Thinking Of Moving To Phetchabun

canopy

I’d like to move to the countryside somewhere in Thailand. Phetchabun seems like it might be the right kind of place. I’d like to see the area a bit and especially any prospective houses for rent. Are there any recommendations on how to get started? Are there any foreigner meetups or anyone who might be willing to help show me a around a bit? I am a Californian, 40’s in Bangkok and can speak some conversational Thai. I would be grateful for any advice. Phetchabun sounds like a nice place, I just wish I knew someone there.

1. Wichian Buri market. Every Thursday 1000 -1200 hrs- ish, league of nations Brit/Aussie/NZ/German/French/Finn/Norwegien
  2. Battle Horse Golf Club (Army Barracks) - Petchabun City. Tuesday & Friday 1000. Many ex-pat golfers.
  3. Mrs Moons shop (Moo 3) - Ban Phu Toei, Friday nights the best. Mainly Brit with the odd Swiss chap. Some have been here that long that they remember when the Highway 21 was a single track road.
  4. Age groups vary a lot, but most on retirement extensions (over 50's), but I have seen the odd sprog. Most do not hang about too long as its not the 'bright lights up here', they just come to check out the new TG family, how many kids/extended family/older brothers!!! etc. - Just kidding.

Your welcome - Billy Britain