Crackdown On Bangkok Prostitutes

george

Great  stuff,

Now I would like to see laws passed that could prosecute customers of the Prostitutes, it is my opinion that  many people travel thousands of miles purely to exploit the situation that exists here in Thailand.

If prostitution is against the law in Thailand then people are travelling to Thailand to partake in an unlawful act. If they are really serious about cleaning up Thailands image, they will bust  some farangs and fine and deport them, it would make world news and  send out a message that sex tourists are not welcome here no more.

I for one would welcome any laws that made the customer the guilty party. In my opinion people that travel thousands of miles to exploit financially vunerable people, should be made to pay for that crime, cos that is what it is, a crime.  :o

There is NO prostitution in LOS.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys come back to the topic.

Prostitution in itself is older as it is mankind. I do not believe that we can change this. it is a very complicated matter with too many factors involved.

But the issue in here, it is not prostitution, it is the actual human misery, unfairness and tragedy behind most cases of young and beautiful girls in Thailand.

How we can help?. Some ideas:

- Most forangs have enough money to buy a small business to a girsl that want to go out of the business. Try it iw not expensive and it works.

- Treat the girls with more respect and help them if you can, to both get a job, study or whatever to open her chances...even to find a forang that take care of her (and of their families.....this is the reality).

This will not fix this world, it ill improve yours and the one of the lucky ones crossing your road. I have done the experiment, with many failures, but also with many successes. And yet I am enjoying the pleasure of their beautiful figures and company. I wish I can do more, and perhaps you can help.

It is a statistic that approximately 97% of the men that go with prostitutes in Thailand are Thai ! So dont blame the sex trade on farangs. It was happening a long time before tourists went to Thailand. But as usual Thailand will never blame itself for its wrongdoings.

Recent research indicates that over one million women in the United States earn their living by full-time prostitution. Furthermore, roughly one in every six American men has been a willing client of a prostitute within the past five years. Even more interesting and alarming is the fact that engaging in sex with a prostitute is now the third most common way for an American male to contract the AIDS virus.

Ironically perhaps, the rising threat of AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases has become one of the most compelling arguments for the complete legalization of prostitution. According to current evidence, roughly half of the street prostitutes in Washington, D.C., and New York City are HIV-positive. In Newark, New Jersey, the estimate is that close to 60% of all prostitutes carry the AIDS virus.

And USA is a welfare state, if all welfare stopped, what would the figures be like then?

10 Million Prostitutes, 15 Million ?

Don't come to Thailand to partake in such a sordid business, The Americans have enough Prostitutes that they can pay for sex without travelling thousands of miles to do it.

Great  stuff,

Now I would like to see laws passed that could prosecute customers of the Prostitutes, it is my opinion that  many people travel thousands of miles purely to exploit the situation that exists here in Thailand.

If prostitution is against the law in Thailand then people are travelling to Thailand to partake in an unlawful act. If they are really serious about cleaning up Thailands image, they will bust  some farangs and fine and deport them, it would make world news and  send out a message that sex tourists are not welcome here no more.

I for one would welcome any laws that made the customer the guilty party. In my opinion people that travel thousands of miles to exploit financially vunerable people, should be made to pay for that crime, cos that is what it is, a crime.  :o

Well said.

To travel half way round the world just for a shag is a prety sad life perhaps the Thai gov. can set up a task force to help poor deranged forangs who can't get it any other way. Personaly i think the prostitutes self esteem must be way higher than the poor smuck who needs to pay for it.

It is a statistic that approximately 97% of the men that go with prostitutes in Thailand are Thai !  So dont blame the sex trade on farangs.  It was happening a long time before tourists went to Thailand.  But as usual Thailand will never blame itself for its wrongdoings.

Is'nt it conveinient how they forget this fact. :o

And yet I am enjoying the pleasure of their beautiful figures and company. I wish I can do more.

What a hero you are..........

You can do a whole lot more, You can help them without having the pleasure of their beautiful figures and company.

Try helping them without them having to sleep with you for your help.

Have you never been a "John", Doctor?

I have a Jamaican girlfriend with three children and no visible means of support, including any possible jamaican man she is likely to team up with, a Thai girlfriend who was a bar girl and I believe sold into virtual sex slavery by her very poor farmer parents at a very young age,

I am 54 the are both about thirty, I do not believe they find my touch repulsive , I live with both at various times and I get the inpression , and I am not incurably optimistic, that they both enjoy looking after me as I do them, I believe that I have helped both to stop selling their pussy at least to some extent, is this balance positive or negative?

