK

in terms of housing

Lom Talay 1 and 2 , Sinthavee Park and Gardens and Eastern Star are already mentioned

but one not mentioned is Payoon Green Ville

good quality housing

secure moo bahn village estate ( 50% farang 50 % Thai residents)

swimming pool, small gym, little shop/cafe, park with kids play area, and basketball court

well located on payoon ban chang rd

about 2km from payoon beach and 10 min drive from maptaput estate

also only 5 min drive from Garden International School-- british curriculum education here--IGCSEs and IB

for kids from 3 to 18

behind is a bilingual school too-- REPS

these are the only ones in the area except St Andrews- 30 minutes away north from Ban Chang

seeing as you have at least one child this too is an issue

GIS ( Garden International School) and Payoon Green Vill both have websites:

http://www.payoongreenvill.com/index.php?l=en

www.gardenrayong.com

Rents in the area for a family house depend on location, luxury

range from 15,000 to 35,000 for family home ( the most expensive being on Eastern Star as you pay for the golf club address-- big face issue in Thailand)

on payoon green vill as all houses are new ( new estate) expect 25,000 for 3 bed house-- see site

hope this helps

tv addict