What plans do the Thai government have to aleviate the cultural flaws in its society that are responsible for producing the absolute cultural necessity for women to prostitute themselves to support families including effectively perfectly able bodied male siblings?l

I would guess none even if they pretend they have , as with this laughable visit by a Thai minister question prostitutes, it is only window dressing, in Jamaica reading the newspaper you would believe it was a virtual welfare state, but when the poor people turn up at the post office for their benefits they are mostly not there. Is this the case in Thailand?

I have a Jamaican girlfriend with three children and no visible means of support, including any possible jamaican man she is likely to team up with, a Thai girlfriend who was a bar girl and I believe sold into virtual sex  slavery by her very poor farmer parents at a very young age,

I am 54 the are both about thirty, I do not believe they find my touch repulsive , I live with both at various times and I get the inpression , and I am not incurably optimistic, that they both enjoy looking after me as I do them, I believe that I have helped both to stop selling their pussy at least to some extent,  is this balance positive or negative?

What plans do the Thai government have to aleviate the cultural flaws in its society that are responsible for producing the absolute cultural necessity for women to prostitute themselves to support families including effectively perfectly able bodied male siblings?l

I would guess none  even if they  pretend they have , as with this laughable visit by a Thai minister question prostitutes, it is only window dressing, in Jamaica reading the newspaper you would believe it was a virtual welfare state, but when the poor people turn up at the post office for their benefits they are mostly not there. Is this the case in Thailand?

04-birdflu-inside2.jpg

I'll address these issues after lunch and upon my arrival back from Chile.

[

Oh, come on!  You can't possibly believe that foreigners created, or even support the majority of, Thai prostitution!  There are brothels in every village, town, and city in this country...and they sure as heck aren't serving farangs.

I do actually believe that foreigners playthe bigger part of it. Of course there are locals who look for prostitution as in every country in the world, but trully...

When you walk in BKK or Pataya do U see prostitutes with Thai's or foreigners?

And how much money would a Thai give to his prostitute and how much will a foreigner give? Of course Thailand is a sex- tourism getaway, and of course the foreigners with their western overload of money support it; and most of the times they even go further with fake promises just to get freebies... And this will never change... Unfortunatelly...

What can change is help those young boys and girls to study and offer them better working conditions, and support the agriculture or give them alternative working options.

It's basic economics: the less the demand- the less the production...

I do actually believe that foreigners playthe bigger part of it. Of course there are locals who look for prostitution as in every country in the world, but trully...

And how much money would a Thai give to his prostitute and how much will a foreigner give? Of course Thailand is a sex- tourism getaway, and of course the foreigners with their western overload of money support it; and most of the times they even go further with fake promises just to get freebies... And this will never change... Unfortunatelly...

You really are a <deleted>, try looking off the beaten track and you will see as may girls who work only with Thais, of course if you only look at walking street you will see farrangs, its a tourist street.

You sound more like a Thai girl who has been hurt by a farrang, and promised the world for free sex or a Thai man who can't afford to pay for it rather than a serious poster.

Prostitution was here long before the farrangs started coming.

Private Dick, I agree with you. Actually, the sex trade started many years before foreigners came to Thailand. Don't be so narrow-minded like Thai people. I understand you hate prostitution but don't only think of Patpong or cowboy. There are more Thai establishment, but they are hidden, so they came blame the farangs on this problem. I do agree with giving free education to all the poor girls and boys(university education I mean)in Thailand and they should also raise the salaries because they are keeping then low on purpose. This is also making the problem worse. The minister needs to stop being so narrow-minded and read this article to know what's going on because he is lost. He should be fired for thinking so stupidly.

[

Oh, come on!  You can't possibly believe that foreigners created, or even support the majority of, Thai prostitution!  There are brothels in every village, town, and city in this country...and they sure as heck aren't serving farangs.

What can change is help those young boys and girls to study and offer them better working conditions, and support the agriculture or give them alternative working options.

Dumb beyond belief..........

PROSTITUTION SEASON

A new three-part season lifts the lid on one of the biggest – and most hidden – industries in Britain. Prostitution alone is estimated to generate between £700m and £1b per year. As a nation we spend more on sex than on going to the cinema. Yet we treat people who work in that industry with a mixture of contempt, pity and legal marginalisation.

Good old Great Britain.

We can teach those Asians a thing or two about morals eh?

[

Dumb beyond belief..........

Dumb beyond belief and uninformed as well. Prostitution was established and thriving before the war in Vietnam brought hoards of GIs on R&R to Thailand. I will concede that the price has gone up due to sex tourists with too much baht in their pockets. Thai men will not pay what farangs generally do, they don't have to. Sex is a commodity and supply/demand will dictate price. That is why many of the ladies and ladyboys as well lower their price during rainy season. The problem will not go away, driven out of sight perhaps, but never eliminated. I will agree that the current government seems determined to ruin the entertainment industry. Early closings, drug checks in the discos and now driving the ladies out of sight will certainly reduce the number of punters visiting the LOS. If that is the goal, then Thaksin may get his wish.

I will agree that the current government seems determined to ruin the entertainment industry. Early closings, drug checks in the discos and now driving the ladies out of sight will certainly reduce the number of punters visiting the LOS. If that is the goal, then Thaksin may get his wish.

If I was the Prime Minister of Thailand I would also do all I could to keep sex tourists away from my country. I would draft laws where customers would be arrested for engaging in an illegal activity.

Would you not do the same for your own people ?

To rid Thailand of sex tourists would be a great achievment and would probably get Thaksin the Nobel prize, and I for one would be behind him all the way.

The sooner Thailand is rid of the scum that arrives to exploit her people, the better it will be for all concerned.

If I was the Prime Minister of Thailand I would also do all I could to keep sex tourists away from my country. I would draft laws where customers would be arrested for engaging in an illegal activity.

To rid Thailand of sex tourists would be a great achievment and would probably get Thaksin the Nobel prize, and I for one would be behind him all the way.

The sooner Thailand is rid of the scum that arrives to exploit her people, the better it will be for all concerned.

Another <deleted>, he thinks Chelsea head hunters are nice guys but hates anyone who likes a thai girl for a few hours, take away the farrangs and you won't get less working girls just poorer ones.

Whenever people talk of prostitution in Thailand, you will read the same comments over and over again..............

" Why don't the Thai goverment do something about it " Is an often used phrase used by Farangs

When the Government do take some measures, then what do we hear?

" The government will ruin the tourist industry "

Many people want to act all moralistic and ethical, but it seems they also still want young Thai women to be available for cheap sex.

I say: Arrest a few farangs engaging in an illegal activity in Thailand, ( prostitution ), name them and shame them, fine and deport them.

International headlines. Thaksin will be a hero. Sex tourists will exploit other countries. Then maybe a different class of Tourist will come to Thailand.

What about the *locals*, which is lets face it 90% of the business. And what about the *local* scum exploiting their *own* people (at least one of whom featured prominantly in the recent election for Governer of Bangkok !)

I don't think Thaksin could ever qualify as a hero or a nobel prize candidate after presiding over the extra-judicial killings of so many of his own people.

I See DrJohns reasoning now, he thinks if the sex tourists go home the price will drop and he can get away with 250 baht again like he used to in the good old days.. caught ya

Just go home? I would like them to face criminal charges first.

Thaksin is a Pussycat compared to what laws and crackdowns I would unleash on all that come to Thailand to abuse the laws and exploit the people.

What about the *locals*, which is lets face it 90% of the business. And what about the *local* scum exploiting their *own* people (at least one of whom featured prominantly in the recent election for Governer of Bangkok !)

So you think that the Thai government need take no steps to try to rid Thailand of its Cheap sex image?

What would you do if it was your country?

I don't care about 'image' or 'face'. Kicking a few farangs out will only address a tiny fraction of the issue and is the sort of thing a politician will do to seek popularity. If you really want to address prostitution in Thailand you are going to need to sort out the local situation - the underlying cause - of why people take up prostitution in the first place.

There's no point having a squeaky clean 'image' if underneath things are as dirty as ######. Frankly, I prefer problems left out in the open where they can be seen and dealt with.

(Nothing personal, by the way, and I have no interest in a flame war - so have a good weekend guys !)

I will agree that the current government seems determined to ruin the entertainment industry. Early closings, drug checks in the discos and now driving the ladies out of sight will certainly reduce the number of punters visiting the LOS. If that is the goal, then Thaksin may get his wish.

Are you for real or in love with seeing your self in print!